**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier Sexennium Crystal drop rates issue

orpimeSorpimeS Posts: 26
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike just bought the Cav deal and chose the 2020 champs crystal. It looks like there is an issue with the drop rates on these crystals. If required, I can share a video of the crystal opening which didn't show a single 6* in it.
Let me know if and how this will be fixed.

Comments

• orpimeSorpimeS Posts: 26
    I have no idea about that. What do you mean?
    Wow! This is an epiphany. So, if I see 2 champs besides the one I pulled, it doesn't mean I narrowly missed them, does it? Can someone explain how the reel doesn't play a part and the champ I will pull is already decided???

Also, I am really not sure why the reel would show only 3 and 4*s.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    orpimeS said:

Wow! This is an epiphany. So, if I see 2 champs besides the one I pulled, it doesn't mean I narrowly missed them, does it? Can someone explain how the reel doesn't play a part and the champ I will pull is already decided???

Also, I am really not sure why the reel would show only 3 and 4*s.

The reel is like a flip book of random champions. What happens when you open a crystal is your request is sent to their server and a champions is randomly chosen from the options available, what then happens is that champion is placed into the flip book and the flip book is told to stop on that image.
    Thanks for clarifying, guys.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 634 ★★★
    @Snakep Just a follow up question, is the champion chosen when you put the crystal in the reel or when you tap it to stop. Because whenever I get a new champion, I don't get a notification until I tap it to stop, not while placing the crystal on the reel
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

@Snakep Just a follow up question, is the champion chosen when you put the crystal in the reel or when you tap it to stop. Because whenever I get a new champion, I don't get a notification until I tap it to stop, not while placing the crystal on the reel

When you tap it to stop.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    You got my hopes up for comp after opening a 4* and 5* dupe . Could’ve been a 3 I guess.
  • DawsMan said:

When you tap it to stop.
    Nope, as others said it is when you drag the crystal onto the reel and start it spinning. (Not when you actually click it to Stop).

Even though your own notification may not come thru until you actually stop it, you can live-chat outside of game with an alliance mate and they can tell you they may see it in the Alliance feed when you start spinning it (also accounts for you still getting that champ if you force close the game while it's spinning).

As to first question, champs in reel are normally a good variety of those available, although the distribution may be skewed toward seeing more higher “star” champs in the reel versus lower “star” ones that what the actual Odds are.
    Although occasionally the “population for the reel” for certain crystals may not have been programmed right (even though the ACTUAL pool of champs you can get ARE correct).

DawsMan said:

When you tap it to stop.
    Nope, as others said it is when you drag the crystal onto the reel and start it spinning. (Not when you actually click it to Stop).

Even though your own notification may not come thru until you actually stop it, you can live-chat outside of game with an alliance mate and they can tell you they may see it in the Alliance feed when you start spinning it (also accounts for you still getting that champ if you force close the game while it's spinning).

As to first question, champs in reel are normally a good variety of those available, although the distribution may be skewed toward seeing more higher “star” champs in the reel versus lower “star” ones that what the actual Odds are.
    Although occasionally the “population for the reel” for certain crystals may not have been programmed right (even though the ACTUAL pool of champs you can get ARE correct).
    Nope false, drop a crystal in the spinner and force close your game, No champion is awarded and the crystal is not consumed, not until the crystal is told to stop spinning. It’s rather unbelievable you just typed this out having never done it. Also indicated by the words “tap screen to stop” while it’s in the spinner.
  • Maybe I’m confusing putting it in spinner vs clicking to stop. But definitely PRIOR to when it actually does come to a stop.

So how about closing After clicking to stop, but Before it actually does come to a stop.

Point being, it has been determined prior to the reel reaching it's final clicking off champ-by-champ until it stops. There is no “oh, just missed him”.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

When you tap it to stop.

Though you’re right that the outcome is determined as you drop it onto the spinner, you’re not correct with the alliance mates being able to see it until you tap it. I have two accounts in the same alliance and right now I just tested it with two devices. Watching feed on one and the opening on the other. It wasn’t until the Crystal was tapped that it came up with “an alliance member has pulled a 3* purgatory etc”

Unless Kabam’s information has changed since it was confirmed that crystals are decided before champions start to show on the reel, the outcome is decided before it spins, but it isn’t added to your account until the Crystal is tapped.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

Maybe I’m confusing putting it in spinner vs clicking to stop. But definitely PRIOR to when it actually does come to a stop.

So how about closing After clicking to stop, but Before it actually does come to a stop.

Point being, it has been determined prior to the reel reaching it's final clicking off champ-by-champ until it stops. There is no “oh, just missed him”.

