**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best Damage Output Champions

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited January 2019 in Strategy and Tips
I’m an intermediate player who is still at the Rank 4/Rank 5 level for 4 Stars.

Just completed Act 4 and waiting before I try Act 5.

As I’ve progressed, I’ve recognized that Damage Output is the best thing for the advanced level of play.

Who are the best Damage Output Champions in the game? Please let me know if they need to be awakened as well.

Currently, my best Damage champions are:

Corvus
Hyperion
Scarlet Witch
Archangel
Dr. Voodoo
Luke Cage
Starlord (if I can ever awaken him)

I’m toying with Rank 4ing Carnage and/or Red Hulk but I’m saving my Catalysts to Rank 5 the aforementioned champs.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    If your red hulk is duped hes a great dps tank. i utilize him alot with a 10 stack of heat charges you can finish high level fights in under 30 hits
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    Red hulk is a beast, he is always in my AQ lineup as I run the poison path B)
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    CapIW is an amazing damage dealer with tremendous durability and utility, especially awakened. Can use him just about anywhere against anyone
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Angela is awesome for raw damage as well.

I do agree with the above advice that the harder content does shift from raw damage to more utility-based attackers being more important.

Look at champs with power control, heal block/reversal, immunities, ability accuracy reduction, regen, ability to tank opponent specials, etc.

Also need to consider the source of their damage output. Crit-based (Scarlet Witch), fury based (Angela, Hype), or more DOT based (Blade, AA, Voodoo). Do they need to be ramped up over several fights (Morningstar, Corvus), or ramped up during the fight (Starlord, Hela), or are they insane from the start (Blade, Gwenpool).

And is their damage based on synergies (Blade/GR/Spark, Ghost/Wasp/Antman, Killmonger/BPCW/Winter Soldier).
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Carames wrote: »
    Then you have the cheater champs like Void and Blade. :-)

Void? How can you call void a cheater champ when ghost, corvus, hyperion, and tons more hit way harder. The intimidating presence doesn’t do that much damage. Nothing compared to a hit from sparky with 10 poise or starlord with a high combo.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    axelelf_1 wrote: »

Void? How can you call void a cheater champ when ghost, corvus, hyperion, and tons more hit way harder. The intimidating presence doesn’t do that much damage. Nothing compared to a hit from sparky with 10 poise or starlord with a high combo.

I think he was joking, but I will say that Void and Blade are two of the very few champs that can kill a target in zero hits (Void by slowly stacking debuffs and Blade by inflicting bleed on well-timed blocks aka Parry which doesn't count as a hit on the combo meter). Quake would be the other most commonly mentioned one. This is usually just a curiosity, but sometimes it can be a very useful tactic. I wouldn't call it "cheating" but killing without hitting does sound at least very weird unless you're familiar with how the champs work.
  • Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Posts: 113
    Domino
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    ^^^ I love when people comment without reading.

Anyway... AA, Hype or LC will be your most reliable.

Corvus takes missions... SL takes awakened... and SW is just random.
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    no angela? im surprised. hits like a damn truck
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Hamin wrote: »

I didn't interpret the OPs question as "which of these is the best" of his list, because he also mentions thinking about other rank ups. I assumed the OP was asking which champs were the best damage dealers in general, and was just mentioning which ones he thought were his best for comparison.
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    Corvus
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »

I didn't interpret the OPs question as "which of these is the best" of his list, because he also mentions thinking about other rank ups. I assumed the OP was asking which champs were the best damage dealers in general, and was just mentioning which ones he thought were his best for comparison.

@DNA 3000 is correct. I’m looking for the best damage dealers.

• RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    After some ramp up, Carnage has insane damage.
    Venom also has crazy damage if the opponent can bleed, though it's merely slightly above average if the opponent doesn't bleed. Ex. R4 5 Star Venom is able to KO ROL Winter Soldier in approximately 3.5 minutes.
  • Rehan010_Rehan010_ Posts: 29
    Did everyone forget about most beautiful girl in the game ANGELA. She hits like truck her damage is insane if you know how to play with her and she doesn't need to be awakened to be good. I know she doesn't have any immunity but she is one of the best heavy hitters in the game
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    edited January 2019
    I'm just being salty about Void because the UC Red Hulk fight is irritating me and I don't have him. :)
  • Millie123Millie123 Posts: 0
    Have y’all tried Crossbones?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Rulk would be an awesome choice. The biggest reason is that he is one of the beat champs for Variant 2. With a nice stash of resources and a couple boosts he could play a big role in helping you get initial clear. Three 2-3 5* gems and one 3-4 5* gem. Venom or VTD would be ideal for chapter 3, but Rulk could get you there.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Riceman said:

After some ramp up, Carnage has insane damage.

