**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner's Choice Buff Winner Discussion [edited title for clarity]

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

Remember that just because he didn’t win doesn’t mean he’s off the buff list or anything. He just didn’t get the Fall buff spot. We still plan to update all of the Champions on that list.

Would be nice to have a more detailed planning about who will be rework and approximately when.
    They’ve previously stated they are aiming for an October/November window.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

whenever this buff comes i do hope that they fix her animations. she is not smooth to play .. very clunky sword attacks etc.

No animation changes with this buff, not that she even needs them.
    She had the best animations of the bunch, it's up to preference but I think her sword animations are just fine.
    Fast first light attack makes her pretty safe for backdraft light intercepts, her normal combo and sp2 are nice and she's got good range on her heavy that's spammable.
  • Options
    SuperSleightSuperSleight Posts: 46

Summoner's choice poll
    I understand why it's hard to believe that Guillotine won. Anecdotally most people I know, alliance members, content creators, etc, were voting for Ant-Man. Ant-Man won the forum poll by a pretty large margin. Yes there were more champs to choose from the first round. 37% of the vote went to champs other than Ant-Man and Guillotine. Only having Ant-Man and Guillotine to choose from, that 30% of those people would vote for Guillotine over Ant-Man is improbable with a sample size total as large as 9,536.

Of course it wasn't another forum poll that decided the winner between Ant-Man and Guillotine, it was votes cast by hitting milestones in an arena. The people willing to do that grind and the people that voted in the forums will certainly vary, but it's reasonable that results would still be similar. One issue with the interface for voting was that *Guillotine was selected by default*! So I imagine there were people (and potentially bots) grinding that arena that didn't care who won and left the vote option as is, so the arena was slanted in Guillotine's favor. There should have been no default choice, or a third choice of "don't care" so that it was fairer.

- - -
    DNA3000 said:

1. Ant-Man did not win the poll by "a pretty large margin." It won over the second place option by a margin of 1727 votes in a poll where 3740 votes went to neither the first or second place option. That is not normally considered to be a pretty large margin.

Out of 9,536 votes, 1,727 *is* a large margin. Ant-Man beat the next closest option by almost 20%.
    DNA3000 said:

2. I don't see how you can argue that it is unlikely that most of the 3740 people who did not vote for either of the top choices would vote for the second option over the first due to "sample size." The poll explicitly tells you that those people had a different first choice than the top two options. It tells you nothing about the relative preferences between them … I'm not sure why you would think that, but that's not how polls or humans work.

That's exactly how polls work. The larger the sample size gets, the more accurately you can predict the likelihood of a winner. That everyone that didn't vote for Ant-Man or Guillotine would then almost all vote for Guillotine in a second round contradicts the trend of the poll. Like I said, the problem is that the second round of voting wasn't in the forums again, and I'm not saying that the forum votes and arena votes would be the exact same percentages. My overall point that I began with in my original post was that I understand why it's hard to believe that Ant-Man didn't win.
    DNA3000 said:

3. … A bot, meanwhile, would not have been programmed to collect the rewards that triggered the voting in the first place, unless the bot was specifically programmed with the intent to vote.

Isn't the point of an arena bot to auto-farm units and battle chips? If so, they would have to claim the rewards and be forced to vote.

Anyway, here's the point: So many are surprised Ant-Man didn't win because he won the first poll by a large margin, and anecdotally most people were voting for Ant-Man. And people are suspicious because Guillotine is Kabam's baby, and the arena voting interface had Guillotine selected by default. Sure it's possible that Guillotine won fair and square, it just didn't seem likely.
  • Options
    Theshark1Theshark1 Posts: 77
    That’s some shady stuff @Kabam Miike you know the arenas have a ton of bots. It’s honestly stupid to vote through an arena. What’s wrong with just having a message pop up when you login to vote just like the ones that pop up for the surveys
  • Options
    Theshark1Theshark1 Posts: 77
    Idc who won cause I have both champs just seems shady to me to vote through arena
  • Options
    angelocrtzangelocrtz Posts: 100
    I don't think the issue is who won the buff (they both need it, **** all the champs listed on to begin with need it), the issue is the method of a voting system kabam chose to run. With tech where is at you telling me you could not send an in game message link to a one time vote website, instead of forcing players to spend time in an arena with terrible rewards, top dumbest thing I have seen a mobile game.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Lordabck said:

This is not fair. Ant man won community poll by large margin. How come you original character win out of all the other fan favourite. Something is not right here.

