**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About 2 hours .. matching is running and we can’t find a ear

We are making matching about 2 hours ago and nothing yet..we restarted it once and nothing yet too.. There’s alliances started matching after us and found war in 10 minutes.. what should we do ?!.. it’s less than 4 hours and we will pass war ☹️☹️

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited January 2019
    You will match, you started it when no other ally’s start their war, u should match easily in the next hour
  • RealnyRealny Posts: 15
    Should we restart it again?
    I don’t believe so, it’s 4hr 36min until wars close, I would expect you to get picked up before 530 central
    Can you give a help in that please
    Our alliance doesn’t start war until almost 3 hours from now, your not going to go unmatched starting it this early, and there’s just nothing the mods or support can do about it or push you through to make system find one.

Patience Daniel San
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    TMK the matching system expands the search parameters the longer you’ve been waiting. If you restart then you make the potential pool of match ups smaller for yourself and are potentially makijg the process take even longer.

I dunno if this is exactly how it works but If matching making is a queue then restarting it would mean you lose your place in line.
    But it’s 2 hours now matching.. and some alliances started matching after us and found matching in minutes 🤔
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    They're on each side of your head roughly in line with your eyes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's so unpredictable. We've had times when matchmaking took ages. Actually missed a war last season when it took 2+ hours several wars in a row. This season it's only taken a long time once. We have a match now and it took 10 seconds lol. Someone sent a ticket in once and support said that if you stop the search and restart you lose your spot and it will take longer. In my experience support doesn't always give accurate information but I wouldn't stop the search.
    2 hours and half now.. it’s only 3: 40 minutes and we pass next war and also next war will need time to find a match.. it’ Not fair @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    gotta love being t7 middle of the road.
    find a match instantly every time. longest ever waited was 15mins.
    avg is bout 2 mins.
    today it was about 3 seconds
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    We are a 2.6k war rating alliance and are also having a very long matchmaking time. Does it usually take a couple hours in tier 2 to match?
    We are t3 plat 3 ... and nothing till now..it’s unbelievable.. we gonna miss next war if we didn’t match in hour and half.. it’s totally unfair.. we played hard to reach plat 3.. I don’t what we should do .. we send many tickets.. but stupid response and nothing help.. it’s not our problem that kabam use a stupid system for matching.. 5 hours trying to find matching.. stupid and unfair @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf
    We need a quick help here guys
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Realny wrote: »

What do you expect mods to do? Force a match for you? This issue has come up for many and mods have only said "sorry".
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    MaatMan wrote: »
    avg is bout 2 mins.

My rough estimate based on looking at the numbers is that there are about 600 alliances in each war tier from tier 4 through tier 10. However there are only about 420 alliances in tier 3, 120 alliances in tier 2, and 30-60 in tier 1. It kind of depends on how you interpret the tier breakdowns because the numbers are nonsensical and you have to take a reasonable guess as to what the developer who wrote them meant.

If you assume that the majority of alliances trying to be remotely competitive will attempt a match within the first eight hours of match making, that means for alliances in tiers 4 and lower you have about 70-ish alliances looking for match at roughly the same time you are (within an hour or so) or more. Assuming you don't have a wildly weird alliance rating, you should be able to get a match within minutes.

Above tier 4, it starts to get interesting. It is five times harder to find a match in tier 2 than tier 5, simply because there are fewer alliances in that tier. Even accounting for the fact that matches take place based on rating and not literal tier, it suggests things thin out quite a bit and it is much easier to find yourself without a dance partner.

Here's another way to look at the numbers. Again based on some reasonable guesses I had to make to approximate the data, I can take a rough guess as to how many alliances are within, say, 50 rating points of your rating. If your rating is 1700, my guestimate is that there are about 500-1000 alliances within 50 rating points of your rating. But if your rating is 2700 my guesstimate is that there are closer to 50-100. Above that the numbers can drop into single digits. Among the top 20 alliances there are on average only a couple.
    It’s supposed to be their problem not my problem.. we played hard and payed money on units and items..so we should have a fair and justice game.. and if there’s mistake they should make up by extending the time for us before disabling the matching..

What do you expect mods to do? Force a match for you? This issue has come up for many and mods have only said "sorry".

It’s supposed to be their problem not my problem.. we played hard and payed money on units and items..so we should have a fair and justice game.. and if there’s mistake they should make up by extending the time for us before disabling the matching..

