Alliance not matched for last war

Comments

• EgriffisEgriffis Member Posts: 18
    Arsenal33 said:

I don’t know about anyone else. I’m not looking for crazy compensation. I just want the rewards that I would have received. The fact that not participating dropped us to 18 we could consider that the maximum amount we could have dropped if we got 0% of the map done but by joining we would get diversity points. Having said that our alliance would have 100% the map so I would be willing to bet that a loss would have still had us in p3.

Same here. I just want what we worked for the last 4 seasons to earn.
  • DanshimaSanDanshimaSan Member Posts: 1
    Good job, Kabam. Threw our season in the trash.
    ٩( 'ω' )و
  • TiagoATiagoA Member Posts: 8
    Egriffis said:

Same here. I just want what we worked for the last 4 seasons to earn.

Same for us as well. Our alliance has no interest in "compensation", we only want what we would have earned if not for this bug.
  • Arsenal33Arsenal33 Member Posts: 103
    I curious about how many alliances this impacted. So far it looks like only 4. Which if that is the case, I can’t imagine it would (or should) be a high priority. It suck for us but they need to get all of the other stuff in December on track.
  • Ldmc19Ldmc19 Member Posts: 1
    My alliance was also affected by this. We were at platinum 3 and we have dropped to platinum 4 for not being able to participate in the last war. They have to correct this, it's not our fault. @Kabam Miike
    It’s rather insulting that Kabam is choosing to ignore this obvious issue. I did see that there was a 2 spot shift which got one of the alliances in this thread back to p3 are the others that were impacted not going to be afforded the same? We have done everything right and have put a lot into this game. This thread has surely been seen by the multiple admins that were tagged, yet we aren’t even given an official response from Kabam. Suppose if it were Master alliances with content creators it would have been addressed already….
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,354 Guardian
    TiagoA said:

One of my alliance mates have just received this answer from a ticket:

"If your Alliance was enlisted for this war but did not receive an opponent, what likely happened was that your Alliance received a bye. This is a rare occurrence and will only happen when there are no suitable opponents available for your Alliance. For any other Wars in the near future, your Alliance should be priortized for matchmaking and shold not receive any other byes soon."

If this was the reason, we still don't know if the "bye" will affect our position on the leaderboard.

That obviously would NOT be the case here, for Plat alliances.

Matchmaking is done from Top Down, and for each of the “# of BG” war types (3 BG war, 2 BG war, 1 BG war), I believe what they have said before is that *AT MOST, ONLY ONE” alliance may get a “BYE” in each of those 1/2/3 cases.
    And that it would be at the very BOTTOMMOST range of War Ratings (ie, newer alliances).

Sounds like that (if there were 4 alliances, or some other “even” number, with pairs of them being in the WR range of who might realistically get matched together) those alliances *DID INDEED* get matched against one of those other affected alliances.
    And that for some reason, their matchup ended up being cancelled (as seen by both teams).

Wonder if when Kabam bans (or maybe removes) game accounts, maybe some alliance has enough of those now-banned accounts, and it maybe takes them below the cutoff # of members that allows you to participate in 3 BG wars ?????
    So maybe not your alliances here (those that have commented here), but maybe the matchmake'd opponent had that happen to them, causing your war with them to be cancelled ???
    (**speculation)
    (or more likely, some bad glitch that cancelled that war, after they had been matched against each other)
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Member Posts: 108
    This is the second time I post this; first time had to be edited and then went down an approval process that did not come back. Copying from original text I fortunately saved in a TXT file:

Same thing happened in our Alliance. In the last playable war, we were #1-P4, and then ended up #182-P3. Now since the game did not match us for the last war of the season, we were updated to #25-P4.

It sucks that we were making a great effort to go up, and when it's within reach we fall because of a buggy matching system. Something that needs to be researched, as this might expose other bugs in the matching system.

On the solutions front, the ideal scenario would be that this last war should be cancelled out, so points don't affect everyone. Realistically, this would trigger massive compensation issues. So, an intermediate "fix" should be to give the impacted alliances, the prizes based on what we should have been at if the last war was cancelled and based on the last placement. Just my grain of salt.

@Kabam Miike FYI on this matter, hopefully it's just "us" and this can be cherry picked for an empathic solution that does not impact the prizing system for this run but give your team takeaways to observe of the matching system has some bugs to pull out.

