**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What did we miss during 19.0 overheating issues?

To begin with Kabam mike is right, compensation isn’t about getting free stuff. It’s about getting what we could have missed. Which means AGs and RDTS are definitely off the list for compensation as Kabam mike has already said.

Now to the main point. Competitive content is what really got affected. All the other wishy washy event quests didn’t require long hours of playing and grind so I propose we get compensated for the following parts of the game we were affected in:

1. 4* and 5* arena milestones and shards
2. AW war rating and rewards
3. AQ map rewards

As for the actually compensation, who am I to say what we should actually get. What does the community think?

Comments

• Harbinger195Harbinger195 Posts: 113
    Depends on how you look at it, some people could argue that they missed out on a 5* champion since they could not grind arena. Others could equally say there phones were damaged beyond repair. I think that in total there is no real way to compensate the community but the main principle is the Kabam have yet again let the community down.

As such it's that which they need to address, while I agree that rank down tickets should not be given - I personally don't see the big deal about them - I actually think the easiest way for Kabam to rebuild the bridge that they have burnt with this issue is to issue each player a 5* awakening gem.

This is not something that is going to break the game but it would rekindle the drive that many players have had dissapear. Plus it's an act of good faith it says "we know you guys had a terrible time but here is something we hope will make up for it".
  • The rank down tickets I believe are off the table. I do think awakening gems should be talked about though. A lot of people missed awakening champions. Arena and harder content is where we awaken champions. On that note I do not have access to the game data. I am sure that they will base compensation on the game data. I had to replace the battery in my iPhone because it had fried. During that time I played very little. The IPhone problems will not show up in game data. They can see if people really stopped playing things like arena and such. That’s where the data will come into the compensation. Plus everyone needs to understand that if they drop major compensation to iPhone users the android users are going to cause an uproar. I’m not sure how the androids played the game but I’m sure that android players make up a large part of the players base. It’s a balancing act.
  • Absolutely! I’m sure a lot of people missed out on that. The data will show that I think. If 100 people finished it one month and now they are showing 25 people finished that will come up during compensation discussions. I feel the problem comes when compensation post show up 20x a day. It gets the community hyped up. These thoughts of game changing compensation take over and then we get disappointed. Look at what we just received from assignments. That was a really good package for that. Let’s see what happens after they get to talk about the problems and check the data. I’m confident it will cover a decent amount of what people missed.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    What does it all matter. It's nothing to be excited about. Oh yay 3 small energy refills and 10 arena recharges and 10 3* Sig stones and 1999 phc shards. But you can upgrade to the 3* shards for $99.99
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    edited August 2018
    I'll just add to your list some reasonable items that i think overheating affected us the players.

Keep in mind that this is not what i demand, and giving all of these is impossible, i know that, it's just what i think we as the players could have missed out on:
    - Arena rank rewards, as an arena-grind-focused player this is how overheating affected me the most.
    - AQ rank rewards (so not just the map rewards), we still got rank rewards, but i believe alliances could have performed better if not affected by the problem, so compensate some of it if you don't mind.
    - Refills and proportion of EQ exploration rewards.
    - Boosts, revives and pots due to game crashing, emergency maintainance...

When Miike said "no huge amount of shards" i was surprised... by what does he mean by "huge amount" i can guess whether they actually did any "measuring the impact" or not at all.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    The way I see it Kabam needs to do two things. Compensate and Appreciate. Compensation should be full of the goodies we missed out on during the overheating issues, the game outages etc etc. And Appreciation needs to full of the over and above stuff. Not fussed with RDT's either but would love more 4* and 5* shards AG's or whatever the heck they wanna throw at us

Absolutely agree, and this is what I told my alliance. Compensation is just that is should only be what we missed out on, doing this sets the standard going forward so people aren’t asking for unreasonable stuff. Summoner Appreciation at this time is perfect for Kabam because if they want to show a gesture of goodwill they have the chance to load accounts up with goodies without people expecting it in the future every time the game is down for 30 minutes
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Rank down tickets ;)
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    They play both ends of the spectrum. When they look at how to make things more challenging they focus there attention to those top players and big spenders. When they are factoring in compensation they are looking at the bottom player that plays 30 min a day.
    As much as I will rip on the mods here, miike at least gave a heads up saying don't expect anything useful. As far ad an appreciation month only expect xp and gold boosts that last 30 days.
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    5000-8000 5* shards (since they gave 1500 just for the 8 hour maintenance)
    2-3 4 star crystal
    5-8 3 star crystals
    15-20 phcs
    100k-500k gold
    50k-100k battlechips
    tons of units,energy refills,champ boosts,health and revive potions,

Since miike made it clear not to expect ag,rdt I am not including them..

If i missed out add it up ;-)
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    I’d add 4 and 3 Star Universal Awakening Gems as well!
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    I get regular 6* shards from arena, along with big chunks of 5* shards, i was only affected in game, but a few stubborn people actually lost their phones to this bug. Are they going to compensate players for their broken phones? Nah, just going to get a moderator posting snarky comments of what we don’t get, then sitting there stratching his chin wondering where all the big players are going.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Let them fix this mess before compensation 8stvt6akfkbf.png
    49xov7vuhp1q.png
  • Hey Everybody,

Please don’t get us wrong here! Summoners were affected in many different ways, and we are definitely well aware of the impact that the performance issues introduced with 19.0 had on everybody (we had to make a number of delays to our running events, including a very long one for Alliance Wars Season 3).

As we mentioned yesterday, we have started discussions on what our plans for Compensation, and for a Summoner Appreciation event will be. We want to make sure that we are able to address what players missed out on during the affected period, and also do some extra things during Summoner Appreciation.

You’ve all been very patient, and we really appreciate it. We don’t have any more information to share right now, but as soon as we do, we will let you all know!
This discussion has been closed.