Options

Sooo... rank down tickets for mystic rank 4, 5 star champs?

Title says it all

Comments

  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Not going to happen anytime soon if it all, they've said this numerous times now and I doubt they'll change their minds about it.

    Would they be nice to have to correct some mistakes yeah but we don't always get things that we may want and just need to suck it up and deal with it.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Don't worry... They buffed Juggs, it's all good now :grimace:
  • Options
    I think the last official statement was that they were monitoring the effects of the change for a little while before making a decision? Don't think I've heard anything past that. But with the end of the season looming, maybe we can get an official update soon.
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    #workingasintended
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I'm tired of hearing this, ever since mystic dispersion arrived you people with dormammu and magik and mordo racked up the kills in alliance War and those champions helped you crush your opponents over and over again giving you crystal shards far and above what anyone who didn't have those high tier defenders we're able to get and now you want to reinvest your rescources because you claim you have somehow been bamboozled into ranking champions that no longer fuction that way and poor you... NO!

    You invested those rescources and they gave you great rewards in return. Get over it.
  • Options
    This is a great example of how a thread goes sideways.

    The main problem with your "argument" is that it could be applied to literally any champ in the game. Take your top champs, change em, devalue them, have someone say that to you. It probably wouldn't be too cool. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I haven't used my r4 dormamu since the update. I really wish they'd give 1 mystic rank down ticket at least.
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    No it can't. We aren't talking about every champion in the game, it's just a specific class. Most importantly we aren't talking about a short period of time either. This mastery has been this way for 3 YEARS. Fair enough if it's only been around for 3 months and people invest and they decide it's too powerful and has to be needed like many people thought they would do with blade. In that situation yes rank down tickets all around. But this is a mastery that people have used and profited from for 3 years.

    So your argument has no standing when you consider the context of time and how many champions are negatively affected. The mystic defenders we're nerfed but every champion (including mystics) in the game just got a buff. No rank down tickets needed.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,274 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    I haven't used my r4 dormamu since the update. I really wish they'd give 1 mystic rank down ticket at least.

    So you don't even know how effective he can be because you didn't even try? You just take the word of all the other complainers instead. Nice.
  • Options
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    No it can't. We aren't talking about every champion in the game, it's just a specific class. Most importantly we aren't talking about a short period of time either. This mastery has been this way for 3 YEARS. Fair enough if it's only been around for 3 months and people invest and they decide it's too powerful and has to be needed like many people thought they would do with blade. In that situation yes rank down tickets all around. But this is a mastery that people have used and profited from for 3 years.

    So your argument has no standing when you consider the context of time and how many champions are negatively affected. The mystic defenders we're nerfed but every champion (including mystics) in the game just got a buff. No rank down tickets needed.

    I'd explain how backwards this argument is, but I don't want to smash my head against a wall. Pls continue being angry about how the game was intended to work for 3 years and that people have played according to that setup and at their supposed great success.
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    No it can't. We aren't talking about every champion in the game, it's just a specific class. Most importantly we aren't talking about a short period of time either. This mastery has been this way for 3 YEARS. Fair enough if it's only been around for 3 months and people invest and they decide it's too powerful and has to be needed like many people thought they would do with blade. In that situation yes rank down tickets all around. But this is a mastery that people have used and profited from for 3 years.

    So your argument has no standing when you consider the context of time and how many champions are negatively affected. The mystic defenders we're nerfed but every champion (including mystics) in the game just got a buff. No rank down tickets needed.

    I'd explain how backwards this argument is, but I don't want to smash my head against a wall. Pls continue being angry about how the game was intended to work for 3 years and that people have played according to that setup and at their supposed great success.

    Please, by all means explain how my argument is backwards. I truly want to experience your flawless logic.
  • Options
    Ok, I'll bite.
    Not real sure how anyone couldn't see this, but the fact that the mastery has been around for so long and what that time frame means is where you're wrong.

    Had it only been a few months, it wouldn't be a big deal bc people wouldn't have had time to rank multiple champs to r4/r5 at the 5* level.. Maybe not at the 4* level either.

    But since it's been years, that's a ton of time for kabam to repeatedly say md id working as intended. A ton of time to say that the interaction of md with dexterity is working as intended. Tons of time for players to move forward with ranks based on kabam's input. Tons of time to use the most valuable and rare items in the game to do so. Tons of time in which they've completed end game content in order attain these rare and valuable items and use them on mystics. Tons of time in which kabam introduced t5b to the contest in order for players to rank higher than they have before.