Yes, I just tried what @CoatHang3r said (with a 3* crystal, not taking chances). The 'open crystal' command and the tapping to stop the crystal are the points at which the champion is determined, depending on whether you pop or spin.
    But again, this has nothing to do with the reel.

Maybe I’m confusing putting it in spinner vs clicking to stop. But definitely PRIOR to when it actually does come to a stop.

It’s when the crystal is told to stop, has nothing to do with when it is placed, it’s when the crystal is opened that the champion is determined as that is when the request for their server to return a roll is sent to the client. If it was determined prior to it being opened players could engineer their crystal openings. 3 year old video btw.

Crystal is not consumed by spinning it. Stopping consumes a crystal.
    https://youtu.be/0gXib_QLLVc
    I was thinking about this a little more and maybe Kabam’s definition of spinner is slightly different than the players definition which is where the contention lies.

If Kabam’s definition of the spinner is what happens in the time period between when the crystal is told to stop but before the result is displayed, this is where the reel is moving towards an actual result after the client has sent a request to the server.

And the players definition is just the moment you drop it and start to see a reel (where nothing is actually being done server side since the request hasn’t been sent).

Then it might make sense why people are at odds about when the champion is actually chosen.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I was thinking about this a little more and maybe Kabam’s definition of spinner is slightly different than the players definition which is where the contention lies.

If Kabam’s definition of the spinner is what happens in the time period between when the crystal is told to stop but before the result is displayed, this is where the reel is moving towards an actual result after the client has sent a request to the server.

And the players definition is just the moment you drop it and start to see a reel (where nothing is actually being done server side since the request hasn’t been sent).

Then it might make sense why people are at odds about when the champion is actually chosen.

I’m just going off what Miike said here (though admittedly it is 4 and a half years old, or Miike could have been mistaken)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/26491#Comment_26491

I always thought that the champion was decided the second you tap it, but is there potential for it to be decided when it was placed on the spinner as Miike says (“before you even see the first champion in the reel”), and then it’s only awarded to you when it is tapped? So it’s decided when placed on, but if you quit out or crash then it’s not awarded, if it gets tapped then the champion decided at the start of the reel is awarded to you.

The questions is, is Miike correct here and the information is still accurate today?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★

What REALLY happens is this...

You open a crystal, and a menu board is activated, much like the ones are your favorite fast food restaurants where it randomly shows things you could get. It's just for display purposes and for your amusement only... It's very much the look at the shiny things...

In the background there's the fleet of Disney mice (Yes the same ones from the Disney Movie Cinderella), start running around getting ready to prep the meal. When you click the crystal Remy (Yes that Remy from Ratatouille ) gets handed an order ticket that has a pseudo random number on that was created by the Micky Mouse Wizard that lost control of his magic when Pluto ran into him chasing after Goofy.

This is why there's a pause after you click the crystal and when it actually opens, all that is happening on the back end, eventually Remy just grabs the first seemingly finished plate and throws it you, and what ever champion happens to be on that plate is what you get....

Featured crystals are just a request with extra sauce from the chef's menu....

That should be pinned at top of the forums. Thank you. Needed a laugh.

Dr. Zola
  • mik1147mik1147 Posts: 21
    Its just there to create the gambling feeling.
  • I was thinking about this a little more and maybe Kabam’s definition of spinner is slightly different than the players definition which is where the contention lies.

I’m just going off what Miike said here (though admittedly it is 4 and a half years old, or Miike could have been mistaken)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/26491#Comment_26491

I always thought that the champion was decided the second you tap it, but is there potential for it to be decided when it was placed on the spinner as Miike says (“before you even see the first champion in the reel”), and then it’s only awarded to you when it is tapped? So it’s decided when placed on, but if you quit out or crash then it’s not awarded, if it gets tapped then the champion decided at the start of the reel is awarded to you.

The questions is, is Miike correct here and the information is still accurate today?
    Thanks @BitterSteel , yes, that is one of numerous times Kabam and others have referenced it being determined upon first dragging the crystal onto the spinning reel (so just before spinning starts).

Maybe the timing of exactly when it shows in alliance pane is debatable, but many other conversations have been had showing it at least does appear in alliance pane prior to it actually coming to a stop for you (I thought they had been saying it was at time of starting to spin, but could be mistaken and they had instead been mentioning it going into alliance pane at time of Stop but before it actually does stop for you). Or maybe that timing of when it appears to alliance pane has changed over the years (??) because of concerns over force-close/etc.
  • OkizzeOkizze Posts: 45
    This is why I always pop crystals. Never spin. It’s just a waste of time and plays with your emotions.