**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Please Fix War Tanking!

LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
Please fix war tanking! I want to be able to play wars again in off-season. The problem is that everyone is tanking!

For those who don't know what tanking is: Tanking is trying to lose wars on purpose during off-season to lower your rating and to get matched up with easier alliances during the war season, so you get more wins and higher season rewards with minimal effort.

We, as an alliance, are forced to tank, because if we don't tank then we will be facing alliances like MMXIV, NYC Guardians, etc which would just result in an instant loss cause we can't compete with their roster. This would then result in getting lower season rewards than we are supposed to get.

At the moment no wars are being played during off-season, at least in the higher ranks, and every war results in a tie (no defenders placed, no one joins attack), meaning: no rewards, no shards, no loyalty, nothing. The result of every war ending in ties is that everyone stays in the same place with their war rating, and tanking has essentially just become a strategy to face against alliances at YOUR OWN SKILL LEVEL.

Therefore I propose a very easy solution to fix tanking:
Freeze rating during off-season so losing/winning wars has no effect on your season ranking.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    @LoPresti it funy is that only happen in plat and abov in gold ther dont do that. So it has to be becasse of the reward ther get in seiiesn. And the free loss make Them beat all under why Not Ban the ally when ther sont place defender at all im meant disclarife Them fra war. Sieisen
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    My idea; if no defenders get placed in placement phase; the war ends and the other alliance wins; then the tanking alliance can’t do war for 7 days

Why Not just disclarfirt the ally ther doss it. Not sure how it works out. My ide
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    tanking is dumb. so...

in the highest tiers of war if everyone tanks to get easier opponents, then all they are doing is fighting themselves. tanking alliances fight other tanking alliances.

its also counterproductive. (at least in the old system) you are much more likely to get a favorable match up if you have low prestige with a high war rating.

may tanking alliances ALWAYS be in platinum 2 or 3.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    My idea; if no defenders get placed in placement phase; the war ends and the other alliance wins; then the tanking alliance can’t do war for 7 days

All they need to do is place a 1* as boss and leave the rest empty map. Too easy to loophole around this.
    edited February 2019
    Like I previously mention, let's treat the source of the problem, lower season rank rewards significantly especially anything above gold 1, and improve per war win rewards. ... tanking will reduce due to lack of incentive
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »

All they need to do is place a 1* as boss and leave the rest empty map. Too easy to loophole around this.

Another idea: The war rating gained/lost is based on the point difference; if they tank, they won’t lose much war rating then

edited February 2019
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Another idea: The war rating gained/lost is based on the point difference; if they tank, they won’t lose much war rating then

Unless everyone from your alliance goes from 0 to 100% in say the last hour of war, they just need to prevent getting out tanked by moving along the map and keeping point difference lower. To make things worse, now u r giving any alliance the ability to manipulate war rating (eg. Sister alliances)
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    IsItthough wrote: »
    If you try to stop tanking all you get is more alliances swapping. This is a product of the system. Want to stop tanking remove season rewards. End of story. Put war back to the way it was. You get x-amount for wins and x for loss. Alliances will continue to find ways to lower or get around matching up top competitors. I think you could just split season rewards up into wins and losses. Add t5b, t2a and 6* to each win, set amounts based on tier rating. This makes every war count, removes issues with people being kicked or recruiting. Now that they have re-established the prestige gap and adjusted AQ rewards to match. We can just go back to the old system. This removes a lot of pressure of people as one or two losses don't destroy a season since there isn't any. You won't have guys abandoning alliances when they find they can't get plat 1 or master rewards. Going to back to a single war base makes so much sense and removes so many things wrong with the system now.
    Raganator wrote: »
    Easier solution. Scrap seasons and incorporate rewards into AW victory bonuses.

Interesting. I really like this idea.
    edited February 2019
    I really don't see them getting rid of seasons completely after spending all those time and effort on it, that's why I suggest reducing the season rewards to maybe a 6* crystal or something RNG (more war crystals?) for top rewards instead of crazy rank up materials.

Keep in mind new AQ rewards are also giving out much better rankup materials as top rewards, AW season rewards shouldn't be all about rankup materials anyways.

I still believe AW season can be salvage instead of scraped. One way or another top alliances will always have op roster from spending or winning more anyways, its just the season rewards disparity is way too big and way too lucrative to drive unwanted behavior.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    At the moment no wars are being played during off-season, at least in the higher ranks, and every war results in a tie (no defenders placed, no one joins attack), meaning: no rewards, no shards, no loyalty, nothing. The result of every war ending in ties is that everyone stays in the same place with their war rating, and tanking has essentially just become a strategy to face against alliances at YOUR OWN SKILL LEVEL.

Therefore I propose a very easy solution to fix tanking:
    Freeze rating during off-season so losing/winning wars has no effect on your season ranking.

Map 7 has taken priority over AW for some alliances this week. Freezing war rating in the off-season could solve the concern you've detailed in your OP. It would also cause numerous tertiary effects, many of which would be detrimental such as alliances not being able to increase war rating/move up tiers in the off-season, players not being able to start a new alliance after a season ends for the previously mentioned reason, and end-game players receiving an additional advantage over players trying to catch up because of such end-game players' alliances being locked in high war tiers for the coming AW season.
  • Raganator wrote: »
    Easier solution. Scrap seasons and incorporate rewards into AW victory bonuses.

Good idea!
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Fix the problem by getting rid of AW seasons. Replace it with an AQ style weekly rewards systems which will reward alliances for moving to higher tiers where you would get a certain set of weekly rewards for ending the week in each tier. No more tanking and less stress.

Awesome
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Why not just freeze alliance rankings altogether during the off season. Seems like a fairly easy and reasonable approach to stop off season tanking. If alliances tank during the season it only hurts themselves.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Kabam literally created this issue... AW seasons is a gold mine for them, so everyone saying "get rid of seasons" its
    definitely NOT going to happen.

Most alliances during off season, don't boost, save, buy and store as many resources for next season. So yeah they are going to lose wars. And if your alliance says boost on off season, then hey, you knew what you're getting into at the top.

What about people getting kicked right after the last war of the season? Then Kabam turns around and say tough luck guy. I mean, take care of the real issues first.

• KylienteKyliente Posts: 26
    I agree with @LoPresti . Freeze rating during the off season. These are "between" seasons and should be good practice with just the war rewards. I don't see how an off season should affect the season at all (it should just be an exhibition).

Those trying to move up can do so during the season.