Deathless Piece in BG is a joke

13»

Comments

• iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★

o_o said:

Name does not check out

In my experience, I find that people who call themselves "Apex Predators" are in fact the absolute opposite.
    Did you also watch Wonder Woman 1984 and laugh at that line?
    That was a "so bad it's good" moment in a movie that was mostly "so bad it's bad."

Even I thought that movie was "Meh!", and I liked Dark Phoenix. Lol.

o_o said:

Name does not check out

In my experience, I find that people who call themselves "Apex Predators" are in fact the absolute opposite.
    That was a "so bad it's good" moment in a movie that was mostly "so bad it's bad."

That's SUCH a low bar but I 100% agree with you.

Dark Phoenix has many problems, but it genuinely has some of the best action sequences of any X-Men movie (that fight on the train? Incredible. The Astronaut resuce was awesome too.)

And Tye Sheridan in those waffle shirts. That's all.

I am a Dark Phoenix apologist. I love Jessica Chastain, and she can do no wrong!
    Also Michael fassbander helped carry that movie, i think Dark Phoenix was his best magneto performance
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★

You are going to HATE the other objectives you'll have to do to get the other 3 and then again to get Deathless Thanos.

This is not meant to be easy; this is not meant for everybody to be able to do it. There's no reason you should assume that just because you want to get this Champion, you'll be able to. This is a year-long, challenge event for players to strive towards.

Many will try, most will fail, and that's the intention.

I love this response TBH.

I say this next comment with complete understanding that I may not be able to complete all the tasks: This is exactly what we, the community, have been asking for. Skill oriented rewards.

If people are complaining about the item being locked behind a BG milestone, sorry but: that doesn't bode well for you. This wasn't "Obtain/finish in Celestial" it was: "Reach the gladiator circuit" which is a fairly reasonable goal, because it's what you should be striving for anyway.

I may, but very possibly will not, obtain the 7* deathless items. If they're all locked behind content I can theoretically obtain/reach, then I have no reason to complain. If the content is unobtainable for me, yeah, that sucks. But it just means I'll have to push for it the next time it becomes available or spend units if it's something I really want.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,304 ★★★★

o_o said:

Name does not check out

o_o said:

Name does not check out

That's SUCH a low bar but I 100% agree with you.

Dark Phoenix has many problems, but it genuinely has some of the best action sequences of any X-Men movie (that fight on the train? Incredible. The Astronaut resuce was awesome too.)

And Tye Sheridan in those waffle shirts. That's all.

I am a Dark Phoenix apologist. I love Jessica Chastain, and she can do no wrong!
    Also Michael fassbander helped carry that movie, i think Dark Phoenix was his best magneto performance
    Certainly a leg up from whatever it was they were having him do in Apocalypse.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    Apex_Pred said:

Putting a trophy champion piece in a game mode that is rife with hackers and whales is ridiculous. To get the piece you need luck to avoid modders or whales with 10+ 7* champs , it’s becoming increasingly annoying especially as now there’s a good chance people will miss out on a piece and then have to spend units for the missing piece later on in the game. Could of been a loyalty or glory cost to increase alliance engagements or even a token price like the 6* so you aren’t relying on making GC

You know, you would think that during seasons where there are bonus rewards for milestones, there would be a lot more modders and cheaters in BG, but I actually haven't seen many ultra-sus matches this season, and I'm not a particularly lucky person. In fact I managed to climb into GC faster this season than any previous season (just over two weeks in).

Meanwhile, for every mega whale and super strong player I encountered (why, oh why did I have to run into BMcG with four trophies) there were lots of players I ran into with, shall we say less than solid knowledge of how the game mode worked:

If you could get into GC last season, or any season really, I don't see a problem with this season. I would say the vast majority of players who deserves that piece is going to get it, if they've been around long enough to have a competitive strength account.

