Wow, I actually miss Act 6-like content

ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★
Nothing should be how it was when it first came out, but the IDEA of act 6 is what I miss… content where you truly had to plan your whole team to take the path and boss. We have so many great champs now with so much unique utility and I’d love to be able to really utilize them. EOP objectives was the last thing to really capture that.

Comments

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★
    I would say I miss act 4 more. Back in the day some lanes took 2 or more energy refills to complete, had loads of fights and the maps were had some real thought to them. Compared to what we have now, OG act 4 was a grind, but I miss it.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I’d be interested to see more niche content. I love using warlock for example, but man, it’d be great if there was content where the champs who aren’t ‘the usuals’ get to shine instead of just using the same counters that end up never leaving the roster. I’d also be interested to see a possible potion limit, but obviously a beta test would be nice if they made such a implementation, just to see how good or horrible that’d go
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★

The problem is when it takes 10 minutes to decide a team due to each champion having 10 different nodes, the drive to actually complete the content quickly evaporates. I've explored all of Act 7 and what's been released of Act 8 and I'll never complete more than a path of Act 6. There's very little enjoyment slowly tapping through each individual fight to make sure there's not some BS node that will erase 20 minutes of progress

I actually like that part lol. Going node for node to decide my team. The strategy of the game is one of the main things that drew me to it. It’s like solving a puzzle. Just needs to actually be doable… no “gotcha” node combinations like having stun immunity, lifecycle, power drain, protection, and unstoppable all in 1 fight lol.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★
    Gauntlet is quite like act 6. And some of Carina's.

Although the challenge with making content difficult now, is you'd need to ban kitty, herc, Aegon, Kate and doom, as otherwise, that's what most people will reach for first.

Because you can make challenging content, but most people will still just want to "herc it" if that's faster/easier.

Carina's is probably the future for this.

Gauntlet is quite like act 6. And some of Carina's.

Although the challenge with making content difficult now, is you'd need to ban kitty, herc, Aegon, Kate and doom, as otherwise, that's what most people will reach for first.

Because you can make challenging content, but most people will still just want to "herc it" if that's faster/easier.

Carina's is probably the future for this.

They’d have to bring back the gates, which I’m not mad at…
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,923 ★★★★
    True. While act 6 was definitely hard and rage-inducing at times, now the quests have become repetitive and predictable, without giving players an actual challenge.
  • KatanaCatKatanaCat Member Posts: 10
    Play a team of Groots instead of Hercules.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★
    I know things like this come in cycles, but be careful what yall wish for. Because the same people that originally complained act 6 was too hard now complain that they miss it. Can't have it both ways.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    People who are complaining about quests being too easy are the ones who are using Herc for everything. You don’t have to bring Herc to every quest and every quest doesn’t really allow you to. Each path varies and encourages you to do something other than bring status quo champs. I’ve ranked a lot of champs up that I never thought I would to help progress through quests. I honestly really like the idea of the different weapons; having to disarm and you can even steal them and do some really fun stuff. Act 8 has probably been the most enjoyable content for me personally. If you want difficult, that’s what special quests are for. Story quests are meant for most people to be able to progress through otherwise there’s not a whole lot of content to do.
    Making it harder is missing the point… it’s about the variance and variety within the content. Paths with all the same node gets repetitive/boring.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    Last year I would've disagreed, but I feel you here. I've been going back to Act 6 occasionally to work on exploration, and I'm loving it.

The change to 3 paths per quest is disappointing to say the least. It was already easy to blow through the content in a week or so, and now it's going to be twice as fast because it's so much shorter. Act 6 was long, but at least you couldn't explore the whole thing in a week.
    Definitely agree there… I’m good with 3-4 paths, but put like 10-12 fights on each
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,696 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed act6 back then now i just started playing a bit and I so rusty but i just can’t commit. So long time to the game it already pretty hard relice root and so one and then champion abilities is like a book now so act6 champions wil be easier now then back then.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

Making it harder is missing the point… it’s about the variance and variety within the content. Paths with all the same node gets repetitive/boring.

We must be playing two different games because there’s a ton of variety in the paths. Unless you just mean having a different node combination per fight. But if you want to do that AND have 10-12 fights per path, you’re eventually gonna get roadblocked by something. With only 5 champs you can only counter so much.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

ShoNuff29 said:

We must be playing two different games because there’s a ton of variety in the paths. Unless you just mean having a different node combination per fight. But if you want to do that AND have 10-12 fights per path, you’re eventually gonna get roadblocked by something. With only 5 champs you can only counter so much.
    In act 6, paths weren't just the same node for each path. Act 7, 8 and MEQs have changed to be the same node for each fight on the paths. This can lead to the quest feeling boring. Act 6 needed more thought put into your teams.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Act6 was the best content.
    Except for that one fight.
    Only few are there who remembers that agonizing pain
    Acidwash🔮
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Member Posts: 684 ★★★

True. While act 6 was definitely hard and rage-inducing at times, now the quests have become repetitive and predictable, without giving players an actual challenge.

As a very casual player, I like me some repetitive and predictable please 🤲🏾
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Act 5 was the best in my opinion, minus the collector BS. That was the step up in content where nodes got more challenging and the paths were still longer. I like the idea of making paths with 10 fights and making you use a variety of champs on that path. Using only 1 or 2 champs to clear a whole path gets a little old.