**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the end coming?

KabamConvictKabamConvict Posts: 3
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I’m just wondering if this game is coming to an end or if Kabam has something up their sleeve? Please post your input on where you think this game is going!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Well considering they just announced that they’re doing a split beta test for the input issues in the March update, I very much doubt that they’re planning on canning the game before then.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

I’m praying it isn’t coming to an end this has by far been my favorite game on IOS just wondering what’s left a lot of big players have left over the last year or so even heard a YouTuber say thronebreaker was the last milestone so I just wanted to see other peoples insight on the future of this game they are removing Realm of Champions at the end of March 2022 so it will no longer be playable

Don’t worry, this game isn’t going anywhere. If people on the forums say so, don’t listen to them lol
  • KabamConvictKabamConvict Posts: 3
    Awesome thanks for your inputs on this everyone.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Thanks @DNA3000

Very informative
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    The game isn't gonna end anytime soon.

Call me naive but they said they nearly fixed the input system update. That could be sweet
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Shepard69 said:

MCOC is Kabams cashcow don't forget. It's just a shame they wasted so much time and resources on MROC that could have been better spent on MCOC but here we are.

I don’t fault them for trying. No game lasts forever, and I would expect them to continue to find ways to broaden their IP. It isn’t easy to make a successful game, and while there were many reasons why I thought MROC’s prospects were not high, you never know until you try.

The resources spent on MROC were not resources that could have been spent on MCOC. Remember Kabam is owned by Netmarble, and it is Netmarble that ultimately makes the revenue. It isn’t Kabam’s money to do what they wish with. Netmarble is spending what they want to spend on MCOC, and the money they decided to invest in developing MROC would not have gone to MCOC if MROC didn’t exist, it would have gone to another new title development in a different IP instead. It is ultimately better for us if Netmarble invests in widening the MCOC property than taking the money and spending it on a completely unrelated development. It says they think the MCOC property is still worth investing in growing.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,786 ★★★★★
    It's going to last until at least the end of 2022 because they did that narrative roadmap thing hinting at stuff coming out this year.

Barring a nuclear war, or us all getting irradiated by a GRB or a huge solar flare EMP-ing the planet of course, but if those happen, we've all got bigger fish to fry. Well, except the GRB, cuz then you're just dead.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Drop in profit does not mean loss. This game will not go down until it starts making losses which we haven't seen so far.
    A person scores 95/100 in a maths exam. Next year he scores 85/100 so will it make him fail the exam?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,985 ★★★★★
    Just wanted to drop in and say that @DNA3000’s legal analysis is spot-on. As an attorney who has had to dissuade clients from making claims like that, it’s not a thing any competent lawyer wants to be a part of, and there are potential professional repercussions for lawyers who take obviously bad cases.

I know this wasn’t the main takeaway of the post, I just saw my language being spoken and wanted to chime in.
  • edited January 2022
    Rest assured, we have no plans to shut the game down for the foreseeable future. If circumstances ever change and that becomes a possibility, we'll be sure to let everyone know in advance.
This discussion has been closed.