Mods can make the suggestion but they can't make it happen. They look after a forum.
    I agree it sucks and something needs to be done for all these alliances thar are waiting so long, but to demand that the mods extend time and call it "their problem" isn't fair to them. They can pass info on to the devs, but they don't make game decisions yet people are constantly on them to fix an issue/error.
    It’s 6 hours trying to make matching and nothing found.. and now no time for matching next war.. we already messed it...
    thanks kabam for wasting our efforts. We will be gold 1at last of the list
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    We are currently and platinum 2 and will be missing a war now after hours and hours of searching. Thanks Kabam fix your matchmaking instead of focusing on ways to milk whales
    @Realny that sucks man. There is no way that not one reasonable plat 3 alliance started a search in 6 hours.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    That sucks but in the end it's just a game man. Don't stress it too much.
  • If you start AW when it start you should have a problem.
  • Start it late risk the problem of missing an AW. My alliance starts when AW match making starts and we find one straight away.

We are tier 5 though so that might have something to do with it aswell.
    If you start AW when it start you should have a problem.

His search took over 6 hours. This is just not always true. Last season we had a spell where every search went long so we had to start the next war later and later. We missed the third war after the search again took hours and it screwed up our whole season. Everyone agrees that you shouldn't have a problem....and yet people still do. If you are that One Certain Alliance you can have your points manually adjusted. Otherwise you're just screwed.
    It’s 6 hours trying to make matching and nothing found.. and now no time for matching next war.. we already messed it...
    thanks kabam for wasting our efforts. We will be gold 1at last of the list

Chill out, you haven’t even missed a war yet.. we start all of our wars 2 hours before close. Usually the last war we start matchmaking an hour before close and have yet to miss a war in 7 seasons.

@ing all the mods is against the forum rules plus it’s not going to get you help at all, and theres nothing they can do.

Would you rather wait 6 hours and match someone of your caliber or would you rather match a Masters tier 1 alliance just to force through your matchmaking.. you want them to get it right or you want matched quick...
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MaatMan wrote: »
    avg is bout 2 mins.

My rough estimate based on looking at the numbers is that there are about 600 alliances in each war tier from tier 4 through tier 10. However there are only about 420 alliances in tier 3, 120 alliances in tier 2, and 30-60 in tier 1. It kind of depends on how you interpret the tier breakdowns because the numbers are nonsensical and you have to take a reasonable guess as to what the developer who wrote them meant.

If you assume that the majority of alliances trying to be remotely competitive will attempt a match within the first eight hours of match making, that means for alliances in tiers 4 and lower you have about 70-ish alliances looking for match at roughly the same time you are (within an hour or so) or more. Assuming you don't have a wildly weird alliance rating, you should be able to get a match within minutes.

Above tier 4, it starts to get interesting. It is five times harder to find a match in tier 2 than tier 5, simply because there are fewer alliances in that tier. Even accounting for the fact that matches take place based on rating and not literal tier, it suggests things thin out quite a bit and it is much easier to find yourself without a dance partner.

Here's another way to look at the numbers. Again based on some reasonable guesses I had to make to approximate the data, I can take a rough guess as to how many alliances are within, say, 50 rating points of your rating. If your rating is 1700, my guestimate is that there are about 500-1000 alliances within 50 rating points of your rating. But if your rating is 2700 my guesstimate is that there are closer to 50-100. Above that the numbers can drop into single digits. Among the top 20 alliances there are on average only a couple.

ii have done similar calculations before myself. and i would think about the same.
    i spend alot of time looking at all different variables in war.
    i have seen how matchmaking algorithm has changed multiple times.

i cannot comment on top tier from experience but can from extrapolating calculations.

yes there are less alliances in the top tiers which is what leads to both the "unfair matches" that peeps complain about and the longer times peeps complain about.
    this is not as much of an issue the further you go down because of the bigger pool of alliances and the ease of quickly finding a similar opponent.
    but yes. the higher you go the more likely it is that no similar opponent is looking for a match at the same time.

but what people need to understand is it is hard to get a quick fair match at the top.
    if kabam widen the matchmaking algorithm it will speed up matchmaking but will result in more unfair matches.
    if kabam narrow the algorithm to produce more fair matches it will likely extend matchmaking times even further.
    it is a very fine balance to get it right.
    really it requires a whole overhaul of the matchmaking system.
    exactly how that should be done i am unsure.
    but i feel that prestige and war rating should be a part of it. but i dunno the right answer.