**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Kabam change Doctor Strange back to how he originally was?

13»

Comments

• Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Yes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LcpH2pOQs

Some pre-12.0 Dr. Strange Game-play. Watch this and make up your mind for yourself. Personally, I don't see how he's overpowered like this, according to today's standards. But that's just me.

Yeah he really is not over-powered at all. It is astounding to see that some people think he would be over powered, it just makes no sense.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Yes
    It’s “strange” to think of a pre-12.0 in the modern contest.

I’ve but vague memories of his 4/40 4* glory but that was alas after leadership so not quite his hayday. This contest has changed and to be frank I don’t see Pre-12.0 Stephen doing well in the modern era.

Simple Counter Spells would not fare well. Loki, Voodoo, and even Hood and Sympreme would stare him crosseyed as nothing more than a lousy Medusa hunter. Sure he’d probably knock Hood down a peg but not much else

Sure King Groot and Korg would both dispse even a modern 5* of him but to what end?

Node that flood bosses with buffs already fall to the rest of Mystic class like a deck of cards. And Ronan/Voodoo and especially Magik/Morningstar would not yield their positions and again his symbiotically enhanced successor who bolsters Venom and Carnage beside him would not be forgiving when resources are handed out

We also have to think of nodes and the meta. A DS on defense is a mere parlor trick. Hyperion can barely hold up and as a mystic class defender he would also have to stand against Blade. Furthermore we have the likes of Omega Red, Emma Frost, Sentinel, Buffet, the new soft buffed Juggernaut, who all would be unkind to him. Not to mention things such as Aspect of Chaos, and general Heal Block or Sp1 Lock or tyranny nodes that would overall make entire lanes his blind spot.

A king lost to time cannot simply return and expect his old crown back. Even IF returned to Pre-12.0 he’d be living entirely on unique synergy to stand out. Nothing short of a full redesign and 5* unveiling would be able to bring him back to godhood.

He may have been a god but when his status relied on so many interconnected abilities, it only truly takes a few meta changes to tear him down