**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Options
    Pauly2099Pauly2099 Posts: 1
    Please bring back the 4* basic arena , that was the only way to get the champs that you are targeting
  • Options
    MystiKayMystiKay Posts: 87
    I'll give my complete perception of all the arena changes, but I want to explain my points and show all the math I did and also some ideas of what can be changed:
    -
    • Summoner Trials: I think it's the best arena overhaul, with more work but more reword, so what I would like to suggest is a bit more points. Since there was an increase in the rewards, I think the points for 3* and 4* at least could stay the same, but a 2* point increase would help progressing and especially starting players;
    • Basic Arena: A bit higher of rewards but the amount of work skyrocketed even more, making it really hard for new players, even using max 4*s. What I would suggest is decreasing the quantity of milestones and split those rewards on the remaining milestones: instead of 16.5M points, maybe 12.5M.
    • Featured Arena: I think it needs to most work, because, just as a heads up, the amount of work and reward for the previous 3* and 4* featured arena is the same as the new 6* featured arena, because the things from the old 5* featured arena were split on the other ones. I would like to suggest an increase in resources on the arena or, like the previous one, less quantity of milestones, with the rewards on the remaining ones.
    About the Champions available in the milestones, is an awesome idea, but still needs some teaks. Some could be already fixed with the other things I said before, if not, put them in the milestone right before the one they are today. The Basic versions could stay the same.

And now to show the calculations I did. To explain what I did, I used a proven formula to calculate the amount of points you get per fights (discovered on reddit a long time ago that I've been working a lot recently), so I know what each Stars influence the points.

For the Summoner Trials, the rewards were increased, but if you notice all the fights it takes, it's too high for new players, even considering the new rewards, especially with 2*s

For the Basic Arena, the rewards increase a bit, but just like Trials, it's really painful for new players where it takes too much fights to get the rewards. And here a pattern emerges, 6*s will be as effective as the old arenas.

Now the Featured Arena. This one, like I said, is where the rewards were cut for the previous arenas, and the work to get the rewards are only effective like before if you use 6*s at Rank 2.

For the Champions in the Milestones, I just want to also show the amount of fights, but like I said, the Basic Arena ones seem to be find, but I hope lower values on the Featured ones to help progressing players, especially on the 3*s.

And to end, here's the compiled data from all this, where we can see that the rewards are basically the same, but the discrepancy of fights is even larger now. For the Best Case Scenario on fights, the value is a bit lower, focusing of course on using 6*s...but the huge difference appears on the Worst Case Scenario, considering progressing players, there it more than doubles.

Some of the suggestions I gave I think would change much for top players, but help a lot more of new and progressing players, especially the thing about increasing the base points on lower stars

And I would like to also hear everyone's opinion about this things I said. Thank you!
  • Options
    Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 ★★

Pauly2099 said:

Please bring back the 4* basic arena , that was the only way to get the champs that you are targeting

There are 4-Star Basic and Featured Champions in the Milestones of the new Arenas.
    Yeah, we got the 4 basic hero around 3.5 million and a good amount of units...but now we need to double the grind for that and the units pftt
  • Options
    TokenpsychoTokenpsycho Posts: 1
    As someone who previously completed every milestone in all the arenas, I am really disappointed in the new arena milestones. Im Cavalier and my roster is nowhere near high enough to get the units that I was able to get previously. This was a really crappy move to do to lots of your player base.
  • Options
    Levvyzz_OPLevvyzz_OP Posts: 14
    alhir27 said:

Karate Mike's solution is a geat one, please check it out kabam it is a 10 minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9a6Nz3Xr4U

No way. Non UC accounts don't have access to 6 arena so no wiggle of current setup will make it back to normal. I have alts that aren't UC and now i don't have access to as much milestones and ones i have are tedious with forcing 4*. Garbage. Lot of youtubers are very narrow minded from their own point of view. Watch ilacskills vid...
  • Options
    Robbo9Robbo9 Posts: 51
    Right, I’ve finished hitting the milestones in the featured arena and I should be able to finish the basic tomorrow so I wanted to add some proper thoughts on this now.

I’ve got a big enough roster that I hit the milestones by running 5*s for the first 15 rounds then 3 runs of my 6*s. Probably took me about 2.5 hours all in. Even if you just do the 12mil milestone that the old arena went to you get 140 units. Add in the the fact that you can keep going for 60 more and also the grandmaster shards and it’s a big improvement. I don’t think you need to change this arena at all. As long as changes are made to the other arenas I can’t see where anyone is being disadvantaged compared to the old 5* featured.

