**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act2 of Tryco. It’s not as worth it as it should be

2»

Comments

• Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @Jestress

Even using Magik for Magik that’s a big amount of Limbo damage to bite. Blade I only mention as the be-all because that regen.

Hyperion… I AM DONE trying to get you people to understand that power gain ONLY WORKS IF HE UNCROSSES HIS DAMN ARMS

Iceman… GIVE ME YOUR SAVERTOOTH/MEPHISTO/
    WOLVERINE/X23/IMIW/ (you get the point) and I’ll happily never complain about iceman EVER again!

Void: ugh yanno the worst part about him is that he’s the most skill based cheap-damage fight that outside content like this you never pay more than 2 seconds fighting. This is the 1 fight I’ll agree I needed more patience with but overall wasn’t the worst compared to the HYPE-Turtle

Corvus: not bad actually was the only time I was truly enjoying the challenge. Yeah his crits through block were a bit on the cheap side but overall he wasn’t as bad as he could have been. Really only that last one that truly felt “damning” because it was so far in that I had to bite a revive and barely killed him on the second try cause of his mission
  • Options
    @V1PER1987 give me a hyperion that drops his block long enough for me to land a stagger.

I’m not even complaining that his power gain by itself is bad. I’m complaining that all he did was CROSS HIS ARMS AND AUTOMATICALLY WIN BY NOT LETTING ME HAVE ANY CHANCE AT DOING ANYTHING!

What part of “I LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN TOUCH HIM BECAUSE HE NEVER DROPS HIS BLOCK” makes you think I can control his power. (Well actually maybe P99 but I don’t have one duped)
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @V1PER1987 give me a hyperion that drops his block long enough for me to land a stagger.

I’m not even complaining that his power gain by itself is bad. I’m complaining that all he did was CROSS HIS ARMS AND AUTOMATICALLY WIN BY NOT LETTING ME HAVE ANY CHANCE AT DOING ANYTHING!

What part of “I LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN TOUCH HIM BECAUSE HE NEVER DROPS HIS BLOCK” makes you think I can control his power. (Well actually maybe P99 but I don’t have one duped)

I’m sorry but I have a really hard time believing Hype literally does nothing but hold block until L3 in multiple different fights. I’ve fought him at least 20 times in chapter 2 and the only time he’s gotten L3 is when I’m constantly hitting him trying to nullify his power gain with SW and RNG was just not on my side.
  • Options

You know what helps? I find it if while they're just holding their arms, if you hit into their block 2-3 times, they're more inclined to actually move or use a special. It's worked for me, doesn't hurt trying.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    It’s so weird that people seem to be finishing the quest, given that he just stands there and never ever uncrosses his arms. It’s almost like he’s uncrossing his arms sometimes.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It’s one thing to do this as a 6-part quest but all at once considering the amount of absurdity the average player without perfect counters is going to struggle through a FOUR STAR GEM is almost not worth it and those 6* shards have Deadpool X-Force in it so not exactly a proper carrot worth getting smacked with a stick the size of your average Mastiff.

The T5B fragments *alone* are enough enticement for me to shoot for. Everything else is gravy, but no player has no use for 6* shards and T2 alpha cats.

Depending on your definition of "average player" if the average player isn't uncollected and regularly completing uncollected monthly difficulty, yes, the average player is going to struggle through chapter two. Average players defined that way aren't the intended target for chapter two. The target of chapter two found ways to defeat Ice Phoenix, unblockable guillotine, uncollected thanos, Aegon, Emma, and mega-buff Symbiote. That's the crowd that chapter is appropriate for.

I think I skipped Ice Phoenix but yeah those weren’t even on my radar aside from Thanos and kinda the War Guilloine. I’m mostly talking about the gems and shards. The T5B frags are nice but let’s be REAL about r5… it’s a parlor trick! Nothing in the game has even been designed with r5 on the scope as “normal” yet and for a long time nothing will be exclusive that the ever growing r4 rosters won’t be able to slice through. Act5.4 was made with r4 in mind and people still cruising with 4*s. The idea that anyone has such an edge with an r5 more or less than someone else is kinda laughable in the context of “the entire history of the game” being overcome by people too skilled and stubborn to die simply because the enemy has bigger numbers.

Players come in all skill levels. What someone can easily do with a 5/50 others might struggle doing even with a 5/65. Game content doesn't explicitly "target" a specific roster, it targets a difficulty. Player ability is a combination of roster and skill, and different players have differing amounts of those. It is even more complicated than that because skill isn't linear: if someone can breeze through one uncollected month with 5/50s and another player struggles with a team of 4/55s, that doesn't mean they couldn't be completely reversed in the following month.

I have a 5/65, and I still use 5/50s simply because I don't have an unlimited roster of 4/55s. I still use 5/50s in event quests, and even sometimes in AQ (my dedicated morningstar killer during those weeks is a 5/50 GR). There are 5/50s I could use awakening gems on that would be useful in theory, and if it is even possible for me there have to be lots of players for whom it is far more likely - because I'm an arena grinder and thus my roster is wider than average. There must be lots of players who have a "deeper" roster that could be stronger in some areas but have more gaps.

The 4* gem is one reward among many, and that reflects the fact that even for the players capable of completing chapter 2 players have a wide range of desires. They don't all want or need the exact same things.
  • Options
    It’s one thing to do this as a 6-part quest but all at once considering the amount of absurdity the average player without perfect counters is going to struggle through a FOUR STAR GEM is almost not worth it and those 6* shards have Deadpool X-Force in it so not exactly a proper carrot worth getting smacked with a stick the size of your average Mastiff.

