Why overseer triggers autoblock against special attacks?

DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
His description clearly states
"100%chance to autoblock basic attacks when struck twice"
He is already been a pain with encroaching stun, power alternator, and rich gets richer and stun immune now when I intercept special attack he autoblocks me and hits me with a LIGHT combo and iam dead
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,110 ★★★★★
    True
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, we've passed this along to the rest of the team to take a look into.
    The team's working on a fix for this. We're hoping to have it out by tomorrow, but will update everyone if that changes.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Member Posts: 517 ★★★
    Well that’s annoying. Did all 3 paragon objectives already…used a lot of revives on the mystic one
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    World-record turnaround on that!
    Lol then I’ll wait until the fix is here
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    Used s2099 and his l2 wasn't inflicting any additional withers after the first 1. Going to see if I can replicate it in other fights
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    It happened to me too
    Intercepted Overseer with sp before the end of encroaching stun just to be auto-block and counter attack 😑

• H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    H3t3r said:

Used s2099 and his l2 wasn't inflicting any additional withers after the first 1. Going to see if I can replicate it in other fights

Nvm guess it could have been the concussion but I swear I didn't have 1 on me on activation.
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
    H3t3r said:

Ability accuracy reduction on special attacks
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,223 ★★★★★
    Ok I thought I was crazy when I was trying to special intercept with Ghost and he kept auto blocking
  • PrinceOfAlexPrinceOfAlex Member Posts: 29
    True
    Same happened to me
    Did cost me 4 revives
  • MoShizzleMoShizzle Member Posts: 56
    Cost me about 8 revives
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    I would say its extremely important to fix before the Week 5-7 gauntlet in EOP.

As for this week, since so many people already did it, and used items, my suggestion would be to take your time (up until week 5) to fix it, and then send out a care package of a few revives and health potions to people (e.g. 2 L3 revives and 2 L5 HP per milestone achieved). No need to over complicate this... focus on doing it right, and making it a process for the next time (which we all sadly must acknowledge, there will be a next time).
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Member Posts: 474 ★★★
    this cost me several revives, I hope Kabam is looking at returning a few revives potions.

had I know this was a bug I would have waited.
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★★

The team's working on a fix for this. We're hoping to have it out by tomorrow, but will update everyone if that changes.

Does the update ready ?
  • TensioTensio Member Posts: 184
    Not only revives. Also Lot of health pots. Will we have a package compensation?
    The team pushed a fix for the issue but it may take a bit to fully propagate to everyone. I'd recommend restarting your app in the next 10-15 minutes if you have not done so already.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Thank you for the fix, Team.

Are the team thinking about some revive/healing resources as a gesture? for anyone who completed their runs before this bug was fixed?

The problem is Overseer's Retaliation damage:

The Retaliation damage Overseer inflicts for punishing the Opponent's Heavy/Special attacks scales with nodes and boosts; plus with his Gamma Power and Fury buffs.

That's why it's such a problem that he was bugged and Autoblocking Special Attacks - as well as blocking the Special itself, this gave him a free opening to hit you for Retaliation damage.

The highest EoP Overseer hit me with Retaliation for was just over 28,000 damage. And that's before the actual follow-up Combo damage of several thousand per hit.

That's pretty much an instant kill for the vast majority of champions under 6*r3; every time he autoblocked a Special Attack.
  • Pascals001Pascals001 Member, Guardian Posts: 126 Guardian

The team pushed a fix for the issue but it may take a bit to fully propagate to everyone. I'd recommend restarting your app in the next 10-15 minutes if you have not done so already.

So will there be compensation for the people who used revives to get through the fight.? Clearly not our fault for having a fight that was bugged? If I knew it was bugged I would have waited for the fix. If you guys knew it was bugged why allow the quest to open? If you didn't know either then the players need to be compensated.

So will there be compensation for the people who used revives to get through the fight.? Clearly not our fault for having a fight that was bugged? If I knew it was bugged I would have waited for the fix. If you guys knew it was bugged why allow the quest to open? If you didn't know either then the players need to be compensated.
    Completely agree. Another possibility if you want to keep the content active would be to have an extra pop up (kind of like the ones that remind you that when you go into AW/AQ, that your champs will be locked) alerting the player that a known bug exists, and to check before deciding whether or not to proceed.

That would let the player make an informed decision.
    Kabam: do you have "version control" on your fights... e.g. when updating a fight like the SOP, and realize oh ****, we need to tweak a node, or the enemy AI, or whatever... that you call it version 1.0 vs. 1.1 of the fight, and then in tracking completion, note which version number a player actually defeated?

This would go a long way into compensation calculation to determine effective player pools / get compensation out in a more timely manner, making for happier players, and less time spent by employees who could instead be working on new features, bug fixes, etc.
  • JtakalaJtakala Member Posts: 20
    I see they said it’s fixed but I don’t think so.
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
    Jtakala said:

It is fixed for me
    Not triggering autoblock on specials
    @Kabam Zibiit Would appreciate some response if anything is being done for the resources that players like me spent to get through the bugged fight?
    Jtakala said:

It’s fixed. He won’t autoblock your special attacks anymore

The team's monitoring how the issue impacted players and will make a decision based on what's found once the data is able to be analyzed.

Appreciate it. Thank you. :)