The basic arena is my issue though. You need a similar roster to do that one. 5 stars won’t cut it. As a comparison, I’ve ran 93 rounds in the featured to get to 16.5mil. I’ve ran 45 rounds in the basic with just 5s and I’m only at 4mil. I can now use the 6s to finish but otherwise I’d be looking at 200 rounds with 5 stars to get the milestones. That’s insane. Instead of getting 135 units for 4mil points in the old 4* featured you only get 55 units for the same milestone here. Add in 6*s causing deathmatches and there’s so many problems there

I wouldn’t have the roster I do now if not for the old arena structure. I could target specific 4s in the basic arena to get uncollected and complete the rest of act 5, and the units I picked up pushed me to cav and beyond. So while I have the roster to handle this new setup and possibly benefit from it due to the new rank rewards, I’m not a fan of pulling the ladder up behind me.

As a very simple first step, why not add the 4* basic hero to the 1.5mil milestone of the 2-4* arena? Do that, and frontload most of the units in the basic arena to the first 6 milestones and I think you’ll have a lot less complaints.
  • Options
    MBrotherMBrother Posts: 31
    Snurris said:

@Kabam Miike you asked for constructive feedback. Here’s mine.

Rewards: the change to rewards in it self is really great. Getting GM shards and a 4* hero is a very big improvement.

Milestones: is an issue. This is totally opposite to QOL-changes. Double the grind is hard for most players. Most people want the units and now you get way less for the same grind.

Here’s my suggestions.

6* basic. Change the numbers of units on the lower milestones so that when u hit 4 million you have gotten 135. That way the same number for the same grind as previous 4* fearured. Then you can keep the rest of the milestones upwards as an incentive to make people play even more.

6* featured. Same as above but you have 135
    Units when u hit 12 million milestone.

4* nexus. Same as above but you have 135
    Units when u hit 1.5 million milestone.

This way the grind stays the same for the same amount of units. And if you don’t want summoners to get to many units just lower the amount on higher milestones and ad some other rewards like cav shards or so.

This is a very good suggestion would be happy to see something similar implemented @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Saad_AhmadSaad_Ahmad Posts: 3
    The new Arena Structure is Good but some slide changes can make it better, specially in acquisition of Units and Battle chips. Which is primarily purpose of Arena Grinding for most of the summoners.
  • Options
    ObiDonObiDon Posts: 27
    A few ideas for improvements:

An hourly boost each 24 hour cycle that a player may activate to double all arena points earned in fights. (To help get milestones quicker.)

Have more arenas available but restrict access to only being able to choose three of them to do. (To limit the amount of units a player may accumulate in a three day period)

Move all the unit milestones to below ten million threshold and have different milestones without units in the higher tiers.

For the love of Pete, let’s abolish death matches.

Thanks.
  • Options
    VarisVaris Posts: 2
    I'm thronebreaker with 1.1m account 21 6* champs, 22 maxed 5* and 7 maxed 4*. With old system I could hit all milestones across all arenas including t1a and t2b. Now I have no chance.
    My solution to this issue is simple. Game is evolving and it's time to evolve points multiplier from x3 to x5
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

ilacskills is 100% right

Basically, I know how much I play and how I play. I know how many units I get and rewards I get. I know this is all smoke and mirrors. If by the end of this little fiasco my situation is worsened in ANY WAY I'm quitting this and all my alts. Back to the real world. You don't own me nor my time. With this stunt, you actually tell me that you don't appreciate the time I already spend at all and that there is wiggle room for you to maybe partially appreciate me 5%. This is a bad change and any wiggle room is likely not going to be adequate. Good luck rolling the dice with 95% of the community. :wink:

Great video link, thank you! I've been trying to understand why this whole situation has had me feeling so grossed out, and now I understand--it's because we're being lied to and manipulated. I've already started tying up my loose ends in-game and will be uninstalling this week. I'll be heading back to games where my money and time is actually valued, and where I'm not treated like an idiot.
    you don't have to leave the game.There isn't even another fighter game that is close to this game except Mortal Kombat but that game is nothing compared to mcoc. At least we can do is see what kabam come up with a solution(s) based on our feedback and if their solution(s) is not in your liking then you can leave the game for all you want.
  • Options
    SkystormSkystorm Posts: 9
    Not loving the new arena system at all!!!! Almost 6 mil to get a featured Shang chi as a 3 star. Yeah sure ok you can use your 4,5,and 6 stars but what if you don’t have a lot of them ranked up enough to spend less time. I’m not impressed at all. It’s a bunch of bull!!!
  • Options
    NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    maybe the best solution for most new arena's problems is to increase the number of points you get from 5* champions to match 6* based on rank. for example, you get the same amount of point for using 5* r5 and 6* r2 - 5* r4 matches 6* r1. After that points increase 6* should be excluded from 6* basic arena and 4* should be excluded from summoner trial then tune up milestones accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.