**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Player feedback

nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
This post is mostly to ask, beg, and plead for player feedback to be heard. Everyone has gotten so negative about everything and it just seems like everything changing about the game we all love is in the opposite direction of what people have asked for. Players didn't want their entire rosters to be made useless in a new war system that is decided on by which alliance has kang/redpool/thanos. Players didn't ask for carnage to enter the contest more then any other hero so that he could be made into a punchline. Please stop making all these bad choices. Friends I've played with for over a year are walking away.... all the community gets in return is we hear you and value your feedback, now let's do something no one wants and censor any criticism.
Please, don't just say you care. An action is worth a thousand words.

Comments

• NEONEO Posts: 347
    I was in a 7 million ally until 12 of 30 quit due to the recent changes. We missed SA this week :( sad...
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neb, apparently players were asking for the devs to change war so that defensive kills didn't penalize them so they wouldn't be afraid to attack.

Everyone has this delusion that all the players are always in agreement about what would be best for the game. That delusion is reinforced because the majority of players disagree with what the devs are doing, without really paying attention to the fact that all of their counter-suggestions to fix that are completely different and generally mutually exclusive.

When you beg them to listen to and act on player feedback, which player are you asking them to listen to? You? Me? A lot of players seem to agree with a lot of suggestions I make. I'm pretty sure a lot of players also think many of my ideas are completely insane.

The recent changes to alliance war were mistakes, things I believe I can prove objectively are mistakes. But they were not mistakes because the devs did or did not listen to players. They were mistakes because they were mistakes: because they quantitatively didn't do the things they claimed was the goal, and did things good game design principles would judge as wrong. Reducing the problem to a case of the devs not listening to the players is not productive in my opinion, because it seems in this case they did listen to players. Players they honestly should have ignored.
    Not just AW, them ignoring the Punisher issue by giving an “Answer” that had nothing to do with the question is also something they should fix, a mistake completely on their end.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I would say one obvious player suggestion they could start listening to is actually test things before forcing the whole game into a beta testing phase. Countless people predicted correctly how the war changes would play out before they went live. Why weren't they listened to? Why was forcing this into a live game more important then properly testing it?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    While new scoring system in AW was a complete flop it seemed pretty obvious AW 2.0 was what many forums users had asked for. Not exactly what they anticipated, but based off their suggestions.

Many mid tier, and mostly low tier players constantly complained daily about Mystic champs in AW. They also started a thread daily to complain every time they lost a fight to NC or Spidey. So now we got diversity, which was pretty much asked for. Not to mention the complaints of having no uses for many champs on there rosters, check that one off as well with diversity.

Players also complained about difficulty and nodes, so nodes people complained about often were removed.

Could easily go on with this on what was asked for an what we received. Again, these were all daily complaints for months in regards to AW 1.0. Complaints of scoring system is on Kabam. Complaints on diversity and lack of difficulty, mostly falls on the community.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    ^^fair point
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neb, apparently players were asking for the devs to change war so that defensive kills didn't penalize them so they wouldn't be afraid to attack.

Everyone has this delusion that all the players are always in agreement about what would be best for the game. That delusion is reinforced because the majority of players disagree with what the devs are doing, without really paying attention to the fact that all of their counter-suggestions to fix that are completely different and generally mutually exclusive.

When you beg them to listen to and act on player feedback, which player are you asking them to listen to? You? Me? A lot of players seem to agree with a lot of suggestions I make. I'm pretty sure a lot of players also think many of my ideas are completely insane.

The recent changes to alliance war were mistakes, things I believe I can prove objectively are mistakes. But they were not mistakes because the devs did or did not listen to players. They were mistakes because they were mistakes: because they quantitatively didn't do the things they claimed was the goal, and did things good game design principles would judge as wrong. Reducing the problem to a case of the devs not listening to the players is not productive in my opinion, because it seems in this case they did listen to players. Players they honestly should have ignored.
    Not just AW, them ignoring the Punisher issue by giving an “Answer” that had nothing to do with the question is also something they should fix, a mistake completely on their end.

I don't see how that's relevant to the OP's post. The OP is asking for the devs to listen to the players when making game changes. What suggestion do you think the devs failed to act upon with regard to the Punisher situation? "Answer me dammit" is not a suggestion.
    neb wrote: »
    ^^fair point
    Some times we gotta expect a little fault for what we get in return for our complaints and learn to be more careful in what we ask for.

