**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Major issues with recovery timings, dexterity, and all combat mechanics [Under Investigation]

Comments

• unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited January 2018
    There is nothing in the Patch Notes that mentions any change to the AI or Evade. Now, I'm not saying people aren't experiencing issues. Just that we can't say they changed the mechanics because that's just conspiracy. They don't mess with the mechanics without telling us.

You keep believing they tell us everything they change. I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you also. Money does some strange things to people, and this company is no exception.
  • Shhhhhhhhh,he said:they do not mess with the mechanics,without telling us.also said,thousands of times,this is just rng,this is not a nerf and kabam is not going to give us rdt anymore.this game is a big mess again and the mechanics are changing too much,time to time,usually after maintanance.they didnt tell us,i think it can be a sabotage:)
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    I find that it takes forever to go from the block position into an attacking position so the ai can easily start with the next comb

I also felt like I was in quicksand the other day so sluggish

I also still maintain that on weekends and holidays they ramp up the ai to maximize on profits and shady business practice. We already know this isn't a skill based game, it's a money based game.

I'm an average player yet I'll challenge any single person at kaSCAM to some gaming
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I think it's more the Ai kicks in to its sketchy mode when you get to later days in aq basically they have a harder moveset when nodes are ramped, they won't bait, you can't evade unless you are miles away or touching them or they will immediately run you down, and they run up to you then stop and then hit so if you intercept They are actually intercepting you. This is just the hardness part which I can't really object to however it seems to also cause lags and control issues, anytime the defenders are doing that shake block unblock dance (like nc in war when he drops his block timer but so quickly you don't see him drop his block, the game seems to be more prone to not read swipe backs, drop blocks mid combo, not block even when your timing was the same as your other parries etc etc. you can do the move you always do like evade cyclops or IM l1swipe back then forward immediately to counter attack, and somehow he parries you, a month ago my controls were throwing heavies all the time mid combo but that seems to have disappeared, it's just always a gamble, I have zero motivation to do harder content at the moment I'm
    Just waiting will I have potions and revives in stash and then doing a 5.4 run, I can't handle the frustration it's causing to waste units and be cheated out of them by controls not working properly
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    There is nothing in the Patch Notes that mentions any change to the AI or Evade. Now, I'm not saying people aren't experiencing issues. Just that we can't say they changed the mechanics because that's just conspiracy. They don't mess with the mechanics without telling us.

Hahahahahahaha,lolololol.everything what we see,feel and experience,just conspiracy,but your words are always right and true.the best joke of the year.you should say,this is just RNG:D

Now you're twisting my words. I didn't say people aren't experiencing what they are. I said there's a difference between stating what we are experiencing and creating conspiracy by saying they're altering things unknowingly. That's conspiracy.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018

Alternatives that come to mind are the AI evolving based on accumulated data (players’ fighting tendencies) or advanced algorithms that instruct AI to change its fighting style based on certain factors. Given how long it takes Kabam to fix things such as Captain Marvel’s/Ms. Marvel’s sp2 not connecting after combos, both seem unlikely. I’ve also noticed recently that the AI has started attempting to chain sps after combos, which is something I’ve never seen before. Whatever is going on, the plethora of detailed examples - many of which are supported with photos and videos - from players of all skill levels makes random chance less likely to be the case as opposed to some sort of intentional change.

Alternatives that come to mind are the AI evolving based on accumulated data (players’ fighting tendencies) or advanced algorithms that instruct AI to change its fighting style based on certain factors. Given how long it takes Kabam to fix things such as Captain Marvel’s/Ms. Marvel’s sp2 not connecting after combos, both seem unlikely. I’ve also noticed recently that the AI has started attempting to chain sps after combos, which is something I’ve never seen before. Whatever is going on, the plethora of detailed examples - many of which are supported with photos and videos - from players of all skill levels makes random chance less likely to be the case as opposed to some sort of intentional change.

There are a host of other factors that go into it, conflicting mechanics within the Build, lag on the server, issues with the server's interaction with the Build or specific devices, etc. The game is complex in that it's not entirely on our device. It's a combination of the game installed and the server's data. Which means there are many things that can cause an issue. There is no basis for claiming that they intentionally alter the game unbeknownst to us, and this has been squashed many times by their own comments. Anything outside of that is generating conspiracy.
    No I do not work for them. I'm not stopping anyone from raising their problems. When people make unfounded accusations like "screwing us for more profit", it's worth pointing out that having problems with the game is not proof that anyone is out to get us.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Today I witnessed something for the first time ever. On a power reserve node the AI fired two sp1s BACK TO BACK with zero recovery. Of course I dodged the first one with plenty of time to spare but the AI instantly recovered and fired off another.

