**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act6 - Champion Requirement Communication

Comments

• Options
    Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    MaatMan said:

"Synergies were creating teams that allowed certain champions to plow through content that limited rosters were not designed to, in order to maintain balance, champion requirements will be used to ensure that progression is related to having a varied roster rather than relying on one or more synergies or building a team around specific champions"

Not another 12.0 but Kabam have clearly learned from it.

yeah only problem is when some lucky mofo has only 5 x 5* but it happens to be Ghost, Wasp, Hood, AM & YJ.
    or Domino, Massacre, Rhulk and well literally anybody, or even nobody.

problem is if you have great RNG you dont need a varied roster.

(no this is not a backflip on what i have been saying)
    this is merely a counter point.
    All i have been saying before is why they are doing it and that we deal with it.
    this however does highlight a big potential flaw.

the thing is that only a very select few lucky summoners will have minimal 5* and still have the amazing synergies.

all i know is i would sell my left nut for a 5* heimdall right about now
    Ive seen people with their first 5 5* being too OP - CAIW, Corvus, Omega and couple of average champs like Prox and Luke Cage.

I have about 47 5* and I have duped my **** champs multiple times. I should have had around 60 but here we are. Even if for synergies, why should I use inferior champs when I am having much more fun using the best of the best that my roster has?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Mike12867 said:

"Synergies were creating teams that allowed certain champions to plow through content that limited rosters were not designed to, in order to maintain balance, champion requirements will be used to ensure that progression is related to having a varied roster rather than relying on one or more synergies or building a team around specific champions"

where did u get this from
    I made it up. Think about the most common synergies used today and how much better they make already great champs and for the low, low price of a slot for that 3 or 4* to make the 5* awesome, or allow a 4* to compete where Kabam clearly don't want them to (despite claims of "still relevant")

Now imagine if synergies were adjusted or otherwise "balanced".

Kabam is not saying you can't have the synergy (which is a nerf) but they are stopping you from using it in certain content by using champion requirements, so, not a nerf.

They have learned.
  • Options
    Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    Way to alienate many of your loyal players Kabam - may I suggest a rethink?
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

It's very simple if you don't have a good roster your not ready for act 6

True by default. I have a good roster and will be fine but it ought to be about skill. I'm liking this move less and less.
    True skill is measured by what you can do with less. So o see both ways here 4 stars being fine and removal of synergies people grew to rely on.
    Either way I'm all for forcing people to.change how they play
    Skill is when you can do more with less. Beating 6* content with 4* champs is an indication of skill. I'm not talking about synergies since I don't have the top synergy dependent champs, but there are counters to certain champs that many don't have as 5* or 6*. And when the game is based on RNG, waiting months to get a single champ to finish something that you MIGHT have the skill for is rubbish.
    You keep talking about difficult challenges. Increased difficulty through nodes etc is what that's supposed to be. Restricting roster usage and punishing those who are unlucky with 5* pulls isn't.
    Variant was a good measure of skill. I know people who have made do with 4* against the Variant nodes, which as you say is an indication of skill.
  • Options

Mike12867 said:

I made it up. Think about the most common synergies used today and how much better they make already great champs.

Kabam is not saying you can't have the synergy (which is a nerf) but they are stopping you from using it in certain content, so, not a nerf.

They have learned.
    IF they wantd to stop you from using synergies they would have asked you to enter with only 1 champion. There is much more to this than that. for me (GHOST user) I care only about synergy, For others, they might find archangel very useful as they have him at 5/50 and sig 99 VS a 5* R2 archangel sitting unduped. Who is better? 5/50 ofc.

Someone might have void at 5/50 sig 99 which gets the job done for reversing heal. Someone else might have 3/45 void unduped. Who is better? 5/50

Someone might have 4/55 Omega red at sig 20 with no more stones to pump into him. They may also have 5/50 Omega at sig 99. Who is better, probably 4/55 but since 5/50 may deal more DoT, they prefer 5/50

People bought OGV for power control. You may have one at sig 60 as 4/55 and another at sig 99 as 5/50. Who is better for COMPLETE power control? 5/50

I have CAIW at 5/50 at sig 99 and 3/45 CAIW unduped. Who do I use more? 5/50 due to heal reversal.

PLENTY OF EXAMPLES UP

I am against this mainly for not being able to use ghost synergies. But if I have to use archangel or void or CAIW to make a particular fight easier, I will go for the 5/50 over my Ghost. Who benefits here? Those who have been playing the game for very long time. PEople who have SPENT a lot of money on this game and massively grown their 5* roster are at benefit. An impatient guy LIKE ME who wants to get up there desperately as an 'endgame' player is at a disadvantage as I will/may be looking to spend into the game for more 5*

Its not ONLY about synergies. Barely 25% of it is synergies. Rest is who is more useful.

