**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act6 - Champion Requirement Communication

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Why is that the argument for everything? "Money!".
    There is one reason and one reason only to create a roadblock. That's to make it more challenging. That can come in any form of a restriction.
    People are arguing about skill, but if it's skill that's the argument, they should have no issues doing it without the OP Synergies.
    The argument is as if people are going to rush into it with a 4* Roster and whip through it. That's not likely to be the case.
    It's just like anything else in the game. If you don't have what you need, you work towards it. There's all the time in the world. Storymode is permanent content.
    It feels like this whole issue is being blown out of proportion because people can't jump in with an average Roster, but that's the whole point. It's not meant to be done that easily.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I'm going to try to not laugh.
    When I see comments like that...
    xNig said:

the meta is skill.
    synergies just make it easier.
    and make those without skill able.
    those with skill dont need synergies.

...I can't stop :D:D:D

Sorry, but, when I will see someone with ''skills'' one shot The Collector without any synergy, then, I'll believe it.

And, wait until Nick Fury is out, he have a ton of synergies. I guess that the ''skills'' ones, won't play it.

@MaatMan I don't attack you directly, I just used your post for quoting, no hard feelings.
  • Options
    Well, not sure about one-shot, but I never used Synergies to down him.
  • Options
    Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★

Mike12867 said:

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
    show ur rosters. lets see if you are ready or not.

my roster is posted in the main thread.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126509/witness-the-great-revival-act-6-chapter-1-coming-march-13th/p10

if you have been playing for long enough you will have the roster that is good enough.

if you dont have a good enough roster keep playing you will get there in time.
    this is END GAME content not meant for NOOBS.
    not meant for those the NEED synergy crutches.

AWESOME! I Agree, why not tag it as endgame content and not for noobs too? This means the 4* i just ranked to 5/50 for variant is now useless, lemme just wait 1 year or more to get that champ as 5* so that I am at kabam's mercy for RnG

Or why not introduce a way where we can target 1 champion in particular from crystal? Or introduce 5* basic arena? NOPE, we will let RnG decide how fast you progress in this game so skill is out of the question and you can find some other game to show your skills. Good, I agree with you then
    Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126509/witness-the-great-revival-act-6-chapter-1-coming-march-13th/p10

if you have been playing for long enough you will have the roster that is good enough.

AWESOME! I Agree, why not tag it as endgame content and not for noobs too? This means the 4* i just ranked to 5/50 for variant is now useless, lemme just wait 1 year or more to get that champ as 5* so that I am at kabam's mercy for RnG

Or why not introduce a way where we can target 1 champion in particular from crystal? Or introduce 5* basic arena? NOPE, we will let RnG decide how fast you progress in this game so skill is out of the question and you can find some other game to show your skills. Good, I agree with you then
    This is just 6.1 requirements! Personally I didn't like 5.3 but I got through as you will get through this.. 6.4 may be just 6 stars only so stop crying..
    5.3 had champs from ALL classes to work with and ALL rarities, not just 4 or 3 or 5 stars. Kabam wants whales or people who have huge roster to not remain left out by new people who have skill to do it. I am not crying, I am arguing here so try to stick to it as well. Post your valid points or arguments otherwise there is no need for u to be on forums
    My valid point is you only need
    MaatMan said:

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

dang you got your knickers in a knot.

why do you need to wait a year for a particular champ? you do nort need only 1 champ to do it.
    there is 128 5* or something like that. are you telling me only 1 can do it?
    and yeah it is about time.
    time = progression.
    simple
    But they only want good champs to make content easier
    So you are saying I should spend my money on units or my time grinding potions when there is a method to avoid unavoidable damage? Ok smart business move
  • Options

There is one reason and one reason only to create a roadblock. That's to make it more challenging. That can come in any form of a restriction.
    People are arguing about skill, but if it's skill that's the argument, they should have no issues doing it without the OP Synergies.
    The argument is as if people are going to rush into it with a 4* Roster and whip through it. That's not likely to be the case.
    It's just like anything else in the game. If you don't have what you need, you work towards it. There's all the time in the world. Storymode is permanent content.
    It feels like this whole issue is being blown out of proportion because people can't jump in with an average Roster, but that's the whole point. It's not meant to be done that easily.

