**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venom The Duck

MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
Hi i pull today 5* venom the duck i have cosmic awaken gem... Is venom the duck worth to be awaken? I have 5* Hyperion, medusa, cpt marvel awaken. Is venom the duck worth rank 4?

Comments

• Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Arguably moreso then all your other options. Someone posted a video of r5 VtD somewhere on here, was pretty intense damage and regen.
  • Options
    I have duped 5* Hyperion rank 4 duped medusa rank 3 :) and i think about awaken venom the duck or King groot... Dnt know...
  • Options
    5t7cnvoyexqo.jpg
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Venom the Duck doesn't really need his awakening, but it does make him even better.

I'm in the minority in this, but I think he is far better than Hyperion and Medusa.
  • Options
    King Groot?.... How is that even a thought?

Very nice regen :)
  • Options
    MiStaLova wrote: »
    King Groot?.... How is that even a thought?

Very nice regen :)

Not really.

You can read about his Sig ability HERE

I would hold on to that Gem or if you want to use it on Venom the Duck, first get used to Venom the Duck himself bevor thinking about that gem.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Played right VtD has one of the best regens in the game.
    As you've already got Hyperion and Medusa I'd use it on him.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    @MiStaLova I just took my vtd up to rank 5

His signature ability is definitely something to invest in if you plan to rank him up to 4/55 or 5/65. Longer Toxic Armor duration and a couple quirks to his Aberration is very helpful. But he doesn’t need his signature ability to be great.

Search Jaded Fusion on YouTube you’ll see a bunch of videos I posted on there about his game play and ranking up.
  • Options
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Either r4 venom or save the resources to r5 Hype. none of them comes close to Hype

That’s highly debatable, and I love hypes. Vtd’s fury stacks can be customized and can out damage hypes. For example 10 fury stacks for vtd would grant him 8912 attack increase, 12 seconds at the start of the fight and after a sp3.

Hypes with 10 stacks would give him 13,260 increased attack. But we all know those stacks drop off fairly quickly.

Hypes can incinerate but vtd can bleed or cause degen to bleed immune.
    Plus vtd’s Toxic Armor isn’t a debuff so can be applied to debuff immune or maso.
  • Options
    So in your opinion VtD is worth to be awaken? :)
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Venom the duck should be awakened yes. I used a cosmic gem on mine too the dude is INCREDIBLE.
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Need to be awakened? No. Benefit a lot? Yes. The dude is crazy
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ICyPY9MCfqM
    He is God tier i make him rank 5 :)
  • Options
    I think he's fun. I was excited about this thread bc I haven't seen much about him. Have an r3 I was considering ranking up. But I don't see anything that makes me think he's worth the investment. Anybody have more videos?
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I think he's fun. I was excited about this thread bc I haven't seen much about him. Have an r3 I was considering ranking up. But I don't see anything that makes me think he's worth the investment. Anybody have more videos?

I have a lot of videos posted to YouTube just search up Jaded Fusion and you’ll see what I have up there
  • Options
  • Options
    I decide to awake him cosmic gem :)
  • Options
    vhp635qr4awa.jpg
  • Options
    y5rbqgjrxh4b.png
  • Options
    Very nice
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Either r4 venom or save the resources to r5 Hype. none of them comes close to Hype

That’s highly debatable, and I love hypes. Vtd’s fury stacks can be customized and can out damage hypes. For example 10 fury stacks for vtd would grant him 8912 attack increase, 12 seconds at the start of the fight and after a sp3.

Hypes with 10 stacks would give him 13,260 increased attack. But we all know those stacks drop off fairly quickly.

Plus vtd’s Toxic Armor isn’t a debuff so can be applied to debuff immune or maso.

Hyperion's peak DPS is consistently much greater than VTDs. The only way you could argue he is better is with his regen. You actually have more uptime of greater amounts of fury overall with Hyperion because without power gain buffs VTD can't get close to 100% uptime on any of his buffs, if you add in power gain you will be limiting his furies. VTD requires fights to ramp up and is even more RNG-dependent than Hype. Hyperion is also more versatile, the only utility VTD really has is regen and toxic armour. Hyperion is poison immune, can stun chain, has regen and his passive power gain lets you play around a ton of different nodes and champions. Venom the duck is an amazing champion but he doesn't have the damage output and doesn't have enough utility to make him better than Hyperion
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

Hyperion's peak DPS is consistently much greater than VTDs. The only way you could argue he is better is with his regen. You actually have more uptime of greater amounts of fury overall with Hyperion because without power gain buffs VTD can't get close to 100% uptime on any of his buffs, if you add in power gain you will be limiting his furies. VTD requires fights to ramp up and is even more RNG-dependent than Hype. Hyperion is also more versatile, the only utility VTD really has is regen and toxic armour. Hyperion is poison immune, can stun chain, has regen and his passive power gain lets you play around a ton of different nodes and champions. Venom the duck is an amazing champion but he doesn't have the damage output and doesn't have enough utility to make him better than Hyperion

Again, that’s debatable. I’ve posted a few videos on my YouTube account where vtd had 7 fury, 2 power gain and 1 health regen. Used two different synergies and with my masteries (extended fury maxed out). Vtd could sustain those 7 fury the entire fight. Taking out 500k champs in rol in 80-90 hits (or roughly two minutes). That’s less hits and less time than my 5*r4 max sig star lord.
    The argument about utilities is negated by ending fights fast.

**the two synergies were cosmic supremacy and iw cap cosmic** it extended vtd’s fury buffs to last 24 seconds. 7 fury = 7940 attack increase (not included is the enhanced fury mastery). That’s a 10k+ attack rating for the entire fight. Bleed/degen damage not included. Where hypes has to use a special to incinerate.

Even the rng isn’t bad to deal with on vtd. If you haven’t used him a lot it’s tough to explain. But it’s a moot point imo. And synergies to help curve his rng in your favour.