Ant Man won the Forum vote by about 1700 votes. Guillotine won the Arena Ballot Poll by about 75,000 votes. The margin there is over 7x the number of votes in the poll combined. There were A LOT more people that voted in-game vs those that voted in the Forums, and it's important to remember that no online community is every really fully representative of the collective community.

If that were the case, I'm pretty sure that Omega Sentinel would have beat Hercules, based on all of the polls, posts, and videos that you all made :wink:
    First of all whoever thought about locking the votes behind an arena grind, that was a great alternate interpratation of democracy, 5000 IQ move I am sure whoever thought that is getting a raise lol.
    Second, weren't there like 5-6 votes ppl could have if they did the entire arena? So that margin doesn't actually represent how many more ppl voted for Guilly. Really don't care much who won cuz I voted for Fixit and skipped the arena after that but those numbers are just inflated cuz 1 person was able to vote like 5-6 times. I am not certain about the number but I am pretty sure you were able to vote multiple times, which shows that number is just inflated.
    I mean. You can just divide 75000 by 6 to get a rough estimate on how many more people voted for Guilly. It was about 12500 more people, assuming that most people used all their votes for one champion and didn't split them.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Summoner's choice poll
    I understand why it's hard to believe that Guillotine won. Anecdotally most people I know, alliance members, content creators, etc, were voting for Ant-Man. Ant-Man won the forum poll by a pretty large margin. Yes there were more champs to choose from the first round. 37% of the vote went to champs other than Ant-Man and Guillotine. Only having Ant-Man and Guillotine to choose from, that 30% of those people would vote for Guillotine over Ant-Man is improbable with a sample size total as large as 9,536.

Of course it wasn't another forum poll that decided the winner between Ant-Man and Guillotine, it was votes cast by hitting milestones in an arena. The people willing to do that grind and the people that voted in the forums will certainly vary, but it's reasonable that results would still be similar. One issue with the interface for voting was that *Guillotine was selected by default*! So I imagine there were people (and potentially bots) grinding that arena that didn't care who won and left the vote option as is, so the arena was slanted in Guillotine's favor. There should have been no default choice, or a third choice of "don't care" so that it was fairer.

- - -
    DNA3000 said:

1. Ant-Man did not win the poll by "a pretty large margin." It won over the second place option by a margin of 1727 votes in a poll where 3740 votes went to neither the first or second place option. That is not normally considered to be a pretty large margin.

Out of 9,536 votes, 1,727 *is* a large margin. Ant-Man beat the next closest option by almost 20%.
    DNA3000 said:

2. I don't see how you can argue that it is unlikely that most of the 3740 people who did not vote for either of the top choices would vote for the second option over the first due to "sample size." The poll explicitly tells you that those people had a different first choice than the top two options. It tells you nothing about the relative preferences between them … I'm not sure why you would think that, but that's not how polls or humans work.

That's exactly how polls work. The larger the sample size gets, the more accurately you can predict the likelihood of a winner. That everyone that didn't vote for Ant-Man or Guillotine would then almost all vote for Guillotine in a second round contradicts the trend of the poll. Like I said, the problem is that the second round of voting wasn't in the forums again, and I'm not saying that the forum votes and arena votes would be the exact same percentages. My overall point that I began with in my original post was that I understand why it's hard to believe that Ant-Man didn't win.
    DNA3000 said:

3. … A bot, meanwhile, would not have been programmed to collect the rewards that triggered the voting in the first place, unless the bot was specifically programmed with the intent to vote.

Isn't the point of an arena bot to auto-farm units and battle chips? If so, they would have to claim the rewards and be forced to vote.

Anyway, here's the point: So many are surprised Ant-Man didn't win because he won the first poll by a large margin, and anecdotally most people were voting for Ant-Man. And people are suspicious because Guillotine is Kabam's baby, and the arena voting interface had Guillotine selected by default. Sure it's possible that Guillotine won fair and square, it just didn't seem likely.
    If thats the case, the bots could go either way. No party was at a disadvantage. If more people liked guillotine, that’s simply the case. People would be mad if ant man won, not everyone can be satisfied. But its a win win seeing as guillotine gets buffed first but ant man gets the full overhaul being the fan favorite. I can promise you’d be disappointed if ant man won the poll, since his animations would remain the same. All in all works out for everyone
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

whenever this buff comes i do hope that they fix her animations. she is not smooth to play .. very clunky sword attacks etc.