If you have 4* mutant AG and 5* mutant AG, would you use both of those on your archangel? Maybe not the 5* bcuz the 4* does the job and difference isnt as much.
  • Options
    BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69

BenLucas said:

Would have appreciated some advance warning, a fair bit of rankup materials went into 4* champs with utility (given how variant was setup)... of course the act6 content should be challenging but this is poor communication yet again from developers.

Its permanent content. Why would you need advanced notice? Nobody made you rank 4*'s for variant.
    Because rankup materials dont drop out of the sky, some folks put a bit of effort building rosters that are balanced across utility and across classes. And if it is permanent content, then one would expect to PERMANENTLY use all champs on that same content. But as I said before, act6 should be hard, just dont drop this newsflash a few days before it is released.

• Options
    BenLucas said:

BenLucas said:

Would have appreciated some advance warning, a fair bit of rankup materials went into 4* champs with utility (given how variant was setup)... of course the act6 content should be challenging but this is poor communication yet again from developers.

Its permanent content. Why would you need advanced notice? Nobody made you rank 4*'s for variant.
    Because rankup materials dont drop out of the sky, some folks put a bit of effort building rosters that are balanced across utility and across classes. And if it is permanent content, then one would expect to PERMANENTLY use all champs on that same content. But as I said before, act6 should be hard, just dont drop this newsflash a few days before it is released.

That guy is only here for trolls, ignore him. I haven't seen people 'backing' kabam's decision make solid points at all. Synergies? BS. Allow only 1 champ to enter quest then if its because of synergies lol.

You'd rather use 5/50 max sig AA than 3/45 sig 20 AA. Awakening and sig is also another thing why they wanna keep 4* outta this
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Mike12867 said:

Mike12867 said:

I made it up. Think about the most common synergies used today and how much better they make already great champs.

Kabam is not saying you can't have the synergy (which is a nerf) but they are stopping you from using it in certain content, so, not a nerf.

They have learned.
    IF they wantd to stop you from using synergies they would have asked you to enter with only 1 champion. There is much more to this than that. for me (GHOST user) I care only about synergy, For others, they might find archangel very useful as they have him at 5/50 and sig 99 VS a 5* R2 archangel sitting unduped. Who is better? 5/50 ofc.

Someone might have void at 5/50 sig 99 which gets the job done for reversing heal. Someone else might have 3/45 void unduped. Who is better? 5/50

Someone might have 4/55 Omega red at sig 20 with no more stones to pump into him. They may also have 5/50 Omega at sig 99. Who is better, probably 4/55 but since 5/50 may deal more DoT, they prefer 5/50

People bought OGV for power control. You may have one at sig 60 as 4/55 and another at sig 99 as 5/50. Who is better for COMPLETE power control? 5/50

I have CAIW at 5/50 at sig 99 and 3/45 CAIW unduped. Who do I use more? 5/50 due to heal reversal.

PLENTY OF EXAMPLES UP

I am against this mainly for not being able to use ghost synergies. But if I have to use archangel or void or CAIW to make a particular fight easier, I will go for the 5/50 over my Ghost. Who benefits here? Those who have been playing the game for very long time. PEople who have SPENT a lot of money on this game and massively grown their 5* roster are at benefit. An impatient guy LIKE ME who wants to get up there desperately as an 'endgame' player is at a disadvantage as I will/may be looking to spend into the game for more 5*

Its not ONLY about synergies. Barely 25% of it is synergies. Rest is who is more useful.

If you have 4* mutant AG and 5* mutant AG, would you use both of those on your archangel? Maybe not the 5* bcuz the 4* does the job and difference isnt as much.
    i do agree with wat you are saying and not gunna argue it.
    i have max sig 5/50 CAIW.
    and 4/55 sig 120 CAIW.
    who did i use for Rulk boss?
    who did i use for diablo Boss?
    and also other instances.
    whenever getting that sig to trigger is important the utility of max sig 4* far outshines lower sig 4/55.

and as i have said i dont 100% agree with or like this.
    i am just saying wat eva they have done it for lets just work with it and do it.
  • Options
    StvDamitStvDamit Posts: 55
    The problem is there's no other reason for this, apart from the "buy more stuff" aspect. And in 5.2 there was no "ban", just a penalty. It’s fun when its class related like variant, you ‘ll get a hard time somewhere, you have an easy time on some other chapter. You have the whole game turned towards unique synergies, and then you take out more than half the people's ability to utilize them. It’s not that is going to be easy with 5* even.
  • Options

All these people that are crying are so immature... This is called END GAME!!!! 5 and 6 stars only... Get over it!!

