**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Ideally war starts at 11 am PST as announced. If this isn't possible for technical reasons, then do the matchmaking between 3 pm - 7 pm PST with the proposed 20 hour defense phase, that way everyone's war will end between 11am to 3 pm which is what most are accustomed to. 4 hours is a lot of randomness though and anything that Kabam can do to make the system more consistent for summoners would help a lot.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Ya, dude. It starts at midnight where I am and for the entirety of Chinese players. It starts in the extremely early AM for the others....

Do you WANT us to quit, Kabam?
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    First of all using the excuse that there's too much server strain if all wars started at the same time is not valid. AQ starts are the same time for everybody and you don't seem to have a problem with that.

In the worst case scenario, you have shifted war attack start times by 12 hours for some alliances. That is a huge difference considering you need to plan for people's play times and all the linked nodes that have to be taken down before the next person can move.
  • Bart_416Bart_416 Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike working as intended right?!?🙄 What a load of BS
  • TeoskiTeoski Posts: 8
    Hi,

I think new systems has/had good intentions but graphics and comments that were made previously said something differently than it is happening today. It was assumed from multiple posts that wars would start at/around 7.00 PM UTC. The war for most EU people started at 6 PM or 5 PM UTC which is the time where most people come back from work or are on their way. This is completely terrible timing for most of EU players. During war season this will cause so much problems that most of EU alliances will stop playing completely. The only thing I see to fix these problems is to decrease timers even further so people can clear the wars faster then now.
    Another option is to put it at same time as AQ +/- 1 hour ( I would suggest +1 hour so people can do their AQ rounds
    and then do war). People already are used to this schedule.

Regards,
    Teoski
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    AW started 1.5 hours prior to 11PST.

We were matched against an alliance with a war rating 400 higher than ours.

Awful "upgrade" to AW matchmaking thus far.
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 87
    Working as intended guys.
  • Swank777Swank777 Posts: 64
    Anyone else having timing issues and disappointed with this new system? I wish people didn't complain so much about the old system. Now we might be forced to start a war in the early morning hours, people have jobs or school. Is there a way to work around this timing issue I'm not seeing? Why don't we have 24 hours of placement? Someone help ?
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
    @Kabam Lyra according to your post from the thread now closed, it is working as intended. Yet, the picture that shows Attack, Defense and Matching shows Attack starting at 11am PST FOR ALL ALLIANCE, now a lot of alliance are scrambling to coordinate attack and having some who are working, sleeping, and etc and can not focus 100% of their time to AW. This a poor system. The previous system was not broken, just was being taken advantage of. If not broken, dont fix it. Moderate it and make sure its not being taken advantage
  • 1982richard1982richard Posts: 32
    Nice that kabam forgets that the game is world wide!!! In holland the war starts at an impossible time. We all have problems to get our defence set well, because the war is starting in work time. Normally we did start in the evening, terrible update and I hope it will be changed soon!!!!!
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    We just got our first match in AW and were matched with a alliance that has +500 rating on us and finished two tiers above us last season.

If everyone is in the match making pool at the same time, how did we get mismatched so badly?
    Thank goodness I'm not the only 1. I love this game and really am not trying to complain. War is 1 of my favorite parts of the game but I can't work with this new system. I really hope we can do something about it soon. We 24 hours of placement and to be able to pick our own start times as well.... please and thank you
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Just change the system like it was before. The mismatches haven't ended, so it technically doesn't make a difference. Rather have a few of the top collude than screw the game for every other alliance out there.
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    edited February 2019
    Did y'all mess up your time zones? Cuz AWA started at 11am ET (UTC-5) instead of 11am PST (UTC-8, which is an hour from when I'm making this post):

3y1vrsnqyljr.jpg

It's like whoever was in charge of this was in UTC-5, saw 11am, and decided to turn AWA on, not bothering with that whole UTC-8 aka PST thing...
  • Venom787Venom787 Posts: 195
    Actually this new system works well for all GMT and similar time zones as war starts at 5-6PM which is time when we are done with work. As a leader I can't imagine how I would manage it if it starts in morning hours like it is now for PST.
    Anyhow, this is not good, but also did you really expected they will do it right, come on, be serious....
    RC51 wrote: »
    Did y'all mess up your time zones? Cuz AWA started at 11am ET (UTC-5) instead of 11am PST (UTC-8, which is an hour from when I'm making this post):

3y1vrsnqyljr.jpg

We don't want to war @ 11am honestly who does? I wouldn't say anyone is messing up there time zone. 11am war's is just going to ruin war.
  • 1982richard1982richard Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    is5qzmlbspyz.jpg
    Mismatching is still the problem indeed. Here we have a example. This is the current war!! Look at the difference of score in war. And there are even worse examples right now.
    And war matching starting needs to be in more time tables or let us choose for our self!!!!
    Swank777 wrote: »
    RC51 wrote: »

3y1vrsnqyljr.jpg

We don't want to war @ 11am honestly who does? I wouldn't say anyone is messing up there time zone. 11am war's is just going to ruin war.

I hear ya...and I'm not sayin' I want AW to start at 11am, I was just pointing out that according to their own original post, AWA was supposed to start at 2pm UTC-5 (NYC), instead of 11am UTC-5.
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    I like the new set up. Thanks Kabam
    I mean, if AWA is supposed to start at 11am ET (UTC-5) and everything else from their OP lines up with that, then this should be correct:

dgzrfm5fwqhj.jpg

BUT since they messed up their own start time, this actually shouldn't be correct.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Our ally already said stop with this ridicolous AW system. SCREW AW!
  • WarrenCoxWarrenCox Posts: 33
    You have definitely screwed up Kabam. Don’t try to pretend you didn’t say all Wars would start at the same time. You definitely did. It’s quite clear you did not anticipate the server strain, you’ve bodged it, and are now trying to pretend this what what you intended. It’s a shambles. Either sort it out so it works as you stated and suspend AW until you’ve done so or go back to the old system while you have a rethink. You can’t have Wars starting at random times as it suits no one. People will just stop playing AW altogether if you don’t sort this out.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    #BringBackOldAWMatchMaking
  • rfootballrfootball Posts: 25
    Missed aw defensive placement and chance to rearrange for best strategy. because aw started before the time given by kabam. Nice kabam not very professional. Why do you put something into your game that you know is going to cause a problem with your servers and not even alert those using it of this concern. Sorry my world does not go by kabam time we use a time piece. and 11 is 11 not hours before 11 or whenever I want it to be 11.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Kabam has failed yet again. Gold 1 matched against a platinum 1 alliance. 2 million difference in rating. 500 difference in war rating. Can’t imagine what metric was used to make this match
  • kkershner23kkershner23 Posts: 8
    Fraud.
    MRod77 wrote: »
    So those of us with jobs who started AW's when people got home from work so we can maximize our times, will now be relegated to having to start when Kabam tells us sometime during this 5hr window??? So now if a match is found for us right off the bat then we will have to coordinate while people are still at work or commuting home?? Not very efficient at all.

When a match is found does not determine when your Attack phase will start. Attack Phase will now start at the same time, every time.

• ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 87
    edited February 2019
    Working as intended.
  • rfootballrfootball Posts: 25
    How about I want the time to be tomorrow. Attack phase is over everybody that enlisted gets full victory rewards for todays AW and you try it again kabam. Did any alliance receive a bye this aw? They will receive victory rewards even if they missed placement phase just because they enlisted.