    Also tons of time in which players had to acclimate themselves and their playing style to counter md if it was a problem for them when attacking. Tons of time to get one or more of the multiple champs who can counter either md or mystics themselves. Tons of time in which kabam had already fixed any md problems that players may have had by introducing champs that can make dealing with md/mystics ridiculously easy. Tons of time in which "mystic wars" were already killed off by the introduction of these champs along with diversity. Tons of time in which kabam fully reworked two extremely commonly pulled trash champs to make them full fledged md/mystic killers.

    MD didn't even need a fix by the time they got around to doing it. Personally, I don't need any mystic rdt. I place one r3 mystic and haven't invested greatly in that one champ. But I'd be wanting one if I had an r4/r5 that was placed. The meta changed, effecting these champs specifically and devaluing them.

    Your first post comes across like you feel players who use md did so in a dishonest or unfair way and now they're getting what they deserve. I can't really understand that viewpoint. Beyond that, the champs that you mention really aren't that great on defense and haven't been for a very long time. I ranked down two Mordo's at Christmas last year because he'd been a trash defender for quite a while at that point. Further, the players using md were simply playing the game as it was designed by kabam. Intimating that md users somehow had an unfair advantage is the same as saying people who boost, or use synergies smartly, or invest in stun masteries do so unfairly. They're all parts of the game avaliable to all players equally.

    As far as actually having certain champs and ranking them goes... Idk how you can blame any player for having certain champs. Either they got rng lucky or spent enough or busted their tails grinding in game to have an opportunity to get the champs that would help them further they account. And every player has the same opportunity to do those things. Hell, if you played it right you could have md at level 5 by only using quest energy and nothing else. You didn't even have to purchase the mystic canisters.

    When it comes to war, you either make the conscious decision to find a level of play you're comfortable with maintaining so you can progress, or you don't. Maybe you take a vacation and run 1bg wars when you have the time. But you shouldn't expect much progress in doing that because that's not the way the game is set up... Unless you're dropping a lot of $$$.
  • Options
    ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    emsehven wrote: »
    Title says it all

    NO BRO..
  • Options
    emsehvenemsehven Posts: 32
    I went for mephisto since he would be a good awd especially with MD. Then they introduced characters that would counter him (blade, void). Not good, but i accepted it. I got gulk to counter magik and dorm. I used awakening gems on both. So i agree with what chunkyb posted. Kabam said MD was working as intended for several years. As players we adjusted and ranked up to address this. Then after, kabam changed how MD works. Not asking for all the items i used to adjust to MD. Just 1 rdt for mystic 5* would be reasonable
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I think the last official statement was that they were monitoring the effects of the change for a little while before making a decision? Don't think I've heard anything past that. But with the end of the season looming, maybe we can get an official update soon.

    BAyfEcW.png

    They already did that in another thread about rdt and their answer has been the same for quite awhile so not quite sure where you heard that at.

    They have no plans to bring them back right now maybe in the future but who knows but I really doubt it will be anytime soon if at all.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I need mystic rank down tickets or rank up gems.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    -.-
    They've already stated that they're monitoring the performance of Champs and they would notify people if a decision is made. The truth is, MD doesn't have any bearing on the design of Champs whatsoever. It's an enhancement.
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I think the last official statement was that they were monitoring the effects of the change for a little while before making a decision? Don't think I've heard anything past that. But with the end of the season looming, maybe we can get an official update soon.

    BAyfEcW.png

    They already did that in another thread about rdt and their answer has been the same for quite awhile so not quite sure where you heard that at.

    They have no plans to bring them back right now maybe in the future but who knows but I really doubt it will be anytime soon if at all.

    Not sure when that was from as no dates show. The last mention of it I saw was by Miike in the link below. (easier to link than screenshot bc long post)

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/552017#Comment_552017

    I honestly don't follow all the threads about it because they usually are devolved by someone like this one was and I don't need rdt... so maybe the post you show is newer. Maybe that's the official response. I do know a lot of people are hoping for them, and I believe they deserve them. Obv, that's a point of contention for many and that's fine.

    As far as no plans, *shrug*. That's their normal answer for many things. Rdt had been planned for Xmas since before nycc last year. I only know this bc a friend asked a Dev at nycc and was told he would be happy with his Xmas present. Yet, they officially had "no plans" for the rest of the year. So I didn't trust my buddy until I saw them.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/569157#Comment_569157

    It's from last month, just visited their profile and looked through their I comments to find it, I have a habit of screenshottting them and we'll have to wait and see but they have been pretty adamant about not bringing them back
  • Options
    Ty and good to know. Maybe I'm crazy but still feels like the same as it ever was to me. Can't be letting the kids just expect free stuff haha
Sign In or Register to comment.