The T5B fragments *alone* are enough enticement for me to shoot for. Everything else is gravy, but no player has no use for 6* shards and T2 alpha cats.

Depending on your definition of "average player" if the average player isn't uncollected and regularly completing uncollected monthly difficulty, yes, the average player is going to struggle through chapter two. Average players defined that way aren't the intended target for chapter two. The target of chapter two found ways to defeat Ice Phoenix, unblockable guillotine, uncollected thanos, Aegon, Emma, and mega-buff Symbiote. That's the crowd that chapter is appropriate for.

I think I skipped Ice Phoenix but yeah those weren’t even on my radar aside from Thanos and kinda the War Guilloine. I’m mostly talking about the gems and shards. The T5B frags are nice but let’s be REAL about r5… it’s a parlor trick! Nothing in the game has even been designed with r5 on the scope as “normal” yet and for a long time nothing will be exclusive that the ever growing r4 rosters won’t be able to slice through. Act5.4 was made with r4 in mind and people still cruising with 4*s. The idea that anyone has such an edge with an r5 more or less than someone else is kinda laughable in the context of “the entire history of the game” being overcome by people too skilled and stubborn to die simply because the enemy has bigger numbers.

Players come in all skill levels. What someone can easily do with a 5/50 others might struggle doing even with a 5/65. Game content doesn't explicitly "target" a specific roster, it targets a difficulty. Player ability is a combination of roster and skill, and different players have differing amounts of those. It is even more complicated than that because skill isn't linear: if someone can breeze through one uncollected month with 5/50s and another player struggles with a team of 4/55s, that doesn't mean they couldn't be completely reversed in the following month.

I have a 5/65, and I still use 5/50s simply because I don't have an unlimited roster of 4/55s. I still use 5/50s in event quests, and even sometimes in AQ (my dedicated morningstar killer during those weeks is a 5/50 GR). There are 5/50s I could use awakening gems on that would be useful in theory, and if it is even possible for me there have to be lots of players for whom it is far more likely - because I'm an arena grinder and thus my roster is wider than average. There must be lots of players who have a "deeper" roster that could be stronger in some areas but have more gaps.

The 4* gem is one reward among many, and that reflects the fact that even for the players capable of completing chapter 2 players have a wide range of desires. They don't all want or need the exact same things.

A good example of this is the Variant quest. Chapter 1 exploration was such a **** show for me because it was dependent on my skill/mutant roster which is my weakest. While some of my alliance members breezed through it, I was there with an r4 Hawkeye and a 4* AA trying to get through it.
    But then Chapter 2 was so good to me besides that BS Science Ultron boss, I used 5* R4 Sparky, OGV, SL. and my R5 GR and MS. Definitely a smoother run.
  • Options
    Y’all folks who keep suggesting power control when I literally ended up having to take LC (my only battle ready Sp3 sponge) and take a Sp3 to the face to get him to uncross his arms. It was like facing the worst version of oscilate
  • Options
    Jestress wrote: »
    Y’all folks who keep suggesting power control when I literally ended up having to take LC (my only battle ready Sp3 sponge) and take a Sp3 to the face to get him to uncross his arms. It was like facing the worst version of oscilate

You missed the joke -_-

That's why you never go full...
  • Options
    WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Magik… is a (removed my moderator) of you don’t have blade and even then without Sparky your regen might be hard pressed unless you’re r4-r5. Or Magik but unless yours is duped too you’re not walking away easily

Hyperion: let us get this straight. IF he baits he’s arguably the easiest champ to fight. If he doesn’t *luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing* applies here as well. Even with proper counters he’s gonna be a complete tool about baiting half the time

Iceman, literally taking about 40% of my r4 tech class STAR LORD’s health (no suicides, and boosted by 20% champion boost) is never a fair fight unless you have one of 3 champions ranked up and odds are 2 of those aren’t because you’d only use them for defense 99% of the time and diversity is the worst thing on the planet.

Void. Yanno a panicked button mashing experience where if you’re too slow you die is boring. Just ask Starfy. Again I’m Aware Blade exists but you ain’t fitting Ghost Rider onto this team without a fight.

Corvus is a champion, whom brings back memories of UC Ægon. Arguably the most “fair fight” here and it still feels stilted heavily on who you have available in your roster.

Wow blade would literally solve ALL 5 of those fights except Hyperion and in pretty sure Ghost Rider purists will attest that he works just fine to counter Hype’s power gain. Or have a good bait game with blade

@Epsilon3

Who I Used and they worked pretty well,

Magik: took her out with blade probably for me the easiest fight out of the bunch.

Hyperion: I hate this guy i really do, i brought in Luke Cage to mash his teeth in and Ghost rider finished him off for me(had to use a lot of revives on this guy not going to hide it)

Iceman: I beat him with IMIW not that bad of a fight with him.

Void: Once again Blade smashed this guy not that bad of a fight for me.

Corvus: I alternated between Domino or ghost Rider, I don't fight him often so evading his attacks were a bit of a challenge.

The Champion: Much as I would like to say I one-shoted him, I did not came really close with Domino and polished him off with ghost rider.

Overall i really liked this quest and would like to see more like it.