Lol. End game is just a phrase and Avenger's New Movie Title. It's only correct if the game ends after that.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

These requirements aren’t making it any harder, that’s the thing. They’re just encouraging you to purchase more 5*’s, to build a better 5* roster. It’s a cheap move. I could do perfectly fine with my 4*’s... but they are forcing myself & many others to upgrade 5*’s for literally no reason, aside from it saying so Lmao.
    It’s like me being forced to dump my old car, for a brand new one, although the old one runs perfectly fine 🚗. Not even to mention the RNG of it all. If that’s not a cash grab to you... you must be a very wealthy person.

#MilkTheBloodyWhales

not a cash grab to me because i wont buy anything.
  • Options
    StvDamit said:

All these people that are crying are so immature... This is called END GAME!!!! 5 and 6 stars only... Get over it!!

Lol. End game is just a phrase and Avenger's New Movie Title. It's only correct if the game ends after that.
    it is end game as it is currently the hardest content available.
    at this point in time 100% 5.4 is end game as there is no more story after it.
    soon that will change to 6.1
    End game is whateva the hardest content currently is because once you do it there is nothing else except wait for more.

its a standard gaming term and used in all games to mean the exact same thing.

and also "avengers END GAME" is not the end of the MCU so is that titled wrong?
    it is only the end of the avengers as we know it and then progress down a different path.
  • Options
    LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    This move is atrocious!

How many of us have spent hundreds if not thousands in the game buying offers to actually rank up 4 stars that have long term viability for future content? I've ranked up 4*'s knowing that while my future is 5/6*'s - I need certain champs for synergy purposes - and if I'm rolling w. a 4* champ on my squad of 5*'s for that purpose I want them to be r5 max / max sa ~ so if I do use them while clearing a path they are a viable option. I have spent hundreds (if not more) in this game and Kabam has turned around and slapped me in the face - and then slugged me in the gut dropping me to the ground while laughing & urinating on me and calling me a stupid pitiful fool - that's how it feels .. after I have supported this company financially for so long 🤬

absolutely horrible and in all reality ~ quite possibly fraudulent on their part.
  • Options
    MaatMan said:

StvDamit said:

End game is whateva the hardest content currently is because once you do it there is nothing else except wait for more.

it is only the end of the avengers as we know it and then progress down a different path.
    variant 100% is end game and this has nothing to do with the movie, either way your roster might be stacked and u may prefer using unduped archangel of 5* variety over duped, max sig 4* but others arent suicidal like u
  • Options
    Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

StvDamit said:

variant 100% is end game and this has nothing to do with the movie, either way your roster might be stacked and u may prefer using unduped archangel of 5* variety over duped, max sig 4* but others arent suicidal like u
    never said anything bout movie and game being connected.
    read wat i was replying to.

and dud i already replied to you and said i prefer my max sig 4* CAIW over my sig 100 4/55 in certain situations.
    so how about you read my replies before you jump on me
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

I'm going to try to not laugh.
    When I see comments like that...

xNig said:

the meta is skill.
    synergies just make it easier.
    and make those without skill able.
    those with skill dont need synergies.

...I can't stop :D:D:D

Sorry, but, when I will see someone with ''skills'' one shot The Collector without any synergy, then, I'll believe it.

And, wait until Nick Fury is out, he have a ton of synergies. I guess that the ''skills'' ones, won't play it.

@MaatMan I don't attack you directly, I just used your post for quoting, no hard feelings.
    Don’t remember saying that. But whether or not I did, I don’t really care. Cause put it simply,

Synergies make things easier for people. Take Domino for example. People bring her with Massacre and Rulk for synergy. Can she still do what she does without the synergy? Definitely. But the trade off is longer fights due to lower dps.

Another example, Heimdall. One cheat death is huge. But without it, can all the other champs on the team do what they’re meant to do? Yes. It just requires more skill as there’s lesser room for error.

The more popular example. Blade with GR synergy. Without villain synergy, is Blade still a good champ? Definitely. Can he do what he was designed to do, ie handle dimensional beings? Yes. Against villains can he still roll over them? Yes. But it takes more skill because there’s no danger sense for additional damage and ability reduction.

I don’t run teams with synergy. That’s the truth and I don’t find that there’s anything wrong about it.

However, that being said, I have outwardly expressed my disagreement with not allowing 4*s and below into Act 6 because, if someone is skilled enough to do A6 with 2*s, why not allow them?

