**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

7.2 closed beta

13»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

Your options are

1) use the current system, have a lot players beta test and a small subset compete for legends.

2) have significantly fewer players in the beta, and run the risk of improperly tuned content

Seems like a no brainer option 1 to me, unless you are clamoring for the original 7.1 to be the norm.

Or, when people sign up for Beta testing, make it very clear that they won't be able to do a legends run, put a warning on the email/message. That way, everyone knows that by taking part they will gain an unfair advantage and they can decide whether they would prioritise giving feedback or doing the beta.
    I would never touch another beta with a 10 foot pole, and I have never seriously attempted a run. It's beyond short sighted to think you'll get correct feedback and also disqualify people.
    But why? If you want to do a legends run, you shouldn't be able to have a test run first. I think that's fair enough. It should be level ground. I would use an analogy with a race or an obstacle course or a maze, but really i shouldnt need to. This is basic logic and it baffles me how people don't see it. Experience in something is better than no experience.
    It's not and has never been level ground. People hoovering up every offer and crystal with multiple teams of R3s have an advantage over those that don't. So I guess that's a 3rd bracket that we need now. People that have gotten luckier with champ and catalyst pulls but are f2p have an advantage over those less lucky. There's a 4th bracket. You can make lord knows how many different brackets for every advantage there is but at the end of the day, it's never going to be level. This whole argument is flat out silly imo.
    Offers and Crystals are in-game advantages available to everyone. Your account, do what you want with it. Luck is not controlled by kabam.

The beta offers a chance to plan, do and refine your legends run. That is a clear advantage not available to every player.
    So does watching youtube videos.
    Yep, and everyone can do that.
    So we agree that there isn't an advantage since everyone can plan via youtube videos. Cool.
    Nope. We already established there is an advantage from the beta.
    You just said watching YouTube is available to everyone and allows them to plan ahead giving them the same advantage.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

Your options are

1) use the current system, have a lot players beta test and a small subset compete for legends.

2) have significantly fewer players in the beta, and run the risk of improperly tuned content

Seems like a no brainer option 1 to me, unless you are clamoring for the original 7.1 to be the norm.

Or, when people sign up for Beta testing, make it very clear that they won't be able to do a legends run, put a warning on the email/message. That way, everyone knows that by taking part they will gain an unfair advantage and they can decide whether they would prioritise giving feedback or doing the beta.
    I would never touch another beta with a 10 foot pole, and I have never seriously attempted a run. It's beyond short sighted to think you'll get correct feedback and also disqualify people.
    But why? If you want to do a legends run, you shouldn't be able to have a test run first. I think that's fair enough. It should be level ground. I would use an analogy with a race or an obstacle course or a maze, but really i shouldnt need to. This is basic logic and it baffles me how people don't see it. Experience in something is better than no experience.
    It's not and has never been level ground. People hoovering up every offer and crystal with multiple teams of R3s have an advantage over those that don't. So I guess that's a 3rd bracket that we need now. People that have gotten luckier with champ and catalyst pulls but are f2p have an advantage over those less lucky. There's a 4th bracket. You can make lord knows how many different brackets for every advantage there is but at the end of the day, it's never going to be level. This whole argument is flat out silly imo.
    Offers and Crystals are in-game advantages available to everyone. Your account, do what you want with it. Luck is not controlled by kabam.

The beta offers a chance to plan, do and refine your legends run. That is a clear advantage not available to every player.
    That's irrelevant though bc those spending advantages may be technically "available" to everyone, but they're just not in reality.

Having an advantage either matters or it doesn't as far as I'm concerned. You either have to eliminate them all or you don't actually have a leg to stand on.
    An offer is offered to everyone in the game, aside from certain IOS and Android offers. That makes it available to everyone and so is not considered here.

With regards to advantages, it’s not as black and white as that. You have to draw a line between fair and unfair advantages. Spending on the game is a fair advantage, hacking is an unfair advantage. Luck is a fair advantage, hypothetically having a 6* in content where only 4* are allowed is an unfair advantage.

I’d argue that fighting fights before anyone else can is pretty obviously an unfair advantage
    And obviously Kabam disagrees with it being unfair or at least agrees that having those people willing to actually participate in betas is worth the potential advantage.

You can't cherry pick which advantages you deem okay. That's my whole issue with that side of the argument. Oh this is okay, and this is okay, but I don't like that so I'm saying it's unfair. You just lose any credibility at that point with me.

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

Your options are

So does watching youtube videos.
    Yep, and everyone can do that.
    So we agree that there isn't an advantage since everyone can plan via youtube videos. Cool.
    Nope. We already established there is an advantage from the beta.
    You just said watching YouTube is available to everyone and allows them to plan ahead giving them the same advantage.
    I actually said that doing the fight provides a different advantage.They are different advantages, one available to every player. And one available to only beta players. That by definition is unfair.

If you would like, @ me when you’re willing to accept facts. Until then, I’m not too interested in continuing to try and teach basic logic to you.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

Your options are

That's irrelevant though bc those spending advantages may be technically "available" to everyone, but they're just not in reality.

Having an advantage either matters or it doesn't as far as I'm concerned. You either have to eliminate them all or you don't actually have a leg to stand on.
    An offer is offered to everyone in the game, aside from certain IOS and Android offers. That makes it available to everyone and so is not considered here.

With regards to advantages, it’s not as black and white as that. You have to draw a line between fair and unfair advantages. Spending on the game is a fair advantage, hacking is an unfair advantage. Luck is a fair advantage, hypothetically having a 6* in content where only 4* are allowed is an unfair advantage.

I’d argue that fighting fights before anyone else can is pretty obviously an unfair advantage
    And obviously Kabam disagrees with it being unfair or at least agrees that having those people willing to actually participate in betas is worth the potential advantage.

You can't cherry pick which advantages you deem okay. That's my whole issue with that side of the argument. Oh this is okay, and this is okay, but I don't like that so I'm saying it's unfair. You just lose any credibility at that point with me.

No I actually agree with you here, kabam do disagree with it being unfair. But I’m trying to offer my opinion and get them to change their mind that they don’t think it’s unfair. Kabam do cherry pick which advantages they think are fair, and I’m trying to argue my case.

Kabam also thought it was fair to buff hood in the way they did. Just because kabam do something doesn’t mean I should accept it without arguing my point.

I think generally, any advantage within the rules available to everyone is fair.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    pRActICinG On tHe BetA Is nOT An AdvAnTAgE!

I mean come on guys people don’t train to win they just go in blind and win. Ffs
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

Your options are

Then tell kabam that. As if you remember the small group that did 6.1 couldn’t do legend run....saying unfair advantage....ones who did grandmaster they allowed. To me should be reversed....if it’s a fight no one else in game can practice on they should be excluded as they can get all the practice they want learn the specials learn who best champ is. The main beta isn’t what I talking about. It’s the 7.2.6 boss I am
This discussion has been closed.