Absolutely no. You are one of the very few i have ever seen say this. Me personally and everyone ive talked with over the years regarding her Absolutely loves her animations
    maybe it's my iPhone 12 or lag or something .. i'll try again .. but every time I play her, the sword play seems wonky.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes, my grinding hasn't been in vain!
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

DawsMan said:

tafre said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

Lordabck said:

This is not fair. Ant man won community poll by large margin. How come you original character win out of all the other fan favourite. Something is not right here.

Ant Man won the Forum vote by about 1700 votes. Guillotine won the Arena Ballot Poll by about 75,000 votes. The margin there is over 7x the number of votes in the poll combined. There were A LOT more people that voted in-game vs those that voted in the Forums, and it's important to remember that no online community is every really fully representative of the collective community.

If that were the case, I'm pretty sure that Omega Sentinel would have beat Hercules, based on all of the polls, posts, and videos that you all made :wink:
    First of all whoever thought about locking the votes behind an arena grind, that was a great alternate interpratation of democracy, 5000 IQ move I am sure whoever thought that is getting a raise lol.
    Second, weren't there like 5-6 votes ppl could have if they did the entire arena? So that margin doesn't actually represent how many more ppl voted for Guilly. Really don't care much who won cuz I voted for Fixit and skipped the arena after that but those numbers are just inflated cuz 1 person was able to vote like 5-6 times. I am not certain about the number but I am pretty sure you were able to vote multiple times, which shows that number is just inflated.
    I mean. You can just divide 75000 by 6 to get a rough estimate on how many more people voted for Guilly. It was about 12500 more people, assuming that most people used all their votes for one champion and didn't split them.
    I am not saying more ppl didn't vote, I am just saying the numbers are inflated. The number shows how many ppl didn't even bother to vote cuz this game certainly does not have a playerbase that small. We don't know cuz Kabam doesn't actually release how many ppl are logging in daily.

My main point was that the voting system was flawed. Why not have a vote like the Omega Sentinel/Hercules vote? Why lock it behind a pointless grind during the time when arena was in a horrible state? It is just not a smart system. locking democracy behind a grind where if you grind more you are able to vote more! Anyways my opinion doesn't matter apparently...
    Cuz, as they said earlier, they were trying something new. The numbers are inflated but the raw number does not affect percentages and 12,500 is still a lot of people who chose guilly over ant man, especially because so many people were mad about the arena like you are. If arena was in a horrible state, it was the perfect time for this because people didn't want to grind in the new arenas, thus had time to grind the other one. Second, the arena was around for a decent amount of time and you could use all champions and it was very easy to hit all the milestones. Nobody has said your opinion doesn't matter, why are you pretending to be a victim?
    Cuz when I state my opinion ppl are like you are a clown lol. Not based on the forums btw.

Anyways, if anybody actually thinks grinding an arena to vote for something, which is antidemocratic beats the purpose of a vote, is a smart way of representing the majority of the community and its opinion, compared to an actual poll like we had last year, I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t care who wins cuz I have both Guilly(6 star) and Antman (4/55 sig200) I just can’t understand how anybody thinks this was a smart voting system.
    Yeah, you have your opinion, everyone else has theirs. I can understand your disgruntledness, but you give them feedback in a post, then move on. It's not as if these grinds for votes has become a habit. The voting system was in place so that players who don't visit the forums could participate. Effort had to be put in and that would reduce the risk of players making fake accounts and just voting for the champions they want. And, as stated by me earlier as seen in a post by Kabam Miike, they wanted to see if this was a good idea and a lot of people are saying it isn't. I'm sure they've received that feedback.

I would also recommend taking a leaf out of my book. Notice how I didn't say, "Oh my personality doesn't matter anymore people are calling me a clown, and oh my opinion doesn't matter anymore because people don't agree with it :'( .

