6* shard BG store costs remains stubbornly high - why?

2»

Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,800 ★★★★★

I actually wish that T2A and T5B were cheaper for PG.

This is part of the problem as well. The prices on those along with their T3 counterparts are way too high.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    The 6* shards and 6* sig stones shoulda come down in price. When a new rarity in this case the 7* emerges the surface, the previous rarity gets devalue and its just not the same. Same theory when a new phones comes out, the older phone gets depreciated in value.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Agreed. I'm really disappointed that Kabam chose to keep them at the same price.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 894 ★★★
    Every 48 hours (paragon) you can spend 45 energy and lose 3 matches and gain on over 1000 6* shards. You have to win 1 of the 3 at TB level. They're basically giving them away if they drop it too much further.

I'll call a turd a turd (and get warned for it), but this is a still fair price right now for 6* shards. Sig stone price drop would have been nice though 😉.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    I can see both sides of the argument:

1. New champ level (7*) so why keep the champ level below at its previous pricing in the store?
    2. The need to slow down the 7* progression chase as 6* came and went too quickly, so keep the 6* shards priced where they are so duping for 7* doesnt become easier.

I am leaning to #2 simply because I would rather rank up who I do have more easily to get their full potential, than get new champs, and I don't want to see 8* in the next 3 years.
    BigBlueOx said:

It’s gotta be tied to the disappointing price assigned to 7star shards. It’s already looking like smarter to buy 6star shards for dupes, if they lowered the price anymore it would only make it more obvious.

I just did the math.

150 7* shards for 1850 is 1500 7* shards for 18,500 tokens.
    1000 6* shards for 4500 is 12000 6* shards for 18,000 tokens. 12 6* dupes is 3300 7* shards.

Buying 6* shards is twice as efficient as buying 7* shards.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,408 Guardian

BigBlueOx said:

It’s gotta be tied to the disappointing price assigned to 7star shards. It’s already looking like smarter to buy 6star shards for dupes, if they lowered the price anymore it would only make it more obvious.

I just did the math.

1000 6* shards for 4500 is 12000 6* shards for 18,000 tokens. 12 6* dupes is 3300 7* shards.

What math are you using? 1000 6* shards is 450, 10k is 4500, and 4500*3=13500 not 12000. So for 13500 tokens, you can get 3 6*s. If they're all dupes, then you get 825 7* shards. For 12,950 tokens you can get 1050 7* shards from the store.

Keep in mind, it is only more efficient to dupe 6*s is if you open exclusively basics, every 6* is at least a dupe, and you get at least 1 max sig crystal that yields 7* shards. The people who have accounts where it will be more efficient to buy 6* shards are much more interested in the t6b, t3a, and t6cc selectors than getting more 7* shards.

The only time I'd even consider the 7* shards in the store is if I need 150 shards because all my 6* shards are already being saved for the next featured crystal.
    Pikolu said:

BigBlueOx said:

I just did the math.

What math are you using? 1000 6* shards is 450, 10k is 4500, and 4500*3=13500 not 12000. So for 13500 tokens, you can get 3 6*s. If they're all dupes, then you get 825 7* shards. For 12,950 tokens you can get 1050 7* shards from the store.

Keep in mind, it is only more efficient to dupe 6*s is if you open exclusively basics, every 6* is at least a dupe, and you get at least 1 max sig crystal that yields 7* shards. The people who have accounts where it will be more efficient to buy 6* shards are much more interested in the t6b, t3a, and t6cc selectors than getting more 7* shards.

The only time I'd even consider the 7* shards in the store is if I need 150 shards because all my 6* shards are already being saved for the next featured crystal.
    Yeah, I messed up the math. It's 4 6* crystals for 18k not 12. I got 3 crystals a week stuck in my head. 7* shards are slightly better, assuming no max sig crystals. poop.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

I actually wish that T2A and T5B were cheaper for PG.

Agreed
    I have bunch of champs to rank up but have started lacking these and gold
    I actually wish Kabam added Gold to the BG store
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

This happens every time we add a new Rarity. The point of a new rarity is to elongate the runway we have, not to make them immediately as available as the one before it. It happened with 5 stars, it happened with 6 Stars, and it'll happen with 8 Stars and so on and so forth.

Everybody is welcome to an opinion of their own on these topics, but let's try and stay away from the "My opinion is the right one" rhetoric. We don't act on feedback or feeling alone, but pair it with 9+ years worth of Data and always have to keep the next year or two or 5 or 10 in mind.

Incoming 8* and new progression title for 2030 confirmed :*
    I'm here for this comment. Hahaha.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Member Posts: 564 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I think integrity and accountability are important. But please don't try to hold us accountable for things we didn't actually say.

Hi, I'm holding you guys accountable for things you said like "mastery 2.0" or "mastery loadout", "2022". I hope these words sound familiar

• ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,628 ★★★★★

This happens every time we add a new Rarity. The point of a new rarity is to elongate the runway we have, not to make them immediately as available as the one before it. It happened with 5 stars, it happened with 6 Stars, and it'll happen with 8 Stars and so on and so forth.

Everybody is welcome to an opinion of their own on these topics, but let's try and stay away from the "My opinion is the right one" rhetoric. We don't act on feedback or feeling alone, but pair it with 9+ years worth of Data and always have to keep the next year or two or 5 or 10 in mind.

So....8* confirmed? 🤣. As long as they aren't cotton candy colored we goodm