In fact, the problem this season has been the opposite. So many players flooding into the mode to get the milestone rewards, that stronger players are beating them and getting into GC so early they are having trouble farming the milestone points in GC.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 ★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

This should be it i think

do we know if the deathless champs are going to be whole reworks of the champs? Or like just tweak the champs to make them better cuz if its the latter, then they can do like Hyperion with no rng, and prenerf SW.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Member Posts: 633 ★★★
    i don't even play battlegrounds anymore no matter the rewards.I was 40+ fights lost in a row and I was still getting ridiculous matchups. Anyways unless this is ever fixed i just won't bother with Kabam's joke of a game mode.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 ★★★★
    Starhawk said:

i don't even play battlegrounds anymore no matter the rewards.I was 40+ fights lost in a row and I was still getting ridiculous matchups. Anyways unless this is ever fixed i just won't bother with Kabam's joke of a game mode.

git gud🤷‍♂️
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★

You are going to HATE the other objectives you'll have to do to get the other 3 and then again to get Deathless Thanos.

This is not meant to be easy; this is not meant for everybody to be able to do it. There's no reason you should assume that just because you want to get this Champion, you'll be able to. This is a year-long, challenge event for players to strive towards.

A lot of people already guessed it, but I think this is the first confirmation that the final champ will be Thanos! Cool!

And eventhough the chances are low that I'll be able to get every champ, I think this is an incredibly cool event and I can't wait to work through it all!
    ... Did we not mention that before? Did I just ruin the surprise myself?
    it was mentioned during the Summoner Summit but I don't think the info of it got spread much
    Curious if this was mentioned at the summit to CCP members only or to the general population. It's odd this kind of info goes unnoticed especially when Kabam said the final champ will be meta relevant, not just a trophy champ. And if its thanos, I would have expected more hype.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,144 ★★★★★
    Apex_Pred said:

Putting a trophy champion piece in a game mode that is rife with hackers and whales is ridiculous. To get the piece you need luck to avoid modders or whales with 10+ 7* champs , it’s becoming increasingly annoying especially as now there’s a good chance people will miss out on a piece and then have to spend units for the missing piece later on in the game. Could of been a loyalty or glory cost to increase alliance engagements or even a token price like the 6* so you aren’t relying on making GC

Or you can hoard victory shields by buying them from tokens weekly and use them for times like these? Where you MUST reach GC for specific rewards?
  • 0_Alph40_Alph4 Member Posts: 105
    "wah I'm mad that a trophy champ that's usually locked behind endgame content that I can throw units at is now locked away behind a competitive mode that I actually have to be good in😡"

-get gud
    -get better champs
  • Abspain101Abspain101 Member Posts: 181 ★★
    edited November 2023
    Ashacekar said:

o_o said:

Name does not check out

Mah gawd in Jr voice its Orton he is back and he just rkoed Usagicassidy out of nowhere
  • LioLennLioLenn Member Posts: 18
    This one is by far the most easiest one. Just enjoy the game at your own rithm. It is not that you can't play the game without this champ. Also all credits to Jax, Mike and all other staff @kabam.
    If you follow the livestreams you can only conclude that this are hardworking, fun and lovely people.

• ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 150

Thanos?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,929 ★★★★★
    LioLenn said:

This one is by far the most easiest one. Just enjoy the game at your own rithm. It is not that you can't play the game without this champ. Also all credits to Jax, Mike and all other staff @kabam.
    If you follow the livestreams you can only conclude that this are hardworking, fun and lovely people.

100%. Especially Jon, he needs to be Jax’s permanent co-host.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,003 ★★★★

Ashacekar said:

do we know if the deathless champs are going to be whole reworks of the champs? Or like just tweak the champs to make them better cuz if its the latter, then they can do like Hyperion with no rng, and prenerf SW.
    Deathless champ perks aren't advertised yet. Keep looking for Mike Comments, he might say it in a random post.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★

Ashacekar said:

When they was talking about deathless before guilly was announced they said they be different from counterpart so something will change something will stay same but they will be different
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,003 ★★★★

I will take the smart way, will collect the 6*s with all the pieces from store. I need dark mode champs to improve my eyesight. Though it gives a pain in my heart to spend loyalty and artifacts for the pieces preventing me to get the respective 7* crystals.
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 336 ★★
    MiniMF said:

lol most of whales are in GC already, same thing for modders, this seems more of a skill issue

They are in GC? This one was even using victory shields at just 1 trophy. His champs literally had the same PI as my boosted stat defenders...
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,296 ★★★★★

MiniMF said:

lol most of whales are in GC already, same thing for modders, this seems more of a skill issue

They are in GC? This one was even using victory shields at just 1 trophy. His champs literally had the same PI as my boosted stat defenders...
    If you think that guy classifies as a whale then buddy i have some bad news for you