Different AI behavior + impossible AI recovery times = YOU LOSE, PAY UP!

Wish I had it recorded.

And these guys keep saying that there's nothing wrong.

"Act faster"

"Get better"

"Buy a new phone"

"It's the build interacting with the server"

"Everything's normal, you have to adjust"
  • This is just conspiracy guys,the game works properly,because kabam didnt announce that,they cheat with ai,to make more more.i am always right,trust me:)
  • ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    Bump, bump, bumper

Kabam where are you on this? Acting blind doesn’t help anyone. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Pertinax why are you guys not giving us an answer??? Thanks
  • I wanted to read more money,sorry.btw,there is no problem at all with my device and internet connection,my wifi is just pretty quick,my mobile internet is even better and more stable.the device:iphone 7.still good and quick phone,i just tested it with memory and battery eater games,they are running perfectly on it,i didnt experience lag at all,in any of them.i have no doubt about the origin of this issue at all.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    There are a host of other factors that go into it, conflicting mechanics within the Build, lag on the server, issues with the server's interaction with the Build or specific devices, etc. The game is complex in that it's not entirely on our device. It's a combination of the game installed and the server's data. Which means there are many things that can cause an issue. There is no basis for claiming that they intentionally alter the game unbeknownst to us, and this has been squashed many times by their own comments. Anything outside of that is generating conspiracy. [/quote]

Lag and/or server connection account for nothing I’ve specifically mentioned. I also haven’t had any problems with parry, the AI’s attacks are faster than ever but that can be handled by anticipating attacks and parrying appropriately. Additionally, you said a host of other factors go into it, but build and server issues are only two factors.

It’s only possible to deflect specific details that multiple members give for so long before confirmation bias seems possible. I’ve agreed with some of the comments you’ve made on this forum. In this case you’d have more success with supporting your claims if you specifically addressed and negated what multiple members of different levels of skill have independently stated instead of attributing them to hypotheticals you have no wait of providing evidence for.

I said that some sort of intentional change seemed more likely than the alternative. I wouldn’t label that as generating conspiracy, and that was not my intention. This would all be clarified if a moderator were to step in and tell us what is actually going on.
  • HoneymonsterHoneymonster Posts: 69
    When you rely on magik as one of my top champs until they fix the random dash backs and specials not working when you press to activate then I'm done with this game. I wasted all my units and revives and health trying to complete 5.2.4 and the only way I died was from glitching! I've finally had enough of wasting my time and money on a game with more bugs than a jungle.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Separate issue but probably not worth a new thread

Does anyone sometimes have issues with getting heavy attack to trigger? I use Hyperion and Dormammu pretty often and utilize their heavies. There are a lot of times that I parry then go to heavy but nothing happens, champ just stands there. It is now too late to try it again so I just back away.

It does happen .. I have noticed with dorm , arch and quake . The champs just stand there sometimes
  • mcofnycmcofnyc Posts: 28
    This game is completely falling apart. Second war in a row getting to left mini boss (dormammu) with 3 champs, and once again get a plethora of game problems with all of them.

I think I experienced almost every issue mentioned over the past few months trying to fight this one mini boss:
    - lag
    - champs standing around after dashback unable to block or move
    - opponent somehow punching through even when holding block down the entire time
    - parry not working and opponent not being stunned even though the game says parry
    - Champ randomly stopping attack mid combo
    - Blocks registering and turning into dashes instead
    - Champs moving on their own like on auto fight, maybe due to very delayed lag
    - Going in for attack after a heavy with regular timing only to have very fast recovery by them resulting in them parrying me

Even got a new one where one dexterity dash back somehow caused mystic dispersion to get one full bar of power (even at 5/5 md it should take 3 dexterity dash backs to be a full bar of power).

This is completely unplayable. I wish I had recorded these. Against a dormammu with unavoidable degen or block damage on top, it only ends up just costing a ton of revives. This match wasn't about skill at all anymore, but how many potions one is willing to use to push past all the broken basic game mechanics. I don't understand how you as a company expect players to play a game where you cant do basic movements like block and dash back and attack correctly. Seriously, the longer this continues it's just a slap in the face saying you don't care at all and just want to keep making more money on people spending on potions and revives, or that you guys are completely dumbfounded on how to make a game function correctly.
This discussion has been closed.