**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about Oct. 18 event quest

2»

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Yes i do! progressional means: at some point you start thinking your stuff don't stink...and you are entitled to all you get and everyone else is an idiot.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The sym will give lower players access to rewards that they could never have obtained without him. The boosts make him really powerful and can help keep him alive for path clearing.
    Well if nothing else he is great for collecting cats. I understand that is the idea. But too many come in here and find the "progression" too slow and walk. If they stick around, manage to sock away a few supplies and put a few points in masteries just doesn't seem like a way to keep em here to lure them into a quest that will leave them stripped of all the collecting they've done since they started playing. You've all assumed it is about me, which it is not. It is about leading new players down a garden path for a film promotion. (Film getting panned by the way.)
    And telling them "awe too bad! You jusy weren't big enough! So sit this one out!" Isn't a way to keep em.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    To be fair, they explicitly said this will be very challenging, and that many will try and many will fail.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Yes i do! progressional means: at some point you start thinking your stuff don't stink...and you are entitled to all you get and everyone else is an idiot.

To be fair, you're not doing a whole lot to dissuade anyone from thinking that
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    To be fair, they explicitly said this will be very challenging, and that many will try and many will fail.

That was actually only referring to the Symbiote difficulty, IIRC.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I have two accounts. One is pretty solid. A 5/65 and a few 4/55. My other is an alt with one 5/50 and a couple 4/40. Pretty low on the totem pole. My main account did master and epic pretty easily, not even needing the sym really. In fact I didn’t use him once in the quests and he’s R5 now. My alt on the other hand could do master ok. Struggled a little bit because the roster is still a bit small but I managed to explore master without using any items and got the sym to R4. At R4 I was able to do all the “easy” paths (non noded) paths in epic with the help of the sym. The sym just absolutely destroyed everything. Didn’t need boosts on the lanes, only on the bosses. Even then you only need one or two boosts depending on which boss you’re facing. Once I got through epic completion I was able to R5 the sym and now epic just became way easier. Money grab? Actually the opposite. I’m quite pleased because I’m accumulating way more rewards than I would otherwise. I’m not uncollected on my alt. So Kabam basically said here’s some nice rewards for you lower-mid level players and we will give you the tool to get them. And you don’t have to use any items, so opposite of a money grab. Pretty cool if you ask me. Now as for symbiote difficulty, I won’t hold my breath. Will I try it? Of course. If I fail? I’ll just accept that I already got more rewards than I would’ve otherwise. If you ask me this, this caters to all players across the board. Lower-mid tier get rewards not normally obtainable, or at least not as easy, and end game players get an extra difficulty with extra rewards. Would’ve liked some extra 6* shards in symbiote difficulty but it’s a start. Win-win for both of my accounts in my opinion.
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    And telling them "awe too bad! You jusy weren't big enough! So sit this one out!" Isn't a way to keep em.

If we eliminated dribbling and shooting, more people would play basketball.

That was insightful. I wish I could click more than once to agree with you!
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    So the symbiote can be ranked to 5 and on the 18th a special event quest opens specifically for players to use the symbiote in? It seems pretty obvious that the symbiote isn't going to get to rank 5 unless a player finishes Master and/or epic and that if he doesn't make it to 5 he will not be of much benifit. So? What incentive do lower tier players have to even worry with raising him at all? With paths that eat up the bulk of 70 energy quills (which they don't have to begin with) at a difficulty level they are not equiped to win without dumping supplies and units into it until it hurts, where is the fun? What is the point? Why are we seeing the top getting gifted with more opportunities to collect neccessary items and the lower level is being dragged along to insult and injury?

@Rap normally to play uncollected you would need to be uncollected (with everything that title means)
    This month you don’t. That doesn’t benefit end game players. That benefits all those that aren’t uncollected. So mid game players are gifted with epic difficulty.

In fact, end game players should be complaining that after spending more units than you in beating the collector you have the opportunity to attempt the difficulty they earned and you were gifted.
    You don’t deserve epic but you’re still complaining.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Onmix wrote: »
    So the symbiote can be ranked to 5 and on the 18th a special event quest opens specifically for players to use the symbiote in? It seems pretty obvious that the symbiote isn't going to get to rank 5 unless a player finishes Master and/or epic and that if he doesn't make it to 5 he will not be of much benifit. So? What incentive do lower tier players have to even worry with raising him at all? With paths that eat up the bulk of 70 energy quills (which they don't have to begin with) at a difficulty level they are not equiped to win without dumping supplies and units into it until it hurts, where is the fun? What is the point? Why are we seeing the top getting gifted with more opportunities to collect neccessary items and the lower level is being dragged along to insult and injury?

@Rap normally to play uncollected you would need to be uncollected (with everything that title means)
    This month you don’t. That doesn’t benefit end game players. That benefits all those that aren’t uncollected. So mid game players are gifted with epic difficulty.

In fact, end game players should be complaining that after spending more units than you in beating the collector you have the opportunity to attempt the difficulty they earned and you were gifted.

