Options

War stress is real...just some of my thoughts

WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
Just watching Seatin’s video about current state of wars and his frustrations and I totally agree!

I don’t have any solution or opinion for the stress from competition. I personally have no interest in participating at that level so I stick with tier 5 gold 1… Seems to be a happy medium for me.

Personally I feel like FGMC crystals and the ability to “buy” five stars kicked kabam in the foot development wise. (Obviously a huge plus for the bank account) People instantly increasing their “ abilities” to complete end game content simply by acquiring the best champs. Thereby forcing kabam to accelerate development by coming up with tougher content to challenge players who have completed everything and are “bored“. I understand champs aren’t everything but, let’s be honest, it’s a big part... sorry I digress.

I honestly think an easy solution to alleviate some stress is just make potions and boosts acquirable through playing and grinding and not JUST buying. Even if it were a separate (permanent)arena or quest. Grind for small potions/revives/boosts maybe even fragments of larger ones after each fight with a chance at larger ones. Maybe it would be tiered where you continually progress and drop rates get better but opponents get tougher… not Ridiculously tough with boosts just hp and attack... it wouldn’t be about competitiveness simply time and grind. have a separate “store“ that allows you to trade in small pots/revives/boosts for larger ones. Maybe even have a currency swap so you can trade in gold for units.

Just kind of spit balling here but I think it would be a win-win for Kabam and, most importantly… The player base. It would keep us engaged in the game but also feel like playing this game wasn’t all about buying units to spend on health and boosts especially if you want to play at the higher levels where you can start earning the resources we all REALLY need.

I know there are holes in my suggestion that I’m sure will be pointed out. I didn’t put together a flow chart and flush this thing out... just thought I would share some thoughts...
«1

Comments

  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    These quest/arenas could also just be where you only use one and two star champs... finally have a use for those 😂
  • Options
    Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    AW could be so interesting if it was more focused on being just about skills and intuition. Don't get me wrong, those high tier player as very very skilled, much more than I am for sure. But what if there were no potions or boosts available, everyone would be required to use same rank of champions depending on tier in war etc. Kabam would still keep the nodes on so that champion placements and variety would still matter greatly (i.e. motivating players to acquire new champions and rank them up etc) ....but it would make it more about individual's skills rather than unit spending. Just a thought
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    SandeepS wrote: »
    Stop wars. Split the season rewards into the win/ loss rewards. If you lose one, look forward to the next. Takes away stress but keeps competitiveness

    100% best solution. It would cost Kabam a lot in lost revenue from pts and boosts, but ti would priolly help in the long run with people being happier in the game.
  • Options
    Have you tried matching against opponents who are 700+ war rating points lower than your alliance? It does wonders for players wanting to consistently rank in master tier with minimal item use.

    You win today. Kudos.

    We just don't care about war and are running no item wars. It's hard to not care when we're all from very competitive alliances but it's a good break.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    I honestly think an easy solution to alleviate some stress is just make potions and boosts acquirable through playing and grinding and not JUST buying. Even if it were a separate (permanent)arena or quest.

    Potions and boosts are already available through playing and grinding... grind arena --> earn battlechips ---> buy arena crystals --> get units --> buy potions and boosts

    This is the only way I've ever bought potions for war, no spending cash or Glory.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The issue is that many ppl like war

    Not very many things in this game require skill. Shallow evade, evading War Machine special and a few others. Mostly everything else is understanding the games AI.

    The most difficult part of the game has little to do with skill and more to do with the nodes the devs set up. If it’s a straight up fight many ppl can beat the content with 3* Champs.
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    @AxeCopFire aside from pretty terrible Drop rate for units especially compared to the amount of units potions and revives cost... Units are used for other things. Some people saving for a labyrinth run, some to buy FGMC, some to buy yearly special offerings... Sure, if your only interest is in wars that’s great. But people have different goals.

    Personally I get by using very few items so glory pretty well supports my war. I just see alliance mates using lots of items and CLEARY the overall frustration is real even if it isn’t for you or me.

    I’m also thinking of the higher tier of war or even AQ. Some of us would love to compete at those higher levels to start earning the rewards we really need but the simple cost requirement of competing at that level… Healing up every fight, Max boosting (You can’t get those 30% boosts with buying the 1400 unit deal far as I know) and don’t say “you don’t HAVE to, Just get good... “

    I just think it would be nice to be able to ACQUIRE items and save units for everything else you WANT. not everyone is as good as everyone else or has the same champs but still wants to play for better rewards. Even if it’s just Map 6. But you can’t risk it as an alliance because some people in your alliance need all the potions and revives for war and the burden would be too much to ask them to spend on quest (just as an example)
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    @DNA3000 I did say at the very beginning of my post that I didn’t have a solution or any ideas to solve the stress of competition 😂

    Watching his vid just got me thinking... about ALL aspects of game
  • Options
    WiMak wrote: »
    @DNA3000 I did say at the very beginning of my post that I didn’t have a solution or any ideas to solve the stress of competition 😂

    Well, you changed your mind a couple sentences later:
    WiMak wrote: »
    I honestly think an easy solution to alleviate some stress is just make potions and boosts acquirable through playing and grinding and not JUST buying.

