**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NEW End-Game Content - Winter of Woe Starts Feb 7th! [Added Info: Deathless Champion Objectives]

New End-Game Content Begins with the Winter of Woe

2024’s Seasonal, End-Game, high-difficulty, super tough, pull-your-hair-out, similar to Eternity of Pain, mucho-rawr-style content is set to begin on Wednesday February 7th with The Winter of Woe. Each step of the Winter of Woe will consist of ONE 1v1 quest, to be completed in a two week time-frame.

Each fight will be accompanied by two solo objectives for Paragon Summoners and an additional objective for Valiant Summoners. Earn Points towards Winter Of Woe Milestones by completing those objectives. You’ll want to complete as many as possible over the next two months to get the best rewards possible. Reward acquisition has also changed to a Milestone-style distribution, meaning you will not have to wait for your rewards!

Please see below for the full Winter of Woe schedule; future seasons of unhappiness will follow a similar structure.

Schedules

Objectives

Here’s a sneak peek at the objectives for the first fight of the Winter of Woe. This should give you a chance to strategize and plan your rankups! We will not be posting the objectives sets for future fights.

Rewards

Note: There will be two grace points, meaning: you can achieve your progression-level's highest milestones without completing *two* of the event's objectives. (more at the bottom of this post)

ADDITIONAL INFO [FEB 9 1:40pm PT]:

Summoners, we noticed that we missed out on a piece of information earlier that we wanted to make sure we include.

Currently we have planned for both Paragon and Valiant Players 1 grace point with each Season of this new end-game content. This grace point comes from a 3rd paragon objective that will be included with one of the regular live for 2 week quests each season, and requires that Summoners use one of the previously released 7-Star Deathless Champions. This first Objective will require the use of 7-Star Guillotine (Deathless). This is optional, so anybody that does not have a 7-Star Guillotine (Deathless) will not miss out on any mandatory points, but choosing to do this objective will allow you to skip a later objective.

This means that any Summoners that have completed the #Robots Objective for Quest 1, and have access to a 7-Star Guillotine (Deathless) and finish that Objective when it is available, can skip 2 other objectives.

Edit Feb 21: Corrected the structure/number of fights in the final week of Winter of Woe
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 152
    Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax I have a question so I am paragon and challenge will come on 7th Feb if I become valiant after challenge started like 13 Feb for example will I see valiant objectives as well or I have to become valiant before the challenge started
    This is very important question I hope you clarify it quickly
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Hmm… to me it seems something doesn‘t add up with the points for swinger of Woe…

In the rewards table it says that for the Paragon peak milestone you need 18 points, yet as a Paragon you can only get 2 points per week for the first 4 weeks… I don‘t know, how many points will be available for Pragon players in the final week, but even if you could get all 6 points (which I don‘t think), it doesn’t add up to 18

(Also: Valiants will 24 for the final milestone, but it looks like only 18 will be available…)
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Hmm… to me it seems something doesn‘t add up with the points for swinger of Woe…

In the rewards table it says that for the Paragon peak milestone you need 18 points, yet as a Paragon you can only get 2 points per week for the first 4 weeks… I don‘t know, how many points will be available for Pragon players in the final week, but even if you could get all 6 points (which I don‘t think), it doesn’t add up to 18

(Also: Valiants will 24 for the final milestone, but it looks like only 18 will be available…)

You get one point for defeating the champ (i.e. completing the quest)
    Ah, got it, thank you… So there will be 5 objectives for Paragon in the last round?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

You get one point for defeating the champ (i.e. completing the quest)
    Ah, got it, thank you… So there will be 5 objectives for Paragon in the last round?
    It’s written in the post bro.

Each fight will be accompanied by two solo objectives for Paragon Summoners and an additional objective for Valiant Summoners. Earn Points towards Winter Of Woe Milestones by completing those objectives. You’ll want to complete as many as possible over the next two months to get the best rewards possible. Reward acquisition has also changed to a Milestone-style distribution, meaning you will not have to wait for your rewards!
  • Options

Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax I have a question so I am paragon and challenge will come on 7th Feb if I become valiant after challenge started like 13 Feb for example will I see valiant objectives as well or I have to become valiant before the challenge started

@Pikolu @DNA3000 any information about this question?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,955 ★★★★★

I have the same doubt as well, can you verify @Kabam Miike ?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

Hey "Kabam Miike" Kabam Jax I have a question so I am paragon and challenge will come on 7th Feb if I become valiant after challenge started like 13 Feb for example will I see valiant objectives as well or I have to become valiant before the challenge started

Pikolu DNA3000 any information about this question?
    You can afford to miss 1 valiant point... so if you want to find out for us 🤣

I don't remember how it worked in EoP when people became paragon.
  • Options
    What is this u know missing one point will make so much difference in rewards?
    You have the ability to ask from kabam team that's why people tagged you and I don't know any other moderator except pikolu and dna so I tagged you both
    This is very important for players those who want to push for valiant @Pikolu @DNA3000 @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

Hey "Kabam Miike" Kabam Jax I have a question so I am paragon and challenge will come on 7th Feb if I become valiant after challenge started like 13 Feb for example will I see valiant objectives as well or I have to become valiant before the challenge started

Pikolu DNA3000 any information about this question?
    You can afford to miss 1 valiant point... so if you want to find out for us 🤣

I don't remember how it worked in EoP when people became paragon.
    My recollection is that you got the objectives for the progression title you were at, at the moment they were released. If you became Paragon after that week’s objectives were released you did not retroactively get them, but you would get the higher objectives for all future weeks.

For the purposes of progression gates, each week was a separate piece of content, it wasn’t the entire thing that was progression locked at the very start.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 I am paragon so I will see 2 objective but if I become valiant after content drops will I see valiant objectives as well or not that's my question
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Pleaseeee let scorpion be useable for sinister six
  • Options
    JBtheboss649JBtheboss649 Posts: 19

I wanted to know this as well I just got done with necropolis now I wanted to wait for the titan change to make my r3 but if I don’t get the valiant objective then it might not be worth it.
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    Malvone111Malvone111 Posts: 3
    LJF said:

Hopefully these fights are actually tough.

Si così i merc fanno più soldi
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★

@DNA3000 I am paragon so I will see 2 objective but if I become valiant after content drops will I see valiant objectives as well or not that's my question

@Kabam Miike pls reply to this question this should have been clarified in the post earlier but there was no mention of that
    He has 1 full day to make a decision....
  • Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 274
    _Pez_ said:

Buttehrs said:

Unless I'm missing something, seems like doubling up on objectives seems a lot harder than EoP.

Yea if I'm not mistaken there isn't a single champ that covers 2 let alone all 3 at once.
    Rhino covers 2 but that's it
    Glad I have him r5
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

If it follows the pattern I recall for EoP, once the Paragon objectives drop you will not see the Valiant one if you become Valiant after they drop for that specific week, but you will see them for all successive weeks.
  • Options
    Makes 0 sense not to add the extra objective if one turns variant mid way, if you dont start at variant you cant never reach the last milestone, so someone who turns variant tomorrow still cant get the top milestone, even if he can do all the objectives, no sense at all
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Bron1 said:

Makes 0 sense not to add the extra objective if one turns variant mid way, if you dont start at variant you cant never reach the last milestone, so someone who turns variant tomorrow still cant get the top milestone, even if he can do all the objectives, no sense at all

Pretty sure they mentioned on stream that valiant has an extra point so they can skip 1 objective somewhere
  • Options
    Bron1 said:

Can we get a confirmation on this please ? And if thats the case, whats the reasoning behind it @Kabam Miike