Adding images for reference:

• SperaSpera Member Posts: 152
    Same thing happened to my alliance [•PH•]
    The guys send tickets to kabaam & got a reply saying it shows we are enlisted & nothing is wrong etc..
    and maybe we canceled matchmaking and what not , we didn’t cancel obviously & we dropped out of a bracket ( platinum 3 ) due to missing the last war .
  • Jigen09Jigen09 Member Posts: 4

We are also affected of this issue. From p3 now become p4 top3 wtf kabam. We are auto enlist to make sure we are not going to forgot our war and to avoid this kind to happen. And your agents just answer me about my phone. Copy paste their script and send a feedback. The hell are they really your employee. Doenst have any idea to whats going on. Just answering a copy paste script
  • Jigen09Jigen09 Member Posts: 4
    We ensure that we are listed for next war and we got a screenshot that we are waiting for next war. Then somebody answer the email "that upon further investigation your alliance is unlisted". Wtf how come the screenshot is waiting for the war. Meaning we are enlisted.

Thanks for this guys. We thought we are only the one affected and its very hard to discuss and argue with them if only our alliance is affected.
    edited December 2023
    Egriffis said:

It’s rather insulting that Kabam is choosing to ignore this obvious issue. I did see that there was a 2 spot shift which got one of the alliances in this thread back to p3 are the others that were impacted not going to be afforded the same? We have done everything right and have put a lot into this game. This thread has surely been seen by the multiple admins that were tagged, yet we aren’t even given an official response from Kabam. Suppose if it were Master alliances with content creators it would have been addressed already….

Still, we have alliance mates who joined us after the second half of the season and needed to participate in the last war to be eligible for season rewards. They did their roles to help us guarantee our spot on the P3 bracket and very much deserve their rewards. So, even though we got to the tier we should, there are still issues with regards to the missing war.
  • _Supra954_Supra954 Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2023
    With little to no response maybe this thread should be taken to other platforms to spread the word as stated above if this was happening in the top 10 alliances and spread across all streaming platforms there would have been a lot of conversation from kabam team members and would at least be on the radar for a solution to the problem with a guarantee that the correct rewards would be given to the players/alliances that have been exploited by this glitch or bug @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • JohnRayMD_17JohnRayMD_17 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

Dear Kabam Team,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification regarding the outcome of the recent alliance war ranking. Upon reviewing earlier today, I noticed a discrepancy that I believe requires further examination.

Our alliance believe there might be an error in the ranking. I have attached supporting documents, such as the screenshot of the outcome of our alliance war from the 10th to the 12th (last) alliance war to assist in your review.

To give you an idea of the issue, we won the 10th alliance war and we ranked Platinum 4 Rank 500. Unfortunately, we were unsuccesful on the 11th alliance war and we ranked Gold 1 Rank 12. Lastly, on the 12th alliance war, we won by a mile!!! Earlier today the ranking was Platinum 4 Rank 495. But at present, it was now down to Gold 1 Rank 308. It’s as if we lost the last fight. I know that the calculation is ongoing. But basing on experience, the one flashed in the Alliance War interface usually is final. As a leader, I would like to clarify this issue so that I can relay it on my team.

I understand the importance of maintaining accuracy in this assessment and I am confident that a thorough examination will address any discrepancies. Your prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

John Ray (aka Butsuma Senju)
    PHOFC Alliance Leader
    edited December 2023
    @JohnRayMD_17 You may want to start a separate thread your issue is not the same as the ones being mentioned in this thread. Feel for ya, but we are talking about an actual glitch in matchmaking that didn’t allow our alliances to participate in the final war.

Dear Kabam Team,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification regarding the outcome of the recent alliance war ranking. Upon reviewing earlier today, I noticed a discrepancy that I believe requires further examination.

Our alliance believe there might be an error in the ranking. I have attached supporting documents, such as the screenshot of the outcome of our alliance war from the 10th to the 12th (last) alliance war to assist in your review.

To give you an idea of the issue, we won the 10th alliance war and we ranked Platinum 4 Rank 500. Unfortunately, we were unsuccesful on the 11th alliance war and we ranked Gold 1 Rank 12. Lastly, on the 12th alliance war, we won by a mile!!! Earlier today the ranking was Platinum 4 Rank 495. But at present, it was now down to Gold 1 Rank 308. It’s as if we lost the last fight. I know that the calculation is ongoing. But basing on experience, the one flashed in the Alliance War interface usually is final. As a leader, I would like to clarify this issue so that I can relay it on my team.