  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    4 week long seasons is just way too long. One mistake on day one can screw an entire alliance for the rest of the month. Don't get a match? Forget to place? Don't take down a boss? Get a server crash? Better luck next month.
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited December 2018
    @DNA3000 First off, my last comment was just supposed to be playful in response to you saying that my post addressed a completely different issue. I guess I shouldn’t have mentioned his video...? Although you will recall him mentioning healing up would cost him five potions = 500 units = $$

    Second, Why are we splitting this particular hair? I said:
    - I don’t have a solution to the stress of COMPETITION

    -Easy solution to ALLEVIATE SOME stress… (not yelling just emphasizing 😉)

    Either way, I respect that the current system suits you just fine. Maybe it perfectly suits everybody in your alliance. In every alliance I’ve been, there have always been a few, sometimes quite a few people who hang with us but cost them a little more and kicking them to the curb simply because a bunch of us would like to move to map six just doesn’t sit right . Having more readily available resources would help a VERY large Portion of the community. One size doesn’t fit all when you’re talking about thousands of people, is all I’m saying.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    For many the current system is a good compromise. Longer seasons meant getting tied up and committed for a longer period of time to an alliance (as far as having to play more wars). Shorter seasons make it more intense. The break between seasons is the time to recoup from the stress of a season of war.

    IMHO it's about finding an alliance that suits your playing time, abilities and expectations that you can meet.

    Remember this IS a game. That sounds obvious, but it is easy to forget sometimes.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Step down a frikkin tier ... so many people on this forum just want to drag the whole top level contest to their personal level .. when there are lower levels available to them! That’s selfish in the extreme
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    You guys do realize that nobody in this post has really complained about their alliance, or their war. Maybe read the posts instead of just assuming people are complaining and telling people to stop whining or go to another alliance. I’m happy in my alliance where I’m at. Just saying wars can be stressful and I think it would be nice to be able to acquire some of these items through other aspects of the game. Just a discussion you don’t HAVE to participate in. So in other words I’m not “always asking for more rewards every feaking day and then come here crying like a little bich” nor was seatin in his vid.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    You guys do realize that nobody in this post has really complained about their alliance, or their war. Maybe read the posts instead of just assuming people are complaining and telling people to stop whining or go to another alliance. I’m happy in my alliance where I’m at. Just saying wars can be stressful and I think it would be nice to be able to acquire some of these items through other aspects of the game. Just a discussion you don’t HAVE to participate in. So in other words I’m not “always asking for more rewards every feaking day and then come here crying like a little bich” nor was seatin in his vid.

    Package it whatever way but that is essentially what u r saying ... war is stressful so do u want a support group or a help line telephone number to talk about your PTSD? U r essentially pushing towards a non competitive system
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 ★★★★★
    4 week long seasons is just way too long. One mistake on day one can screw an entire alliance for the rest of the month. Don't get a match? Forget to place? Don't take down a boss? Get a server crash? Better luck next month.

    It's already been reduced from its initial format. How much shorter can it get before it's no longer a Season?
  • Options
    HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    If you find wars too stressful the join an alliance with less stressful wars. It’s really rather simple and it’s something I’ve done.

    Now, Would this concept cause you so much grief and anxiety that you can’t bare the idea of leaving your alliance mates and a bit more rewards?

    Snap out of it!

    Remember it’s stress that’s causing these thoughts in your head and real life common sense would tell one to step back a bit and enjoy other aspects of the game.


  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Actually taking a break fro AW & AQ to get act 5 to 100%.

    Haven’t felt this good playing in a while. Miss the war rewards but act 5 rewards is worth it also
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    1) Isn't true that many people like AW Season. From my point of view, after listening to hundred of players, they like the rewards but they absolutely hate AW and yes, they all said AW is stressful.

    2) If you suggest to join an alliance with less stressful wars, well you admit AW is someway broken. The problem is not the item price (well, actually that is a problem), but the fact that you can't fail or you get treated like **** from the rest of your members.

    Also, sometimes joining a smaller alliance is even more problematic and stressful... There are players with small roster who can't compete in AQ - AW - EQ every day, and while you use items and the best champions, they simply don't because they care about EQ the most. And we all lose wars...

    3) Items cost. The real big problem here is that items have the same cost since the beginning of this game. But while years ago spending 100 units for a LV4 Health Potion was suitable and good enough to heal up your 4* R4 champion (if not 3*), today the same potion for the same units is almost useless for a 5* R5 champion who has to fight against a boss who's dealing the same amount of damage even if you block.

    The game is outdated in many aspects (rewards, crystals), maybe this is the most relevant.