Complaining about getting beat by certain champs and demanding nerfs while others are telling you how to handle them is probably another good example.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017

I don't see how that's relevant to the OP's post. The OP is asking for the devs to listen to the players when making game changes. What suggestion do you think the devs failed to act upon with regard to the Punisher situation? "Answer me dammit" is not a suggestion.
    Sorry, guess I was just venting a bit and missed the point.
  • edited September 2017
    R4GE wrote: »
    While new scoring system in AW was a complete flop it seemed pretty obvious AW 2.0 was what many forums users had asked for. Not exactly what they anticipated, but based off their suggestions.

Many mid tier, and mostly low tier players constantly complained daily about Mystic champs in AW. They also started a thread daily to complain every time they lost a fight to NC or Spidey. So now we got diversity, which was pretty much asked for. Not to mention the complaints of having no uses for many champs on there rosters, check that one off as well with diversity.

Players also complained about difficulty and nodes, so nodes people complained about often were removed.

Could easily go on with this on what was asked for an what we received. Again, these were all daily complaints for months in regards to AW 1.0. Complaints of scoring system is on Kabam. Complaints on diversity and lack of difficulty, mostly falls on the community.

i agree to an extent, but the diversity scoring system is not the solution we were looking for. it comes across as a lazy attempt at a fix. they changed no in game mechanics to remedy MD5 wars. They just mixed up the map, swapped some nodes and introduced a poorly though out scoring system that was rightfully easily exploited.

if you genuinely want to see less magik on defense then actually limit the number of times a specific champ can be placed in a bg. if you want to entice exploration despite a loss, then buff the participation rewards at the expense of the victory awards.

i think OP is bothered by what looks like them not taking IDEAS from the community, and not presenting IDEAS for review. acting on our feedback is worthless if you just create new problems.
    edited September 2017
    mutamatt wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »

i agree to an extent, but the diversity scoring system is not the solution we were looking for. it comes across as a lazy attempt at a fix. they changed no in game mechanics to remedy MD5 wars. They just mixed up the map, swapped some nodes and introduced a poorly though out scoring system that was rightfully easily exploited.

if you genuinely want to see less magik on defense then actually limit the number of times a specific champ can be placed in a bg. if you want to entice exploration despite a loss, then buff the participation rewards at the expense of the victory awards.

i think OP is bothered by what looks like them not taking IDEAS from the community, and not presenting IDEAS for review. acting on our feedback is worthless if you just create new problems.
    I agree. And as mentioned the scoring system was a complete flop, and definitely not what we asked for. I also agree that there does appear to be some laziness in the entirety of AW 2.0.

But the point I was making is that they are seeing the complaints and making changes, doesn't mean they are good changes.

With the constant complaints/struggles people made on a daily bases I can't find reason to doubt it overwhelmed any actual constructive feed back and IDEAS that were being made. I could be wrong, I'm pretty much taken whats in front of me with AW 2.0 and basing it off of months of daily complaint clouding the threads that I seen. They seem to fall in line together. Adds to the laziness factor, "lets do this and shut up those complaints," but also resulted in more complaints.
    neb wrote: »
    I would say one obvious player suggestion they could start listening to is actually test things before forcing the whole game into a beta testing phase. Countless people predicted correctly how the war changes would play out before they went live. Why weren't they listened to? Why was forcing this into a live game more important then properly testing it?

This has been my number one complaint on almost everything. I did see a lot of feedback before AW 2.0 kicked off, which did apparently get ignored and in the end, players were right.

But testing? I can't ever understand how some of these MAJOR issues always slip through the cracks if they are actually testing new content. One can't help but question whats going on there.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Generally speaking, they give us "what the players want"

-endless **** about mystic champs = diversity, now there's way less mystic champs
    -endless **** about iceman event quest = super easy event question EVERY SINGLE TIME since
    -endless **** about the collector = no final boss in 5.3
  • Does anyone know how to report a player that can not be reported; or at least the email for kabam.
  • Hey all!

We do hear you and we pay attention to the feedback and we really appreciate you reporting the issues you have so that we can continue to improve the game. Thank you so much for bearing with us. This thread has gone from being constructive to non-constructive and for that reason, I am going to close it down.
This discussion has been closed.