I understand the importance of maintaining accuracy in this assessment and I am confident that a thorough examination will address any discrepancies. Your prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

John Ray (aka Butsuma Senju)
    PHOFC Alliance Leader

@JohnRay | SenjuジOFC While ur question and alliance concern is valid this thread is for alliances that were auto enlisted for last war and matchmaking failed on kabams end resulting in said alliances not getting a match and therefore they did not get the last war of the season at all causing significant drops to ranking due to not receiving any points towards season from final war
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    My gold 2 alliance ended up matching with a bronze alliance. I think the match making was being buggy
  • JohnRayMD_17JohnRayMD_17 Member Posts: 2
    @Egriffis @_Supra954
    I posted here in this thread because our alliance believe that the root-cause of our issue is the AW unmatching issue. It’s a domino effect. Those allies who were not matched at Platinum 3, now at the upper bracket of Platinum 4. Whereas, we at the lower bracket of Platinum 4 (Rank 495) was demoted to Gold 1.

@Egriffis @_Supra954
    I posted here in this thread because our alliance believe that the root-cause of our issue is the AW unmatching issue. It’s a domino effect. Those allies who were not matched at Platinum 3, now at the upper bracket of Platinum 4. Whereas, we at the lower bracket of Platinum 4 (Rank 495) was demoted to Gold 1.

Fair enough

@Egriffis @_Supra954

The number of alliances above you should have continued the same. We were surpassed by the alliances that got to compete on the last war and dropped to their placements. There should be no correlation between our problem and yours by my point of view, as we only replaced each other on the board.
  • KapKamot3KapKamot3 Member Posts: 25
    Confirming the issue from ally (tag) [•PH•]
    Did not find a match and missed our last war. We were on auto-enlist. Huge drop from P3 down to P4.
    Guessing that with rewards dropping and absolutely NOTHING from the team at Kabam that they are choosing to ignore this issue knowing most will just go back to playing. Great player experience.
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    edited December 2023
    Hey everyone, apologies for the late reply.

This is a unique issue we found while looking into this situation and we need to look into it more. We will continue to investigate the situation and will fill you in as soon as we have a resolution and a fix for the issue.

I know this isn’t much information, but I wanted to assure you that we are aware of the problem and are investigating.
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Arsenal33Arsenal33 Member Posts: 103
    Thanks @Kabam Miike i appreciate you looking into it

Hey everyone, apologies for the late reply.

This is a unique issue we found while looking into this situation and we need to look into it more. We will continue to investigate the situation and will you in as soon as we have a resolution and a fix for the issue.

I know this isn’t much information, but I wanted to assure you that we are aware of the problem and are investigating.

Also would like to add that I missed out on season rewards because the last war would have been my 5th war with this alliance lol so guess I’ll submit a ticket @Kabam Miike just wanted to give a heads up that it’ll be coming I do appreciate the response delayed is better than no response at all

@Egriffis @_Supra954

That's faulty logic.

If some teams got dropped from P3 to P4, then there would be an equal # of teams who would have benefitted by being artificially moved up above them and going from P4 to P3 (no more, no less, at least not due to the “failed to match” error which this thread is about).

While according to math (and I’m sure DNA3000 would agree), if you were in P4, and those affected alliances that dropped from P3 to P4 did not drop far enough to have moved below you, there is absolutely no affect in your alliance.
    Your going from P4 to G1 would NOT have been because of some affected teams here dropping from P3 to P4.
    **because there would have been an equal # of teams artificially bumped up from P4 to P3, thus the SAME number of P4 teams above your own.
  • SperaSpera Member Posts: 152
    Any update on what’s going on @Kabam Miike ?
    (Follow up for @JohnRayMD_17 , although looks like you don’t frequent the forums enough to come back and see this)

Your wall of pics actually shows that you might have been DOCKED POINTS after the season finished.
    Follow your running season total points in each pic, and see that your points after final war then went down some time later on afterwards, so looks like someone was caught cheating and alliance suffered docked points of roughly one war's worth.

And aside from that, depending how soon you take a snapshot of your current Ranking after the war ends, that often times shows an INFLATED Ranking because while your Ally's points are included in what you see for your own Ally Ranking, other Ally's points are not all tallied into what you can see for Ranking right away.
    So often times initially it shows higher Ranking, then some # of hours later you will see your Ranking drop (as the entirety of all other alliances lates points are fully calculated into what everyone ultimately sees for ranking after each war.
    So that may come into play with what you see too, but the main reason is a DROP in POINTS after last war (points were docked).
    Hi @Kabam Miike looking to see if the team is still looking into this and if there is an update for the alliances that were impacted. Thanks!