Amazon gaming bundle is live

DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

You need an Amazon Prime gaming account (comes with Amazon Prime) and you need your game account to be at least level 2 (according to the landing page).

https://gaming.amazon.com/gp/marvel-contest-of-champions

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,249 Guardian
    edited November 2023
    Was there an in-game Mail Message about it being live ?
    (They said it would be announced in game message when it would go live.)

Or does the game know whether or not you actually have Amazon Prime Gaming active, and only send out the Message to those people ? (which I can see maybe them knowing if you have GooglePlay or Apple GameCenter, because of their Points usage, but didn’t think they would know in advance about any Amazon Prime Gaming)
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★

Was there an in-game Mail Message about it being live ?
    (They said it would be announced in game message when it would go live.)

Or does the game know whether or not you actually have Amazon Prime Gaming active, and only send out the Message to those people ? (which I can see maybe them knowing if you have GooglePlay or Apple GameCenter, because of their Points usage, but didn’t think they would know in advance about any Amazon Prime Gaming)

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,249 Guardian
    Thx @Crine60 , so Message (pop-up, then in Mailbox as well) just a little behind.

guess that's better than sending the message and having the Prime Gaming itself be a little behind before being live.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Thanks for the reminder... Got the offer and opened the cav crystal to get a 5* selector... Was good for some much needed ISO! :)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Thx @Crine60 , so Message (pop-up, then in Mailbox as well) just a little behind.

guess that's better than sending the message and having the Prime Gaming itself be a little behind before being live.

Absolutely. I just happened to find out about it before the official announcements could propagate to the game clients, and I tested it before posting about it.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    It's kind of confusing because it says you have to scan a QR code but I didn't have an option/requirement to do that at all. I went to the Prime Gaming page and found the MCOC redemption. I claimed the package and then there was a redeem in game button which launched the game and popped up a screen saying I got the items.

When I checked my champ screen I hadn't gotten Kushala and even after restarting and opening different in-game screens a few times I still didn't have her. I went back to the Prime Gaming page and went to my claimed items and clicked the redeem button again and this time when it launched the game it popped the screen up showing the items again and when I clicked the claim button there it finally gave them to me.
  • DaemonflameDaemonflame Member Posts: 13
    Rewards are 🤮
  • BluChBluCh Member Posts: 54
    the redeem in game button sends me to the app store even tho the game is installed.. still trying to figure out how to claim these
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★
    This is what they got rid of marvel insider for? Marvel insider had triple the rewards and unique 2 star champs. This is so wack
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    I claimed it but it's not appearing in the game.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 954 ★★★
    The cost of Amazon Prime is $139 after the 30 day trial.
    The cost of Marvel Insider was $0, before the partnership was terminated.
    Just to get a 3*.
    I don't buy a lot on Amazon, but to others that do and have Amazon Prime, kudos
  • BuffalaxBuffalax Member Posts: 123
    When I hit the button to redeem, it redirects me to the iOS App Store instead of opening the game. I hit open and no rewards when it finally loads the game. Tried it through Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.
  • TeddersTedders Member Posts: 139 ★★
    So its doesn't work using my android phone but did work using my ipad
  • AndiKnightAndiKnight Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, I cannot claim it either. The QR code launches the Google PlayStore instead of the game
  • BluChBluCh Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2023
    after the redeem in game button opened the Apple app store for me, scanning the QR code from a screen opened the game itself and I received the rewards
  • Half_CrazyHalf_Crazy Member Posts: 21
    So since the Amazon Prime Acct is under my wife’s email does that mean I won’t be able to redeem the rewards ..?
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    On my iPhone no QR code at all it just had a redeem in game button I hit it and a screen popped up in game to claim.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    I tried it on both my tablet and my phone (both Android) and all it did was take me to the Google Play Store to launch the game and when I did, I didn't get anything and I even checked my Champions tab just to make sure. I don't know if maybe there is a wait period before it becomes available.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

So since the Amazon Prime Acct is under my wife’s email does that mean I won’t be able to redeem the rewards ..?

Seems that way. I'm in the same boat and tried using our prime for it but because it's her email and not mine, I didn't receive anything.
    I've linked this thread to the devs in charge, if anyone has specific circumstances where it hasn't worked or was wonky, post here and I will try to get the devs to look at it. Since this is pretty new, there's bound to be integration issues between Amazon and MCOC. Hopefully the devs will be able to iron those out over time.
  • buffajrbuffajr Member Posts: 423 ★★
    Mine didn’t come through after attempting to hit claim in-game. Kind of a bummer.
  • arekttarektt Member Posts: 4
    I havent received items in the game even the page says it's claimed.
  • StevenSaneStevenSane Member Posts: 46
    Did not work for me either. Does the Amazon account email have to be the same as Kabam Email attached to account?
  • StevenSaneStevenSane Member Posts: 46
    Sorry, UPDATE.

iOS users cannot use the Amazon app or any browser besides Safari. Open Safari log into Amazon then claim it!
  • SandPounderSandPounder Member Posts: 356 ★★★

Sorry, UPDATE.

iOS users cannot use the Amazon app or any browser besides Safari. Open Safari log into Amazon then claim it!

This!

I was able to get to the site on safari by clicking on the link on the MCOC News page:

https://gaming.amazon.com/gp/marvel-contest-of-champions
  • StarhawkStarhawk Member Posts: 631 ★★★
    same issue...i click claim and it opens the google play app instead of the game even though it's obviously installed.
    my default browser is samsung internet. i fixed the issue by changing my default web browser to chrome which i'm not a fan of but it does work now....after changing the default browser clicking the redeem link goes to the app directly.

On Android you can change your default browser in settings->apps->default
    Starhawk said:

same issue...i click claim and it opens the google play app instead of the game even though it's obviously installed.
    my default browser is samsung internet. i fixed the issue by changing my default web browser to chrome which i'm not a fan of but it does work now....after changing the default browser clicking the redeem link goes to the app directly.

On Android you can change your default browser in settings->apps->default

I believe the links and QR code jump to a landing page that has a redirect using special URIs. So you need to use a browser that honors those kinds of URIs, and some might not by default. Try to use Safari on iOS or Chrome on Android where possible, or if they don't work try using one of the more popular browser alternatives. Many of the smaller audience browsers explicitly don't support these kinds of things deliberately as a security or other intentional feature, but may make the redirection magic that Amazon uses to properly award the bundle not work.
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,267 ★★★
    I don't need 3* kushala , cavalier crystal, energy... poor rewards