    4) The whole AW system is broken. They created a system in which you need to have the best champions in order to compete and spend money/items in order to win. You don't need skill, you only need money to buy AW wins.
  • Options
    skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    The problem is we all want to compete in high tiers for the rewards. To get those rare rank up items, kabam need to stop being such Scrooge's with t2 alphas and t5 basics, they should add t5 shards to glory store, and improve rewards for rare items in lower war tiers, players get bored if they cannot progress
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    i have said it many times, war seasons has ruined the game for me, I only stay due to the friendships I have created but I do feel as time to step down is upon me...

    from bad "RNG" luck to the lag and bugs I just don't know how much longer I will hang on to the game
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Hugoo wrote: »
    WiMak wrote: »
    Just watching Seatin’s video about current state of wars and his frustrations and I totally agree!

    I don’t have any solution or opinion for the stress from competition. I personally have no interest in participating at that level so I stick with tier 5 gold 1… Seems to be a happy medium for me.

    Personally I feel like FGMC crystals and the ability to “buy” five stars kicked kabam in the foot development wise. (Obviously a huge plus for the bank account) People instantly increasing their “ abilities” to complete end game content simply by acquiring the best champs. Thereby forcing kabam to accelerate development by coming up with tougher content to challenge players who have completed everything and are “bored“. I understand champs aren’t everything but, let’s be honest, it’s a big part... sorry I digress.

    I honestly think an easy solution to alleviate some stress is just make potions and boosts acquirable through playing and grinding and not JUST buying. Even if it were a separate (permanent)arena or quest. Grind for small potions/revives/boosts maybe even fragments of larger ones after each fight with a chance at larger ones. Maybe it would be tiered where you continually progress and drop rates get better but opponents get tougher… not Ridiculously tough with boosts just hp and attack... it wouldn’t be about competitiveness simply time and grind. have a separate “store“ that allows you to trade in small pots/revives/boosts for larger ones. Maybe even have a currency swap so you can trade in gold for units.

    Just kind of spit balling here but I think it would be a win-win for Kabam and, most importantly… The player base. It would keep us engaged in the game but also feel like playing this game wasn’t all about buying units to spend on health and boosts especially if you want to play at the higher levels where you can start earning the resources we all REALLY need.

    I know there are holes in my suggestion that I’m sure will be pointed out. I didn’t put together a flow chart and flush this thing out... just thought I would share some thoughts...

    That's all your choice. Seatin wants master reward but don't want to spend anything he better learn how to fight or go to 8 mil Alliance so no stress there. Ya always asking for more rewards every feacking day and then come here crying like a like bich

    Relax... dude. It's just a game.
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    You guys do realize that nobody in this post has really complained about their alliance, or their war. Maybe read the posts instead of just assuming people are complaining and telling people to stop whining or go to another alliance. I’m happy in my alliance where I’m at. Just saying wars can be stressful and I think it would be nice to be able to acquire some of these items through other aspects of the game. Just a discussion you don’t HAVE to participate in. So in other words I’m not “always asking for more rewards every feaking day and then come here crying like a little bich” nor was seatin in his vid.

    Package it whatever way but that is essentially what u r saying ... war is stressful so do u want a support group or a help line telephone number to talk about your PTSD? U r essentially pushing towards a non competitive system

    Wow.. take a chill pill
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    1) Isn't true that many people like AW Season. From my point of view, after listening to hundred of players, they like the rewards but they absolutely hate AW and yes, they all said AW is stressful.

    2) If you suggest to join an alliance with less stressful wars, well you admit AW is someway broken. The problem is not the item price (well, actually that is a problem), but the fact that you can't fail or you get treated like **** from the rest of your members.

    Also, sometimes joining a smaller alliance is even more problematic and stressful... There are players with small roster who can't compete in AQ - AW - EQ every day, and while you use items and the best champions, they simply don't because they care about EQ the most. And we all lose wars...

    3) Items cost. The real big problem here is that items have the same cost since the beginning of this game. But while years ago spending 100 units for a LV4 Health Potion was suitable and good enough to heal up your 4* R4 champion (if not 3*), today the same potion for the same units is almost useless for a 5* R5 champion who has to fight against a boss who's dealing the same amount of damage even if you block.

    The game is outdated in many aspects (rewards, crystals), maybe this is the most relevant.

    4) The whole AW system is broken. They created a system in which you need to have the best champions in order to compete and spend money/items in order to win. You don't need skill, you only need money to buy AW wins.



    this I 100% agree with...

    3) Items cost. The real big problem here is that items have the same cost since the beginning of this game. But while years ago spending 100 units for a LV4 Health Potion was suitable and good enough to heal up your 4* R4 champion (if not 3*), today the same potion for the same units is almost useless for a 5* R5 champion who has to fight against a boss who's dealing the same amount of damage even if you block.

    this is so out dated
Sign In or Register to comment.