Skill? Really? so removing 4* from Act 6 means u are eliminating skill? HOW? On the contrary, doing act 6 with 4* shows your skill. I wanna reach personal milestones and get all static content done before my 1 year in the game and thus far I have been grinding arena for units and working towards it. Now that they completely threw that out of the window, I have to change my strategy and work towards a new goal. Ok no problem but why not let us know about this months back during beta? I had to use resources on ranking up 4* for variant that Im not even able to use for act 6? Tell me that it is how things usually are?

Also, you mention 'people cant jump in with an average roster' and then say 'its not meant to be done that easily' those 2 statements contradict each other. How can an average roster get things done easily?
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    @MaatMan I have 1 5:65 champ basically 2 as I’m only a few t5b away why shouldn’t I be able to my 4* champs to fill in the utility that I’m lacking due to rng
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

@MaatMan I have 1 5:65 champ basically 2 as I’m only a few t5b away why shouldn’t I be able to my 4* champs to fill in the utility that I’m lacking due to rng

Because u didnt spend money on this game, play this game for 2+ years or you have been progressing too fast. Add to that, this content isnt supposed to be easy and thats why we will make a stupid argument/decision and ban 4*

Thats what the other party will say. This is so stupid removing 4* from act 6...completely ridiculous and has no proper reasoning behind it apart from the above that I mentioned which is outright crazy. Tell me my friend, do you wanna catch up to end game players? Me too, but by doing this, I cant catch up to them. But endgame players are like no that wont widen the gap...how will it not?
  • Options
    Mike12867 said:

Skill? Really? so removing 4* from Act 6 means u are eliminating skill? HOW? On the contrary, doing act 6 with 4* shows your skill. I wanna reach personal milestones and get all static content done before my 1 year in the game and thus far I have been grinding arena for units and working towards it. Now that they completely threw that out of the window, I have to change my strategy and work towards a new goal. Ok no problem but why not let us know about this months back during beta? I had to use resources on ranking up 4* for variant that Im not even able to use for act 6? Tell me that it is how things usually are?

Also, you mention 'people cant jump in with an average roster' and then say 'its not meant to be done that easily' those 2 statements contradict each other. How can an average roster get things done easily?
    Did you read what I said? I said if people are complaining that you can't use skill to do it without 4*s, they should realize skill is also involved in not relying on the Synergies from those 4*s.
    It's not meant to be done with 4*s. That's the bottom line here.
  • Options

Mike12867 said:

Did you read what I said? I said if people are complaining that you can't use skill to do it without 4*s, they should realize skill is also involved in not relying on the Synergies from those 4*s.
    Why not if someone has the skill with 4* why shouldn’t they be allowed
  • Options

Mike12867 said:

So basically rely on RnG, pray to kabam gods for 'god tier' pulls OR WHALE out and get a **** load of 5 n 6 star champions and beat the content?
  • Options
    Mike12867 said:

Mike12867 said:

So basically rely on RnG, pray to kabam gods for 'god tier' pulls OR WHALE out and get a **** load of 5 n 6 star champions and beat the content?
    That's an exaggeration.
    There are certain progress barriers all over the game. Those barriers are intended for game balance. By the time people are ready for Act 6 they should at least have a healthy Roster of 5*s to use. If not, I'm very curious how they got there. We haven't even seen it yet, and we don't know what 5*s will be required.
    As for the money excuse, that response has been thrown at any change that's come that people aren't happy about, for as long as I've been here. Which is over 2 years longer than you have. You're complaining that you won't be able to take your 4*s in to finish your first year with a bang. Most people at a year haven't even started 5.3 yet. LOL. I mean, congratulations, but that's not the usual point of progress.
  • Options

Mike12867 said:

Mike12867 said:

That's an exaggeration.
    There are certain progress barriers all over the game. Those barriers are intended for game balance. By the time people are ready for Act 6 they should at least have a healthy Roster of 5*s to use. If not, I'm very curious how they got there. We haven't even seen it yet, and we don't know what 5*s will be required.
    As for the money excuse, that response has been thrown at any change that's come that people aren't happy about, for as long as I've been here. Which is over 2 years longer than you have. You're complaining that you won't be able to take your 4*s in to finish your first year with a bang. Most people at a year haven't even started 5.3 yet. LOL. I mean, congratulations, but that's not the usual point of progress.
    I have participated and completed within those barriers where I could only bring particular class champions and thats fine by me (variant). But restricting a champion that could still be potential for act 6 is not a good idea. Curious how we got here? We grinded our a$$ for it. I spent a lot of time playing and researching about how to smartly make decisions that may affect further progression and hence it was part of the game.

