**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Tiered 5 star crystals

First of all don't really believe the pulls are random. They seem tilted to low rated champs. How about tier catalysts? Not sure about the percentages, but this is just for thought.
15000 shards- 20% featured, 30% above ave, 40% ave and 10% below ave.
10000 shards- 10% featured, 15% above ave, 60% ave and 25%below ave
5000 shards- 1% featured, 5% above ave, 30% ave and 64% below ave
The rating would be from a tier list from Seatin etc.

Comments

• Options
    aldisco1aldisco1 Posts: 18
    Featured would be the actually featured champs without the throw in low champs.
  • Options
    Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    It may be random, it may not be random. The bottom line is most of the champs in the 10k crystal are not champs you want anyway. Even if it was totally a roll of the dice with equal chance for every champ, you are most likely to get a champ you don’t want.
  • Options
    DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Face it...the odds to get who you really want aren’t very good. This is a game at the carnival.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    random does not mean that they are are not also weighted. If you have 1% change to get something and 99% chance to get something else it is still random, it is just weighted random.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    They won't ever do it. The closest you are going to get to Kabam saying any champ is god tier or less is in The Champions abilities which lists what champions that character considers "the best". Other than that, they wont admit to champs being better or worse than other champs. Just not gonna happen.

Seatin is a YouTuber but doesnt represent Kabams views on champs. That tier list is his opinion on who he thinks belong where. The community greatly influences what champs are considered trash or God.
  • Options
    aldisco1 wrote: »
    First of all don't really believe the pulls are random. They seem tilted to low rated champs. How about tier catalysts? Not sure about the percentages, but this is just for thought.

Hey Kabam, I don't believe you when you tell me what the crystal odds are. Can you make different crystals with these odds instead?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Hey Kabam, I don't believe you when you tell me what the crystal odds are. Can you make different crystals with these odds instead?

That's what occurred to me. Essentially that would make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

We’ve done the math and the numbers just don’t add up. Literally, the 10,000 shard crystal doesn’t add up.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    I highly doubt that they're going to coincide the pulls with Seatin's Tier List. They listen to the feedback YouTubers provide, but that doesn't mean they share the same views on their own product. I doubt very highly they consider any part of their production "garbage".
  • Options
    Lormif wrote: »
    random does not mean that they are are not also weighted. If you have 1% change to get something and 99% chance to get something else it is still random, it is just weighted random.

Random does not mean unweighted. However, Kabam has stated multiple times they don't weight the crystal drops except in the ways the crystals specify. If you don't believe Kabam when they say they are unweighted, I don't know why you would believe them when they say the drops are randomly generated. And I don't know what possible benefit could accrue from suggesting they change the odds of the crystals, since you wouldn't believe them if they said they made that change anyway.

It is also amazing how this weighting always seems to show up in tiny numbers of drops, but never in large data sets gathered by the players. It has to be weighted in such a way to produce a random distribution when the game detects itself being somehow recorded, or if the player is submitting data to Reddit.

As statisticians like to say, that would be a neat trick.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Huge red flag once Seatin’s list was mentioned.
  • Options
    Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I think they should just lower the shard numbers from 10 k to 8 k on basic pool 5 stars. It would lessen my disappointment when I end up with groot again. Please make it cheaper to put a lump of coal in my stocking.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    One of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen posted here. You should be ashamed for even thinking of it.
  • Options
    SlayerKingSlayerKing Posts: 75
    @AxeCopFire spreading your HATE everywhere bro chill! Don't have to comment on everything
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Why does it have to be seatins list? There are a bunch of champs he has on the list that should be moved around.