**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fix Arena A.I

JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
Idc if it’s been posted a million times. The arena A.I needs to be fixed.

Sorry I don’t have 100 power control champs for whenever I encounter a all or nothing arena champ. This daunting task of trying to bait out a special that never happens then poof one third special and I’m ko’d is beyond ridiculous now a days.

Sorry I don’t have 20 mins to waste on one fight waiting ever so patiently for a special 1 or 2 to never happen.

No I don’t care if they are 5k pi or 30k pi, the A.I in arenas need massive adjustments to meet up with the rest of the game.

Comments

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 785 ★★★
    It always seems to be rounds 7-10 I encounter this. I’ve accepted it, but if AI could be a little more aggressive it would certainly be an improvement in my eyes.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    JChanceH9 wrote: »
    It always seems to be rounds 7-10 I encounter this. I’ve accepted it, but if AI could be a little more aggressive it would certainly be an improvement in my eyes.

I was on round 14. Probably the last thanos/kang team. 2/3 of them wouldn’t throw a special. I’ve been doing arenas for 3 years. It’s expected, I know. Just not acceptable anymore. Easily make them more aggressive.

And I do take breaks from arenas. I didn’t touch a single arena fight the last 8-9 days.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    One of the reasons I love running suicides in arena. You can typically end fights before they get sp3
    Sixshot1 wrote: »
    One of the reasons I love running suicides in arena. You can typically end fights before they get sp3

Suicides wouldn’t have changed this. They were 6* r4 health pool vs 5* r3. But yes end the fight before they reach sp3 is an option.
  • Jaded wrote: »

I have a suspicion that the devs think they did fix arena AI: they made it more random and span a wider range of possible tendencies, including being extremely stingy with specials. The devs don't like to talk about AI, but I think they wanted infinite streaks to be harder to obtain in the arena, because they thought it wasn't challenging enough.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

I have a suspicion that the devs think they did fix arena AI: they made it more random and span a wider range of possible tendencies, including being extremely stingy with specials. The devs don't like to talk about AI, but I think they wanted infinite streaks to be harder to obtain in the arena, because they thought it wasn't challenging enough.

Yeah I totally agree with that. I remember back in the days when I first started getting the infinite streak they would NEVER throw a special. Even if they had a full bar. But now, you never know what you’re getting. In my last run I had a handful of all options. But I would exchange them all in for normal A.I tendencies (ie monthly quests).
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    unpredicatability is the only challenge in arena.
    its the only thing that breaks up the monotony of the grinds.
    yeah it can be frustrating but really it doesnt matter.
    arena is already too easy. why make it easier
    MaatMan wrote: »
    unpredicatability is the only challenge in arena.
    its the only thing that breaks up the monotony of the grinds.
    yeah it can be frustrating but really it doesnt matter.
    arena is already too easy. why make it easier

Well no, my point is that there are some matchups that come along as rare as they may be that become unable to win.
    Matched 5* r3 spider Gwen vs 6* r4 Angela.
    Spider Gwen hits like a wet noodle atm. And Angela wouldn’t throw a single special. And one third special ko’s spider gwen’s Full health. Not really a challenge either, not a hard fight to begin with but also not able to win it because no specials thrown.

Granted getting two fights like that in one matchup is super rare.

The A.I in arenas should act the same as the rest of the game.
  • Jaded wrote: »
    The A.I in arenas should act the same as the rest of the game.

I think it does. I think most people think the devs create different AIs for different parts of the game, but I don't think that's what's happening. I think there's basically one AI, and it behaves according to certain inputs, and one of those inputs is the relative difficulty of the encounter. The arena can slide that difficulty meter way over to the right farther than most players generally experience, which is why it appears to be a completely different AI.

I could be wrong there, but that's the hunch I have. If so, this isn't easy to just "undo" because first this is not a special setting, it is part of a general continuum of how the AI behaves everywhere, and two, you're seeing the product of two separate, independent developer efforts combining into what you see, neither one of which has the ability to arbitrarily change this. Those kinds of game changes are among the most difficult for players to get directly changed.