**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is master even worth it anymore?

Comments

• Options
    Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    I have a very simple solution. Keep the crazy nodes off of Master. Only on uncollected. That would make it fair for everyone.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2019
    We used to do Master with 4/40s. has it become harder or what that people with 5/50 or 4/55s aren't able to do it?

I think if you can't beat an certain level of difficulty, you should enhance your roster and do the easier difficulties so the next time you can do it.
  • Options
    Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Enhance you roster ONLY works if and only if you happen to get the right champs. I know I will never get a 5* blade, corvus or hyp. Still do ok with what I have. Venom was my last R4 5* and is very good against spidey champs. I only open featured Crystal's now and still nothing good. Lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Jemster519 wrote: »
    He is right you know. Average players are now coming up short on Master quest. Regardless of your skill level, you should be able to beat Master if you have some 5* ranked up to R4.

"Regardless of skill level?" If this is what you think, this is not the game for you. I'm not even sure if Farmville is the game for you.
  • Options
    Practicing does NOT help since you are not practicing against the nodes you are coming across. I use to use ROL to practice but that is pointless now since it does not compare to the nodes. For ex. This months 2 boss is MODOK on a node that will build up buffs when you hit him blocking. After 5 nodes, you lose 25% health. He autoblocks so what is the point. You are going to lose 25% health regardless of your skill level. Period. One ex of many......

Practice only helps if you practice the right thing. Autoblocking champs can't block heavy attacks. You have to learn how the game works, then practice the right tactics against the right champions.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I think the problem is that the newer players having access to 5* and 4* much quicker lack the time to build as much skill
  • Options
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that the newer players having access to 5* and 4* much quicker lack the time to build as much skill

Some of that is true, but it also seems to be true that many players regardless of time spent in the game simultaneously promote the notion that the game is not about skill it is about roster, and then complain that they have a strong roster and yet can't complete the content. In other words, the game is not about skill, and yet it is getting too difficult. That's contradictory.

It is so much easier to progress your roster than it ever was. But game play skills still take time to learn. And the game will keep introducing new situations that require new skills to learn and practice. There's no "finish line" where you have all the champs you need and you've learned everything you need to learn and you can now coast. If you're standing still, you're falling behind. That will always be true in progressional games like this.

And whenever I see someone claiming to represent "average players" I tend to believe they don't believe they represent average players, they are worried the rest of the average players are overtaking them from behind. Because game difficulty is datamined: the game devs know what percentage of the players are completing different difficulties of content. They wouldn't keep ratcheting difficulty upward every month. It might bounce up and down, but overall they will aim to keep the success rate relatively constant. Content might be getting harder for one arbitrary player. But it isn't getting harder for everyone every month.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Master is used for practice on the new champs for UC.

Ironic that other than the raw stat increase, mechanically last month's Master DH was harder than UC DH due to technical issues.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    i use master to practice for uncollected personally. I like to see the new champ's moves and animations.

This is what I do.

Ironic that other than the raw stat increase, mechanically last month's master DH was harder than UC DH due to mechanical issues.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Practicing does NOT help since you are not practicing against the nodes you are coming across. I use to use ROL to practice but that is pointless now since it does not compare to the nodes. For ex. This months 2 boss is MODOK on a node that will build up buffs when you hit him blocking. After 5 nodes, you lose 25% health. He autoblocks so what is the point. You are going to lose 25% health regardless of your skill level. Period. One ex of many......

You go and practice on the actual node.

Couple suggestions:
    Parry then heavy. He won't autoblock it.
    Any stagger/nullify/counterspell champ

I used a 4* KM for MODOK. Any true strike champ works. Set it up and then fight as usual.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 wrote: »
    I can't tell you an end game player that struggles with master...

Only way to get better and able to keep going is to practice. If heroic is done immediately you have two options. To stop spending on refills, and take your time through the month, or keep entering master and retrying the fights. It costs nothing to try the first few fights every day, let energy recharge, and try again tomorrow. Only way to get better

Tons of end game players who have completed act 5 struggle with it.. My alliance has quite a few of them..there are also alot of end game players in global with the same problem.. If you dont have a certain champ maxed you usually have a really hard time.. And all these events give energy refills you dont have to buy them anymore..i just feel mid game players are stuck between doing nothing at all or spending alot of time on things i can get in the other parts of the game easier and faster without item use

What do you consider an end game player?

Completing Act 5
    Exploring Act 5
    Exporing LoL
    Completing Variant
    Exploring Variant

If your answer isn't "all of those being done" they aren't an end game player

Beating act 5 is litterally an end game player..as they have beat the end of the game..just because you feel the need to twist it into something it isnt doesnt change the facts

Not really. When act 5 came out it wasn't possible to have a rank 5 5*. It was made for 4/55 5*s.
  • Options
    S

Only way to get better and able to keep going is to practice. If heroic is done immediately you have two options. To stop spending on refills, and take your time through the month, or keep entering master and retrying the fights. It costs nothing to try the first few fights every day, let energy recharge, and try again tomorrow. Only way to get better

Tons of end game players who have completed act 5 struggle with it.. My alliance has quite a few of them..there are also alot of end game players in global with the same problem.. If you dont have a certain champ maxed you usually have a really hard time.. And all these events give energy refills you dont have to buy them anymore..i just feel mid game players are stuck between doing nothing at all or spending alot of time on things i can get in the other parts of the game easier and faster without item use

What do you consider an end game player?