Just something to think about :)
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

tafre said:

DawsMan said:

tafre said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

Lordabck said:

I am not saying more ppl didn't vote, I am just saying the numbers are inflated. The number shows how many ppl didn't even bother to vote cuz this game certainly does not have a playerbase that small. We don't know cuz Kabam doesn't actually release how many ppl are logging in daily.

My main point was that the voting system was flawed. Why not have a vote like the Omega Sentinel/Hercules vote? Why lock it behind a pointless grind during the time when arena was in a horrible state? It is just not a smart system. locking democracy behind a grind where if you grind more you are able to vote more! Anyways my opinion doesn't matter apparently...
    Cuz, as they said earlier, they were trying something new. The numbers are inflated but the raw number does not affect percentages and 12,500 is still a lot of people who chose guilly over ant man, especially because so many people were mad about the arena like you are. If arena was in a horrible state, it was the perfect time for this because people didn't want to grind in the new arenas, thus had time to grind the other one. Second, the arena was around for a decent amount of time and you could use all champions and it was very easy to hit all the milestones. Nobody has said your opinion doesn't matter, why are you pretending to be a victim?
    Cuz when I state my opinion ppl are like you are a clown lol. Not based on the forums btw.

Anyways, if anybody actually thinks grinding an arena to vote for something, which is antidemocratic beats the purpose of a vote, is a smart way of representing the majority of the community and its opinion, compared to an actual poll like we had last year, I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t care who wins cuz I have both Guilly(6 star) and Antman (4/55 sig200) I just can’t understand how anybody thinks this was a smart voting system.
    Yeah, you have your opinion, everyone else has theirs. I can understand your disgruntledness, but you give them feedback in a post, then move on. It's not as if these grinds for votes has become a habit. The voting system was in place so that players who don't visit the forums could participate. Effort had to be put in and that would reduce the risk of players making fake accounts and just voting for the champions they want. And, as stated by me earlier as seen in a post by Kabam Miike, they wanted to see if this was a good idea and a lot of people are saying it isn't. I'm sure they've received that feedback.

I would also recommend taking a leaf out of my book. Notice how I didn't say, "Oh my personality doesn't matter anymore people are calling me a clown, and oh my opinion doesn't matter anymore because people don't agree with it :'( .

I may disagree with the voting process, but not to the point where it matters where we get frustrated over it. Both champs are getting buffs. Guillotine sooner and Ant-Man later.

I feel as if we’re all arguing towards the same goal.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

tafre said:

You've missed the point of the community vote entirely. This is not a democracy, this is a game. The intent of the community poll was not to figure out who the majority of players wanted to be buffed, the intent of the community poll was to get players engaged with the game and the community. You had to actually play the game to earn a vote, because Kabam wanted people to be more engaged with the game.

In a representative democracy, you want the barriers to vote to be as low as possible and everyone to have the same voting power. That was never the intent of Kabam. They wanted engaged players, and they wanted to reward engagement. This was not an election, this was a competition. The side with the most engaged players won. That's unfair if you're trying to hold an election. That's entirely fair if you're trying to hold a competition and reward the most involved competitors.
    I played the arena and voted antman all the way. I can see why gully won though. It's a combination of ghost players simply being overconfident, the people who lost in the forums voting for gully, ghost haters😂. But, the arena was a major factor.

The timing of the arena, the number of milestones, nothing useful being in the arena other than phc all made sure that only the most die hard people who wanted to vote for their characters grinded the arena.

I am hoping the future voting is a simpler process than this. Only reason I went all the way was I grind regularly and so did not see any issues. If this was a side quest or even a simple poll in the game without the arena, the results may have been closer.

Another point about the arena is its a game mode not everyone plays. So you are essentially forcing some people to do something they don't like. People may be very engaged in the game, but not play arena at all. They could may be make it a solo objective with points coming from arena, side quests and the likes.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

tafre said:

DawsMan said:

tafre said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

Lordabck said:

I may disagree with the voting process, but not to the point where it matters where we get frustrated over it. Both champs are getting buffs. Guillotine sooner and Ant-Man later.

I feel as if we’re all arguing towards the same goal.
    I didn't quote you I quoted tafre. I am aware both champions are getting buffed my point was that he is really mad about the voting system, and I'm saying it's not something many agree with you don't need to keep bringing it up as a pain point especially after it's only been implimented once. I'm not sure I conveyed frustration?