There is no 'money excuse' If I start buying FGMCs tomorrow, spend as much as COW I will be better than anyone in this game as I will have best champions, is that skill? NOPE! Thats just the strength of 5/65s or R2 6*
    So why shouldnt I rant and ask Kabam to remove these restrictions because I can finish this content with skill and using lower rarity champions.

I can still do the completion with my roster of 5* but at the expense of my time/units/grind, so wait till we get a larger roster? I will wait bcuz I like this game, you think other mid-tier players will wait? Doubt not, they'd move over to another game, which is seemingly happening a lot now
  • Options
    You're free to ask them to do anything you want. As for your progress, that is amazing, I wasn't really shading you about it. All I'm saying is there are certain gates that will have to be passed at different levels of progress. I somewhat agree with it after seeing Uncollected and what happened after. Everyone and their dog became Uncollected and it caused a great deal of imbalances, everything from Resources to content. I can understand why they would have limiting factors, especially with the Rewards and discounts you'll get with Act 6.
    My comment on the money excuse is because it comes up all the time, and it rarely even makes sense. Anytime people don't like a change, they say they're just money hungry. I don't think it has much to do with money at all. Aside from a few loaded people who make a game out of it, the majority of people aren't paying out the ### for all their Champs. Some Offers here and there, but they're playing for the majority. It's not always because of "money". Sometimes it's because of "reasons".
  • Options

You're free to ask them to do anything you want. As for your progress, that is amazing, I wasn't really shading you about it. All I'm saying is there are certain gates that will have to be passed at different levels of progress. I somewhat agree with it after seeing Uncollected and what happened after. Everyone and their dog became Uncollected and it caused a great deal of imbalances, everything from Resources to content. I can understand why they would have limiting factors, especially with the Rewards and discounts you'll get with Act 6.
    My comment on the money excuse is because it comes up all the time, and it rarely even makes sense. Anytime people don't like a change, they say they're just money hungry. I don't think it has much to do with money at all. Aside from a few loaded people who make a game out of it, the majority of people aren't paying out the ### for all their Champs. Some Offers here and there, but they're playing for the majority. It's not always because of "money". Sometimes it's because of "reasons".

If anything it creates more imbalance
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

If anything it creates more imbalance
    No, it doesn't. It just means you'll have to have enough 5*s to do it, and that's many, many people.
  • Options

Kabam would come out with a reason such as 'for endgame players, someone with stacked roster to find something challenging etc. etc.'

But will that be legit reason? What if the community feels that isnt a good enough reason? Would you change your mind and ask kabam to remove it? Would Kabam change the mind? Would I change my mind and be on the side of those who are ok with it? Maybe. Maybe not.

But in order to keep people hooked to a game, that isnt the right move and the community will let you know about it. Sometimes you dont have to stick to your decision, sometimes you gotta agree with the community as well (by you i mean kabam).
  • Options
    Mike12867 said:

Kabam would come out with a reason such as 'for endgame players, someone with stacked roster to find something challenging etc. etc.'

But will that be legit reason? What if the community feels that isnt a good enough reason? Would you change your mind and ask kabam to remove it? Would Kabam change the mind? Would I change my mind and be on the side of those who are ok with it? Maybe. Maybe not.

But in order to keep people hooked to a game, that isnt the right move and the community will let you know about it. Sometimes you dont have to stick to your decision, sometimes you gotta agree with the community as well (by you i mean kabam).
    They're posting their reasons tomorrow, but I can tell you with almost perfect certainty that it won't be seen as enough, just because I've been around long enough to see how people react when they don't like something. If people don't want it, you can't really explain much of anything. They won't listen.
  • Options

Mike12867 said:

They're posting their reasons tomorrow, but I can tell you with almost perfect certainty that it won't be seen as enough, just because I've been around long enough to see how people react when they don't like something. If people don't want it, you can't really explain much of anything. They won't listen.
    I have over 40 5* and I wouldn’t say I have 1 insane utility 5* champ yet

• Options
    Kobster84 said:

Mike12867 said:

That entirely depends on what you need I suppose. We will have to wait and see what's required. If you're looking for the God Tier Champs, that's a pretty narrow list, a practise I don't even bother with. If you're looking for what you can use for a particular Path, that might be a different story.
  • Options

Mike12867 said:

Then the question is will Kabam stick to their rules/reqs or make amendments to please the community. Skeptical on making amendments that early but will see.
  • Options
    Mike12867 said:

Mike12867 said:

Then the question is will Kabam stick to their rules/reqs or make amendments to please the community. Skeptical on making amendments that early but will see.
    I mean, anything is possible. Things have changed in the past, but I have a feeling this won't. Judging by the wording in the Thread, they're writing up their goals for having the restriction. Sounds more like an explanation than an amendment.
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

Mike12867 said:

I play this game for fun. Ghost is fun. Synergies are fun.
    Act 6 champ requirement isnt. I have good-great God tier champs as 5* - CAIW, blade, MS R5, R5 Ghost, 6* LC and quite a few others. But why should I use them when I just wanna have fun with this game and play Ghost? Im ok with counters to Ghost, makes it interesting. But this is just stupid. and yes, other people suffer from terrible RnG and aren't as lucky as I am.

So for those who think I have bad pulls or not big roster, thats not the case, I dont wanna give my units to Kabam at all
  • Options
    Wish I was as lucky. My 5* Roster is well, I wouldn't say Troll Worthy, but middle of the road.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

why cant you fill it with other 5* that are not 5/65?
    sounds like you are at a similar progrssion point to me.
    although i dont 100% agree with this i will deal with it.
    lets see wat kabam say as to why tommorrow
  • Options

Kobster84 said:

Mike12867 said:

That entirely depends on what you need I suppose. We will have to wait and see what's required. If you're looking for the God Tier Champs, that's a pretty narrow list, a practise I don't even bother with. If you're looking for what you can use for a particular Path, that might be a different story.
    with 40 5* i would be confident and say it may be your opinion you dont have a GOD, but you have enough servicable champs there that could do you just fine if you chose to use them.
  • Options

I'm going to try to not laugh.
    When I see comments like that...

xNig said:

the meta is skill.
    synergies just make it easier.
    and make those without skill able.
    those with skill dont need synergies.

...I can't stop :D:D:D

Sorry, but, when I will see someone with ''skills'' one shot The Collector without any synergy, then, I'll believe it.

And, wait until Nick Fury is out, he have a ton of synergies. I guess that the ''skills'' ones, won't play it.

@MaatMan I don't attack you directly, I just used your post for quoting, no hard feelings.
    i will be going for nick fury 4* in arena cus i assume synergy monster with everyone.
    i use 4* heimdall often cus of his synergy he was MVP for cap marvel challenge even though he barely fought himself.
    am i frustrated at this announcment. yes.
    am i dissapointed. yes.
    will it affect my roster and team i sue. yes.
    is it the end of the world. no.
    will i still do this anyway. yes.

all i am saying is kabam have chosen to do this and we can work around it and work with it so we should just adapt as we always do as games progress.

also i cant one shot the collector regardless of wat team / synergies i use. but i have killed on 2 of my passes with no items used with no synergies used in my team.
    so maybe not solo kill but still got the job done just fine.
  • Options
    MaatMan said:

Kobster84 said:

Mike12867 said:

with 40 5* i would be confident and say it may be your opinion you dont have a GOD, but you have enough servicable champs there that could do you just fine if you chose to use them.
    That was the point I was making. OP stated they had 40 but no high utility Champs. They may not have the usual hard-hitters, but that doesn't mean they don't necessarily have what they need to do it. I think there's a tendency to only see the so-called Tier Lists, and the rest are seen as unusable.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    "Synergies were creating teams that allowed certain champions to plow through content that limited rosters were not designed to, in order to maintain balance, champion requirements will be used to ensure that progression is related to having a varied roster rather than relying on one or more synergies or building a team around specific champions"

Not another 12.0 but Kabam have clearly learned from it.

• Options

"Synergies were creating teams that allowed certain champions to plow through content that limited rosters were not designed to, in order to maintain balance, champion requirements will be used to ensure that progression is related to having a varied roster rather than relying on one or more synergies or building a team around specific champions"

where did u get this from
  • Options

yeah only problem is when some lucky mofo has only 5 x 5* but it happens to be Ghost, Wasp, Hood, AM & YJ.
    or Domino, Massacre, Rhulk and well literally anybody, or even nobody.

problem is if you have great RNG you dont need a varied roster.

(no this is not a backflip on what i have been saying)
    this is merely a counter point.
    All i have been saying before is why they are doing it and that we deal with it.
    this however does highlight a big potential flaw.

the thing is that only a very select few lucky summoners will have minimal 5* and still have the amazing synergies.

all i know is i would sell my left nut for a 5* heimdall right about now
This discussion has been closed.