New Website

RiptideRiptide Member Posts: 3,182 ★★★★★
Sounds like it’ll be pretty similar to auntmai, along with a better version of the official site.

What are your thoughts/hopes?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/290086/a-brand-new-marvel-contest-of-champions-website-is-coming-your-way#latest

Comments

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    If a mod or someone did it, it would actually be deleted and not just say deleted
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★
    Will the forum also look fresh? Is it included ?
  • sherin_66sherin_66 Member Posts: 261 ★★★

I personally am looking forward to it.

Same I think that it is a great thing.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    Thank goodness. This site has been hard to use ever since I joined.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

If a mod or someone did it, it would actually be deleted and not just say deleted

@Total_Domin01 it's all gone
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    While I hope we get an official auntm.ai, it sounds more like it is going to be similar to the same site as far as intent goes, just with more complete content.

What I really would like to see in the spotlight pages is all versions of a champ's spotlight.

EX:
    Hawkeye (Original Spotlight)
    Hawkeye (Spotlight as of Update XXX - REWORK )

Blade: (Original Spotlight)
    Blade: (Spotlight as of Update XXX - DESCRIPTION UPDATE)

This way we could compare Spotlights for a single champ to see how they have evolved over time.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★
  • Superjoe8293Superjoe8293 Member Posts: 42

Well it looks like someone at Kabam discovered the AWS Amplify Studio Demo that was shown off at Re:Invent last week....

Forgive me if this is obvious, is AWS Amplify Studio some type of UI development kit? I recently started doing a few free online coding courses, starting off with some front end stuff.

New website is beautiful though, very smooth, visually appealing, and easy to navigate.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,361 Guardian

Well it looks like someone at Kabam discovered the AWS Amplify Studio Demo that was shown off at Re:Invent last week....

Forgive me if this is obvious, is AWS Amplify Studio some type of UI development kit? I recently started doing a few free online coding courses, starting off with some front end stuff.
    My understanding is that it is more of a full stack dev tool. The general idea with full stack tools is to implement the entire app from the ground up, from data modelling to back end to front end in one integrated whole. That tight coupling allows the dev tools to automate or streamline a lot of the development work that usually goes into gluing all elements of a system like this together, so you can focus primarily on the data, the logic, and the appearance of the UI.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    How do we access the new website?

And will it replace the these forums? If not then I don’t need to go to the new one

How do we access the new website?

And will it replace the these forums? If not then I don’t need to go to the new one

The new site has replaced the old site at the same URL: https://playcontestofchampions.com/

As far as I'm aware, the new site is just a replacement for the old MCOC web site, there are no plans to replace the official forums.
  • Superjoe8293Superjoe8293 Member Posts: 42
    DNA3000 said:

My understanding is that it is more of a full stack dev tool. The general idea with full stack tools is to implement the entire app from the ground up, from data modelling to back end to front end in one integrated whole. That tight coupling allows the dev tools to automate or streamline a lot of the development work that usually goes into gluing all elements of a system like this together, so you can focus primarily on the data, the logic, and the appearance of the UI.
    I was looking into it a bit more, definitely a cool tool to throw up a website with a fraction of the usual time. Going to keep with learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript/React for the meantime but something to keep in mind.
  • RiptideRiptide Member Posts: 3,182 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I was looking into it a bit more, definitely a cool tool to throw up a website with a fraction of the usual time. Going to keep with learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript/React for the meantime but something to keep in mind.
    That’s cool! I’m interested in coding, know some python and scratch. Mostly kid stuff. I’m definitely going to look into website design though!

• DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    Thanks, I checked it out. Nice for those that are interested in that info. Not for me. Just need the forums
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

New website is beautiful though, very smooth, visually appealing, and easy to navigate.
    It's an IDE made to help development of web based applications and sites. It has a whole lot of pre-built React UI's and the new website looks a lot like one that is used for demos.

There's nothing wrong with that, it's quite a nice looking site and that's kind of the point of the pre-built UI's
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Member Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I would have wanted a new forum website as well. This site needs a revamp as well
  • SkjornSkjorn Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2021
    I mean I would’ve rather had a fix to the parry bug but a new website is cool too I guess
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,225 ★★★★★

Where is this new website?

read the thread, mate.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    @DNA3000 I've just read the Captain America' Spotlight and... did you really have to write some "Expert Player Notes" for him?? XD
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Skjorn said:

I mean I would’ve rather had a fix to the parry bug but a new website is cool too I guess

Isn’t it wonderful then, that it wasn’t a choice between the two?

@DNA3000 I've just read the Captain America' Spotlight and... did you really have to write some "Expert Player Notes" for him?? XD

A number of players were invited to contribute to updating some of the older champions’ spotlights, although I did not know (or forgot, the work was done a while ago) they would be released as part of this new web site. I was given the opportunity to contribute to a few of them, including OG Captain America. I was told that one had a bit more math than Kabam normally puts in spotlights.

The ones I got were more or less arbitrarily assigned, except for one which I volunteered to do explicitly. Long time forum readers who know anything about me might be able to guess which one was that one. There was also another one randomly assigned that I had more fun with than I probably deserved to. That one will require no guessing.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

A number of players were invited to contribute to updating some of the older champions’ spotlights, although I did not know (or forgot, the work was done a while ago) they would be released as part of this new web site. I was given the opportunity to contribute to a few of them, including OG Captain America. I was told that one had a bit more math than Kabam normally puts in spotlights.

The ones I got were more or less arbitrarily assigned, except for one which I volunteered to do explicitly. Long time forum readers who know anything about me might be able to guess which one was that one. There was also another one randomly assigned that I had more fun with than I probably deserved to. That one will require no guessing.
    Tell the names please?
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 can one of the two you mentioned be Venom? The "Strength" vs "Weakness" ratio seems a bit biased ^_^
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-deadpool/

Definitely enjoyed this one @DNA3000