**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thor gaining fury during soul imprisonment???

How is Thor gaining fury during soul imprisonment from mephisto?? It surely has to be a bug.fwuiebwzkogl.png

Comments

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Some other champs have that bug too. I can't specifically remember which champion though. I just ignore the bug tbh. So tired to report to KABAM and nothing change
  • Goldcup7Goldcup7 Posts: 42
    So this bug has been around for a long time. I just noticed recently when fighting Thor with Mephisto that he gets furies during Soul Imprisonment. Needs fixing for sure.

• Hey there, could you let us know what quest you encountered this in and what nodes were active at the time?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019

Hey there, could you let us know what quest you encountered this in and what nodes were active at the time?

Hi Zibiit.

I encountered this today, in the Attack the Nexus Side Quests, both Master and Epic:

The only nodes active were Global attack boosts, and the Warning: SP3 node.

Moto G5Plus, latest Android, btw.

Further details:
    I mostly saw this on his guaranteed Fury when parried. It doesn't happen all the time; but if you parry three or four times, it'll almost certainly happen.

I got these pictures in the first 15 seconds. However I bet the problem gets worse as the fight goes on. I'm no programmer, but I suspect it's something to do with however this passive ability of Thor's is encoded:

Hope that helps! Whilst they're fixing this, if the Devs wanted to slightly improved his Sig Fury to provide better than a 20% Attack boost, I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints...
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Hey there, could you let us know what quest you encountered this in and what nodes were active at the time?

Hi Zibiit.

I encountered this today, in the Attack the Nexus Side Quests, both Master and Epic:

The only nodes active were Global attack boosts, and the Warning: SP3 node.

Moto G5Plus, latest Android, btw.

Further details:
    I mostly saw this on his guaranteed Fury when parried. It doesn't happen all the time; but if you parry three or four times, it'll almost certainly happen.

I got these pictures in the first 15 seconds. However I bet the problem gets worse as the fight goes on. I'm no programmer, but I suspect it's something to do with however this passive ability of Thor's is encoded:

Hope that helps! Whilst they're fixing this, if the Devs wanted to slightly improved his Sig Fury to provide better than a 20% Attack boost, I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints...
    Ah, did not realise OG thor's fury had a chance to go beyond 100% chance to activate. That my friend is the answer to your bug. Mephisto soul imprisonment reduces chance to activate buff by 100% and Thor can gain up to 150% chance to activate fury buff the longer the fight goes on. So 150 -100 = 50% chance to activate a fury buff.
  • Hang on, @Magrailothos says that this occurred inside the 1st 15 seconds of the fight. During the 1st cycle of Soul Imprisonment (which only last 15 seconds), Thor shouldn't be gaining Fury Buffs. Says 'Maximum 150% increase,' not starts at. Now if I'm reading this correctly, +150% chance means he'd (potentially) have a max 250% chance to proc Fury after a minute and a half. Provided his starting chance to proc is 100%. Regardless of his starting percentage being between 0-100%, I would have to agree that this shouldn't be occurring inside the first 15 seconds. After 30 seconds, he could be liable to bypass Soul Imprisonment, after a minute, for sure would bypass Soul Imprisonment. So yeah, probably a bug.
  • @Kabam Zibiit I was playing Arena when this happened. Is it fixed now ?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

@Kabam Zibiit I was playing Arena when this happened. Is it fixed now ?

Haji_Saab said:

150% chance to trigger vs 100% chance to stop buffs. Hence the anomaly, I think.

@DevilSlayer12 This^^^^
    I tested it in a duel match and Thor got a fury buff at 12 sec.

Almost a year and still not fixed.....lol
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★

Yeah, it was the first cycle; so shouldn't have been a major increase in Thor's chance to proc Fury.

The thing is though, that the description of Soul Imprisonment doesn't (in theory) reduce the chance to proc buffs by 100%, or any other %. It says no buffs. Period. The game effect doesn't match the in-game description.

So it's definitely a bug, very similar to Fate Seal failing vs Angela's Regeneration. But I reckon Thor's passive ability is likely to be part of the problem.

Just to compare with Fate Seal failing vs Angela:

Read Angela’s sig ability

Yeah, it was the first cycle; so shouldn't have been a major increase in Thor's chance to proc Fury.

The thing is though, that the description of Soul Imprisonment doesn't (in theory) reduce the chance to proc buffs by 100%, or any other %. It says no buffs. Period. The game effect doesn't match the in-game description.

So it's definitely a bug, very similar to Fate Seal failing vs Angela's Regeneration. But I reckon Thor's passive ability is likely to be part of the problem.

Just to compare with Fate Seal failing vs Angela:

Read Angela’s sig ability
    That Angel is unawakened.
    Djin said:

I tested it in a duel match and Thor got a fury buff at 12 sec.

Almost a year and still not fixed.....lol

Just here to correct one mistake. 12 sec time also include the loading time and running animation. Actually the fury buff activated at 6 secs after the fight started. You can see the imprisonment timer it's not at 50% yet.