Venom also has crazy damage if the opponent can bleed, though it's merely slightly above average if the opponent doesn't bleed. Ex. R4 5 Star Venom is able to KO ROL Winter Soldier in approximately 3.5 minutes.

3.5 minutes?! I can get him down faster than that with my 5/50 I think. Been a while since I tested. Was probably running suicides, so I may be wrong.
  • CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    Venom The Duck is insane once he's ramped up, and Proxima has by far the best special damage in the game if you can complete even one of the missions.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    test
    DNA3000 said:

I think he was joking, but I will say that Void and Blade are two of the very few champs that can kill a target in zero hits (Void by slowly stacking debuffs and Blade by inflicting bleed on well-timed blocks aka Parry which doesn't count as a hit on the combo meter). Quake would be the other most commonly mentioned one. This is usually just a curiosity, but sometimes it can be a very useful tactic. I wouldn't call it "cheating" but killing without hitting does sound at least very weird unless you're familiar with how the champs work.

What about Omega Red with Suicide Masteries? Is he a top damage champ?
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Vagabond said:

DNA3000 said:

What about Omega Red with Suicide Masteries? Is he a top damage champ?

Hes a top Utility and one of the best debuff champs, he does like 970 per sec as 4 star max sig. But his normal hits are "only" good.

My favourite champ for pure damage outpout is venom atm and for champs that dont bleed its my (soon rank 4) 5 star ramped up venom the duck with his sp2 and Domino synergy!

• OneAboveAll13OneAboveAll13 Posts: 190
    Far I've seen in game Cap IW (reflective armor) , emma frost (prowess), black panther (reflective armor), venom the duck (bleed and poison armor or something), symbiote supreme (nullify effect) and AEgon (gets fury effect on every hit received) are some best champs for a lot of damaging and critical rate..

Forgot something??
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

Far I've seen in game Cap IW (reflective armor) , emma frost (prowess), black panther (reflective armor), venom the duck (bleed and poison armor or something), symbiote supreme (nullify effect) and AEgon (gets fury effect on every hit received) are some best champs for a lot of damaging and critical rate..

Forgot something??

You forgot one very, very very very brutally high damage champ: Domino can kill Winter Soldier in 6 hits!
    Pls ou forgot:
    Thing with synergys deals 20k damage on every normal hit and can go up to 100k sp2 damage
    havod sp3 with max charges
    Ghost sp2 out of her phasing
    Medusa Sp2
    Proxmia duped with her sp2 and all quests completed deals 130k on every hit
    Corvus Glaive sp2
    Spidey stark max charges sp 2
    Archangel heavy attack spam
    Carnage bleeds
    Morningstar Sp2 against buff champs
    Doctor Woodoo sp1 against an enemy with 10 or more brother Daniel stacks
    Trash Panda Sp2
    Luke Cage with many Exhaustions on the enemy
    Star Lord with high Combo
    Ant man with synergys and duped and with lots of debuffs on the enemy
    Sabretooth ramped up
    Massacre sp2 into enemy block
    Spidy symbiote sp2

Forgot something??

You forgot one very, very very very brutally high damage champ: Domino can kill Winter Soldier in 6 hits!
    Pls ou forgot:
    Thing with synergys deals 20k damage on every normal hit and can go up to 100k sp2 damage
    havod sp3 with max charges
    Ghost sp2 out of her phasing
    Medusa Sp2
    Proxmia duped with her sp2 and all quests completed deals 130k on every hit
    Corvus Glaive sp2
    Spidey stark max charges sp 2
    Archangel heavy attack spam
    Carnage bleeds
    Morningstar Sp2 against buff champs
    Doctor Woodoo sp1 against an enemy with 10 or more brother Daniel stacks
    Trash Panda Sp2
    Luke Cage with many Exhaustions on the enemy
    Star Lord with high Combo
    Ant man with synergys and duped and with lots of debuffs on the enemy
    Sabretooth ramped up
    Massacre sp2 into enemy block
    Spidy symbiote sp2
    What about Gwenpool? Not a top damage champ?
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    No one mentioned the heaviest hitter, Cull obsidian
  • blurblotblurblot Posts: 39
    Wasp might be one of the heaviest hitters in the game. i’m not big into using her as a 4* because her block proficiency is next to nothing, but she’s a sick offensive champ.

Obviously Aegon does ridiculous damage, but only really gets full value if awakened.

Symbiote Supreme isn’t a perfect champ for all matchups, he’s best when facing champs who are vulnerable to bleed or generate a lot of buffs. but he stacks armor breaks with his L2, you can inflict MASSIVE hurt on your opponent with proper timing.