I really don't understand how someone who normally wouldn't even have access can be complaining about having access to the rewards and being given a great tool on top of that to actually get some if not all of them
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Onmix wrote: »

I really don't understand how someone who normally wouldn't even have access can be complaining about having access to the rewards and being given a great tool on top of that to actually get some if not all of them

Neither do I. Which is why I’d like to know his train of thought.
    Why does he feel entitled to something he hasn’t earned?
    And even more (he wants to attempt sym difficulty)
    This is a promotion of a motion picture. It is a seperate componant of the game and a marketing tool for the movie and the game. It is not being used effectively to promote the game! At the very least the same number of cats should have been awarded at every level so everyone could experience a maxed out champ. It would not change the outcome for any of you but would have sustained the new base by letting them experience success and collect a few hard to aquire items. It would not effect your alliances status, it would not not be enough probably to "make" them but at least it wouldn't break them!
    A good example would be "don't press the button" it rewarded patience and did not differentiate between tiers. Did that ruin the game for you?
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    You get the bonus rewards if you complete 100% all the modes in this EQ.
    Didn't strip players inventory because they are making a hard headed run through a level they aren't ready for and leave em broken on the wheel.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    I do not care what rewards other people are getting, only in completing quests and such that get me rewards to improve my roster. Been playing this game since March, but I plan on playing it a long time, so completely down with slow and steady progression.

As an intermediate player, I know my limits and avoid quests that are so far beyond my abilities that I would need to spend a ton of money on revives and health potions to even sniff completion. Like the Occult Labs -- Heroic was easy, but Master was a hard stop for me. I am fine with that. There is so much to do in this game.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Of course they can. In not like labyrinth where you need someone with X amount of base attack so that it doesn't trigger the second enrage at the beginning of the fight

No but if you give a scrub a r5 sl or blade he will still die to red hulk an others an not be able to finish 1 path . Even worth a r5 symbiote an the boosts you'll still need to have a certain level of skill to finish it. They've said it's very hard content.

You should stop spreading false info until you see the quest

Wrong.
    Nowhere did I say it would be easy. As long as it's possible to do a fight, anyone can do it. Of course skill is involved here, but that's obvious.
    The example I gave was one of a "impossible" fight, where you would only be able to hit the enemy once or twice before losing.

Wrong.
    "Of course they can" gives the impression even the worst player can finish it. No where do you mention skill is a given.

but they can. aslong as you hit the opponent a couple times before you die u can reviev and revive and revive and revive.... take 1% each fight... revive 100 times.... repeat... eventually you will get there..... not easy.... very expensive but possible....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

If we eliminated dribbling and shooting, more people would play basketball.

It’s called Football.. or rugby, depending on where you’re from. :D
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I think it's an extra difficulty where the symbiote will help. Its harder than Epic. Epic difficulty was nowhere near what it was last EQ either. Plus finish all 5 and get some awesome extra awards.

Yeah rewards have been published and look pretty awesome apart from lack of 6* shards

Wait, where were the rewards published?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I think it's an extra difficulty where the symbiote will help. Its harder than Epic. Epic difficulty was nowhere near what it was last EQ either. Plus finish all 5 and get some awesome extra awards.

Yeah rewards have been published and look pretty awesome apart from lack of 6* shards

Wait, where were the rewards published?
    For completing and mastering all of the Symbiote Quests, you earn:
    1x 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal
    2500x 5-Star Shards
    18000x T2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
    10x 5-Star Sig Stone Crystal
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    1x Monstrous Master Title
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    Just seems like they are being set up to clean out their inventory. It takes them longer to complete content because they do not have max energy. Even if they play easy and normal and manage master they still will not have a maxed symbiote.

I must say, quite spot on. I tried just one path on Chapter 1 Epic and it was painful. Hyperion's special 2 kept being blocked.

Anyway for the troubles, I rolled M.O.D.O.K. but this champ is good for AW and I don't play that. :s
  • icorericorer Posts: 66
    edited October 2018
    winterthur wrote: »
    Just seems like they are being set up to clean out their inventory. It takes them longer to complete content because they do not have max energy. Even if they play easy and normal and manage master they still will not have a maxed symbiote.

I must say, quite spot on. I tried just one path on Chapter 1 Epic and it was painful. Hyperion's special 2 kept being blocked.

Anyway for the troubles, I rolled M.O.D.O.K. but this champ is good for AW and I don't play that. :s

This champ isn't good for aw because there are nodes which reduce it's effectiveness to deter people from bringing it. Quite likely you didn't know this fact if you don't do aw.

As for agreeing with @Rap , he really doesn't know what he's talking about, hence all the disagreements from the majority.

If you are struggling in epic level 1 then that's on your lack of ability not the tools or the overall difficulty.

The symbiote at r4 can wipe entire paths unenhanced in those early few epic levels. At r5 he can do the same to all epic levels.

Mid level players and noobies haven't any grounds to moan and ask for more handouts. Time to accept you don't have the necessary skills and experience to tackle the opponent's if you can't do the same as others with the same tool.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    This is a promotion of a motion picture. It is a seperate componant of the game and a marketing tool for the movie and the game. It is not being used effectively to promote the game! At the very least the same number of cats should have been awarded at every level so everyone could experience a maxed out champ. It would not change the outcome for any of you but would have sustained the new base by letting them experience success and collect a few hard to aquire items. It would not effect your alliances status, it would not not be enough probably to "make" them but at least it wouldn't break them!

Yes because giving people something thats hard to get for a lower effort and then returning to the norm where they can't get any of it unless they spend a few hours a day grinding for it is a great idea...I can't see any problem with letting people get 2500 6* shards in the first month of their account, and the other 7500 after half a year or so (and that's relatively optimistic).

That would definitely make me want to play more, experiencing a total reward vacuum after the first month.

And come on dude, the entire player base has come this far without needing to "experience success and collect a few hard to acquire items," I'm sure the new guys can too.