**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Negative Unit Balances for Fraudulent Activity [Merged Threads]

2»

Comments

• Bbbddd32246Bbbddd32246 Posts: 5
    But here says it will be converted into spendable units or I don’t understand something?😅
  • The easiest way to look at it is that their account is in debt and will remain in that position until the account is bought out of debt.

This cheating aside, Kabam’s recent purchase T&Cs update was designed to prevent people from buying X amount of units then just refunding the purchase through Apple or the android store which was costing Kabam a lot of money. This has simply been applied to the accounts in question who have been gifted what Kabam perceive to be obscene amounts of unit based gifts, presumably they’ve only really looked at the top 1% and I dare say they checked where the Ciclops accounts were sending their GGC too.
  • AngryomegaAngryomega Posts: 9

So you committed fraudulent activity and proud of it is that what your saying ?
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

But here says it will be converted into spendable units or I don’t understand something?😅

It clearly states that you have to reduce the negative balance first. Any access credits purchased will be converted to units at a predetermined rate.

So, if you has -5000 in units, and you were buying 3100 credits for $99.99, you would need to buy two credit packs. That would be a total of 6200 credits which is greater than the negative balance. You would have 1200 credits. You get nothing for the first 5000 credits, as this is to reduce the negative balance.

The remaining 1200 credits will be changed to units. If the rate was 2 credits to 1 Unit, you would only get 600 units. If it was a 1 for 1 rate, you would get 1200 units for the 1200 credit surplus.

I hope that helps.
  • Kyeee13Kyeee13 Posts: 18

It very clearly says an EXCESS credits purchased AFTER negative balanced is resolved will be converted.

• Bbbddd32246Bbbddd32246 Posts: 5
    Midknight007 tnx you mate it helped
    ChriissR said:

As long as you play fairly, you have nothing to worry about.

It's funny that people complaining about this are the ones getting caught. IMO, accounts should be getting banned, not receiving negative credits.

Yes they should be banned
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    They've comitted a fraud. When there's a fraud, you try to get your money back. If you banned the players, you have no chances to get it.

They've comitted a fraud. When there's a fraud, you try to get your money back. If you banned the players, you have no chances to get it.

Do you th8nk they’ll spend hundreds to get their accs back they’ll just buy another acc on the cheap with same or not stronger champions with more content done
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

It's not a special offer, though. Those cheaters did pay less for the units that got them into their negative balance.

Maybe kabam knows that fraudulent units are on average 1/3 of the official price. To kabam this essentially isn't that big of a deal, that's why they decided to try and have the best of both worlds.

Get back some of their lost revenue and give some of the heavy spenders a way to keep playing the game.

You're trying to look at that offer from purely your own perspective, which is just an illogical move. This isn't about you.

Again, those cheaters paid less for their units, but they paid for them nonetheless. Now, asking them to pay that again, and with a potential ~300% increase jn price at that, would not entice anyone to actually clear their negative balance.

Sure, I'd also say "parma-ban those tools", but kabam would be stupid to just perma-ban someone who spent so much freaking money on units already. Fraudulent or not, that person is financially fluid and willing to pay, so they'd be stupid not to at least make him and others that offer.

This is IF it was only fraudulent units purchased and put on their accounts. But this isn’t the case for all. I know a few that only bought greater gifting crystals from people in their alliance. And still received a negative balance even tho they had no idea the units used to send said gifts were fraudulent.

Kabam punished both sides. Bad unit accounts, and those that got gifts with those bad units.

I know someone that “bought” 50 ggc, from a person in the alliance he was in. Had no idea they were gaining units fraudulently (because there are people that farm legitimate units). And now this guy is on the hook for a negative balance that’ll cost him $300+ to get back in good standings.

In the end I have no real feelings towards this as it’ll never effect me. But I can understand some frustration from those that had no legitimate reason to suspect someone gained units in a fraudulent way and were punished by receiving gifts from them. Also shouldn’t buy anything from anyone like this.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Honestly instead of doing the moral and correct thing and permanently banning these accounts they are trying to recoup part of what they lost by credit card charge backs
    edited January 2020

And they basically ignored their own toc and not terminated their acc further down it also says they player person should be help responsible and pay back such currencies

• Do you th8nk they’ll spend hundreds to get their accs back they’ll just buy another acc on the cheap with same or not stronger champions with more content done

Don’t think many stronger accounts exist for the main offenders
This discussion has been closed.