**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Compensation for 8% 12% Class Boosts? [Merged Threads] [Admin: Comp Coming]

Comments

• correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    I want every single loyaly Ive spent on these boosts reinbursed. Should be a couple of hundred thousand.
  • TimeTravelerTimeTraveler Posts: 41
    Indeed, we have spent thousands of loyalty on these boosts. We need a refund of it and a compensation too for all the time we didn’t know this and Kabam let us keep spending loyalty.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 751 ★★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Literally just used a bunch of these boosts on the champions quest that just came out. Props to whoever took the time out to see that nothing was changing and called them out on it (assuming that's what happened)

we actually discovered this one ourselves - we do do that sometimes ;)

Heh, you said do do. But in a serious note, are you (kabam) going to figure out how long it has been broken and be transparent about it?
  • If you as a organization think this is funny, then google play and app store will be notified if your compensation is similar to the last multiple times you have failed to properly compensate. Everyone take screenshots of this thread and act accordingly. Unacceptable and thieving
  • TimeTravelerTimeTraveler Posts: 41
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    n5updmoc0jrb.jpg

This is my current class 5,8 and 12% boosts. Almost full. It costs 5k, 7k and 10k loyalty per boost respectively. This is my current situation and my situation has been same since the war seasons and these boosts came out. I use them on wars and keep on refilling them with loyalty. It's not even close to 100k loyalty. We are talking in 1000k or even more loyalty. This is going to be such a huge compensation if they even care to calculate how much everyone used loyalty to actually purchase boosts that were practically a placebo. I doubt they will be able to even calculate who bought how many boosts and then even compensate such large amount. Totally ridiculous.

I seriously want all my loyalty that I used on fake boosts. End of the story.

Besides, we were cheated by Kabam since they discovered it for allowing us to keep using such boosts. We lost fights potentially, which could have won. Who knows what would have changed... How to compensate for this?

I feel like it never worked at all and we spending our loyalty on nothing. Will Kabam compensate on units I spent on revives or potions I could have bought using loyalty instead?

This is no minor bug and what makes me mad is the fact Kabam put this in the release as something with no importance at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Prence84 wrote: »
    If you as a organization think this is funny, then google play and app store will be notified if your compensation is similar to the last multiple times you have failed to properly compensate. Everyone take screenshots of this thread and act accordingly. Unacceptable and thieving

I can assure you, no one thinks this is funny - and we will definitely be looking at the compensation carefully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Now we wait for the "we discovered they only stopped working 1 week ago, since this affected everyone equally and it's too hard to go back and work out what everyone spent, there doesn't need to be any compensation" message.

I can assure you, that won't happen. It will take us some time to pull the data surrounding those impacted, but we absolutely will. For everyone in-game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    Hey folks, thank you for the extra feedback here. We can understand where you're coming from, and I've mentioned that to the team. This issue was discovered quite recently, so we have not known about it for long - but I can understand your concerns re: further transparency. Regarding turning the items off in the in-game store, the team spoke about that but it's a very risky last minute change and could result in breaking something which we want to avoid. If someone is not aware of this issue and spends loyalty on these boosts, they will still be compensated so they will not be negatively impacted in that regard :)

I don't know if it's been discussed or planned, but has an in-game message been considered? It probably needs to be done so all players know about it(I imagine some, if not most, don't go to these forums) and can plan accordingly. Otherwise, I don't think it's a good look on your part. Just wondering about that.
    correborre wrote: »
    I want every single loyaly Ive spent on these boosts reinbursed. Should be a couple of hundred thousand.

We will be looking at loyalty spent on the boosts that were not working, our goal is to be fair in how we reimburse. It will take us some time to pull the data, but we definitely want to be thorough.

I realize you are focusing on those that have spent loyalty, but please do not forget that there are those of us who get them from the war crystals and continue to use them not knowing they were useless. Essentially the war crystals have given us useless rewards for however long this has been going on.

I'm not sure how they would compensate that. War Crystals, perhaps. Obviously that's up to them to figure out. Just has me curious. In any event, she said they will compensate properly.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    edited December 2018
    n5updmoc0jrb.jpg

This is my current class 5,8 and 12% boosts. Almost full. It costs 5k, 7k and 10k loyalty per boost respectively. This is my current situation and my situation has been same since the war seasons and these boosts came out. I use them on wars and keep on refilling them with loyalty. It's not even close to 100k loyalty. We are talking in 1000k or even more loyalty. This is going to be such a huge compensation if they even care to calculate how much everyone used loyalty to actually purchase boosts that were practically a placebo. I doubt they will be able to even calculate who bought how many boosts and then even compensate such large amount. Totally ridiculous.

If they can analyze how much you spent during the affected time period then you should be compensated for used items. Obviously items in inventory don’t need to be compensated.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Prence84 wrote: »
    If you as a organization think this is funny, then google play and app store will be notified if your compensation is similar to the last multiple times you have failed to properly compensate. Everyone take screenshots of this thread and act accordingly. Unacceptable and thieving

you are the embodiment of let me talk to your manager.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Bummer... i bought so many...all those wasted war crystals too... should have hoped for the so very useful 3* arena boosts lol
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,171 ★★★
    CFree wrote: »
    n5updmoc0jrb.jpg

If they can analyze how much you spent during the affected time period then you should be compensated for used items. Obviously items in inventory don’t need to be compensated.

I was just showing how refilled is my inventory. I keep it using and keep it refilled. I never asked for anything to be compensated which actually works. Which was what we were thinking till now and hence buying.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    I can only hope we get our refund. This was basically false advertising to be honest, whether it was purposeful or not. I'm only asking for a due refund in Loyalty... NO extra stuff (Yes, that includes RDT's).

To be honest, if it wasn’t purposeful then it wasn’t false advertising.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    CFree wrote: »
    I can only hope we get our refund. This was basically false advertising to be honest, whether it was purposeful or not. I'm only asking for a due refund in Loyalty... NO extra stuff (Yes, that includes RDT's).

To be honest, if it wasn’t purposeful then it wasn’t false advertising.

The only way it's not false advertising is if they only found out the boosts weren't working minutes before the announcement and they ceased selling them immediately, which I think we can safely say none of that is true.

Also a great point made about war victory crystals, essentially every time we pulled one of those we got nothing.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    How about some insight into actually how long not only have Kabam known about this issue but how long it has been an issue.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    Is this a discussion or a cricifixion? Good Lord people. They've responded, quite respectfully I might add. This is a bit over the top. What gain would they get in people spending Loyalty, which isn't purchased, knowing it was broken? They just recently discovered it and fixed it, and now are working on Compensation. Being upset is perfectly fine. Implying some sort of deception is not only extra, it's not logical.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Hi Guys.. Thanks for addressing this and fixing. I saw a comment somewhere suggesting this was only discovered recently. I did a quick search on the Kabam forums and found this was brought up in January of 2017. I'm sure that Kabam wasn't aware of it at that time. I realize you are still looking into the issue and I don't even know if it's possible for you guys to go that far back, but i'd think if the problem has been around at least that long.. however you decide to compensate for it.. it's looking like it could be a ways back.. below is the link i'm referring to.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/44711/why-class-boosts-doesnt-work-on-lol