Completing Act 5
    Exploring Act 5
    Exporing LoL
    Completing Variant
    Exploring Variant

If your answer isn't "all of those being done" they aren't an end game player

Beating act 5 is litterally an end game player..as they have beat the end of the game..just because you feel the need to twist it into something it isnt doesnt change the facts

No, Beating Act 5 doesn’t really make you an end game player. Maybe a year ago when 5.4 was released it did. Now an end game player would be considered those who have explored LOL, Variant, and to a lesser degree (and probably worth excluding) the Maze.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,177 ★★★★

Seatin played the Master of the last EQ, and himself, ON CAMERA, said it was harder then the Uncollected one, not jn terms of difficulty, but by the different nodes Master Mode had
  • Options

Seatin played the Master of the last EQ, and himself, ON CAMERA, said it was harder then the Uncollected one, not jn terms of difficulty, but by the different nodes Master Mode had

Yeah because Seatin’s word means more than anyone else’s. Just because he’s a YouTuber doesn’t make his opinions any more important.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

For modok dont hit into his block just parry heavy or parry 3 hit evade rinse repeat
  • Options
    I'm confused by thos post talking about master getting harder and more nodes. Master hasn't gained more nodes and all you are facing is the boss with nodes. Its designed to help you progress to uncollected eq. Honestly if you cant beat it with rank 4 5*s or rank 5 4*s you are either lacking the skill needed. Not understanding the nodes you are facing or trying to beat it with auto fight. End game players are blowing through uncollected without issue so I don't know where you guys are coming up with end game players can't handle master eq. I would consider myself an average player and I have yet to use more than 3* champs for master mode. There has yet to be a boss in master that hasn't had a counter available you just may need to look at your roster and learn your champs abilities
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    They need too buff the rewards if it keeps getting harder. I’m not gonna keep 100%ing this every month if it gets harder and harder for the same rewards. Buff the rewards @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    They need too buff the rewards if it keeps getting harder. I’m not gonna keep 100%ing this every month if it gets harder and harder for the same rewards. Buff the rewards @Kabam Miike

Simple solution for you. Dont do it if you feel it isn't worth it. There are other areas of the game you can work on like act 4 or 5, arenas, dungeons aq and aw. Good luck finding something you enjoy if you cant try a different game
  • Options

Ironically, the less people do them, the more valuable the rewards become.
  • Options
    Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    We used to do Master with 4/40s. has it become harder or what that people with 5/50 or 4/55s aren't able to do it?

I think if you can't beat an certain level of difficulty, you should enhance your roster and do the easier difficulties so the next time you can do it.

The easier difficulties arent worth doing.. Its 2019 no one wants to spend all the energy on nothing but a 3 star
  • Options
    Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Enhance you roster ONLY works if and only if you happen to get the right champs. I know I will never get a 5* blade, corvus or hyp. Still do ok with what I have. Venom was my last R4 5* and is very good against spidey champs. I only open featured Crystal's now and still nothing good. Lol

i have 4/55 corvus and hype. didn't use them for master or uc yet, trying out my 5/50s. between 2 accounts, didn't even notice, say, boss modok's nodes, since i only spam heavys and intercept with him anyways. 5/50 cap IW in acct 1 and 5/50 void in acct 2 have cleared master and uc 3x each so far. If you have the champs (big IF) and pay attention, none of this is any harder than, say, act 5.3 or 5.4.
    Whether or not that characterizes "average player difficulty" is another thing altogether.

That really is a "big if" a new player just plain old does not have the champs and cannot get the items to upgrade said champ since they would need the items from master at minimum to do so
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★

The easier difficulties arent worth doing.. Its 2019 no one wants to spend all the energy on nothing but a 3 star

I mean, if you can't do Master then you should obviously stick to Heroic. The rewards good enough for someone at an certain level.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »

Simple solution for you. Dont do it if you feel it isn't worth it. There are other areas of the game you can work on like act 4 or 5, arenas, dungeons aq and aw. Good luck finding something you enjoy if you cant try a different game

These have been the same rewards for about 2 years. It’s time for a buff in the rewards
  • Options

If that's what you think, I encourage you to not do them. In fact, I encourage you to skip all rewards you think are not worth your time. This will incrementally help all other players commensurately.
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★

Tons of end game players who have completed act 5 struggle with it.. My alliance has quite a few of them..there are also alot of end game players in global with the same problem..

Speak for yourself, your alliance, & the dumb spammers on global. But don't speak for the majority of us half decent players. Master is easy AF. I auto-fight the 1st Chapter of it LMAO.
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Three months ago I could clear master with only using items in the last quest(one or two revives and a few health pots) now I have to use pots in the two quests prior to the last part

So they made it harder, master shouldn’t get harder that’s why they made the harder difficulty or so I thought they said

And they made every master more difficult then the previous so I’m not gonna finish this one either
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    They seem to make it harder every month and it honestly doesnt feel worth it to a mid tier player. If i am lucky enough to have the items to clear it once "which i havent in 3 months" i get a 3 star and some shards that wont even help me clear the next months event since it will be harder than the last and even alot of end game players are struggling with master now.. So basically it seems my only option is to only do heroic "which isnt worth it either but there us nothing better to do" and i will finish in a day as always leaving me nothing to do for a whole month since act 4 is explored.. A little difficulty us to be expected but its gotten out of hand here lately.. The only events worth doing arent doable and arent worth the items lost

Then they aren’t an endgame player. I finished uncollected with 0 items used.

What I will say is there is a troubling trend of increased difficulty withou increasing rewards. The Maze was the first blatant example and the Trials are sort of that way too. So I would definitely agree that the rewards are severely lacking.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I did a run in Master last EQ with all 4*s and beat Dark Hawk. No items. It was in no way harder than uncollected lol