And yes, to answer a question someone asked, from what I know, beta testers were allowed only 5/6*s in the 6.1 beta test.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Anyway @NEO_mr_Anderson, after checking your profile in game, I would suggest you stay off A6 for awhile.
  • Options
    SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    Ghost was an all star for chapter 2 Variant. And guess what.. I couldn't bring wasp! Just saying bro.. Ghost doesnt have to have the synergy. Just parry first and l2 if you're that reliant on her triple crit
  • Options
    Just to let you know.
    I play from early 2015 - I was actually targeted in advertising for playing Injustice, and I tried to hack iTunes to get in the store for Denmark because the game wasn’t available in Greece then.
    • I have a 6*ghost R2, and a 5* wasp, and a 5* Ant-man
    • also a 5* Blade and a 5* Stark Spidey both duped.
    • and a 5* Omega duped, a 6* SB, a 6* RS, a 5* Rhulk, a 5* Mephisto
    and almost all my synergies in place.
    • I’m part of a 20mil alliance, gold 1, doing map 5 and 6.

• I’m paying an average of 50-100euros per month because I believe that 3 hours of entertainment per day worth it, and I’ve paid 300 for 5* Vision duped, Odins, Cat5 etc.

I’m pretty sure I am not going to have a problem to progress through chapter 6.

But still, I am seriously considering quitting the game.

Not for any other reason than that this is a turning point where player’s skill and even luck is becoming irrelevant, by the decision to take out 4* from the picture.

The developer can create any content he likes, and you’re free to take it up or not. They define the champions, the PI, the nodes, the drop rates in the crystals, the rewards, practically everything. Even the requirements, yes, we are all right with that.

You take what you are given. That’s it. I’m in.

But what you are given is not supposed to be taken away, at least directly, and this is what’s happening right now, because you where given the synergies as a tool, unique synergies are what the game is about last 2 years, and now you are being seriously robbed out of it, randomly nerfing a massive amount of accounts, no retribution, no discount for 5* crystals, no nothing.

And it’s actually done out of a combination of greed and incompetency.

Greed to produce new amazing champions that will smash through anything making lucrative crystals, and incompetency to come up with challenges hard enough for these amazing champions. Hence, you get 4* banned, because it’s the closer they might be able to get away with, to massively nerf almost every account in the game.

You take what you are given. I get it. I’m in.

Unless I’m out.
  • Options
    ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    why are ppl so obsess with champion requirements to be taken off if they themselves have yet to even finish act 5, variant LOL or other hard content in the game?
    Rome wasn't built in one day, ppl need to take baby steps before they can run. i personally like that there is a requirement, this is THE LAST chapter...
    thanx for reading
  • Options
    BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i think Act 6 should remain free to use any champ we want .. as all acts always have been..... i hated doing variant with class only they wanted us to use... this was such a money grab.... this is bs..... ACT 6 should be free for 4 5 6 stars .. even 3 if we wanted ... and we should be able to choose any champion of any class during the whole act 6... seems like they are running out of ideas... and just want to limit us to certain class and champ use to get more money from us. ... THIS IS SOME BS !!!!
  • Options

why are ppl so obsess with champion requirements to be taken off if they themselves have yet to even finish act 5, variant LOL or other hard content in the game?
    Rome wasn't built in one day, ppl need to take baby steps before they can run. i personally like that there is a requirement, this is THE LAST chapter...
    thanx for reading

I've done all these and still I disagree strongly with chapter requirements. It's completely irrelevant.
  • Options
    TimeTravelerTimeTraveler Posts: 45
    I will stop playing if Kabam keeps this non-sense.
    Kabam advertised several times they were promoting we use more of our roster, making use of 2* and 3* only in some events.
    What is worst, why Kabam keeps selling , with money, 4* champs and shards if they won’t be usable in the future game content? Is this legal? Is this ethical ?
    We should go to App Store and start informing Apple and Google of this shady, unethical behavior of Kabam. They are cheating the customers.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    This isn't the first time we've seen champion requirements. So why is this some kind of shock to everyone. The only thing I'm going to miss is the challenge of using my 4*'s in harder content.

In variant we all had content that limited half of the greatest synergies in the game, and people adapted. I watched live streams of Pandaman and not once did the guy complain about not having Wasp.

Besides, they said ACT 6.1 NOT all of ACT 6. who knows what will come in 6.2-6.4

• Options
    LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92

thanx for reading

My act 5 is at 100% and I still disagree wholeheartedly

• Options
    ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    This comments section is a dumpster fire of epic proportions.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

Every Champ is a standalone. No Champ NEEDS their Synergy. They're enhanced by them, but they work just fine without them.

Needs have prerequisites; MODOK needs Abomination in order to reliably regenerate health.
    Umm no? Just don’t use suicides.
    Let me explain more clearly what MODOK is without Abomination. Lack of suicides means that MODOK has -38% Attack, No longer regenerates health, and takes 100% more damage from poison. Imagine that as a global node for Act 6 on top of all the other nodes in the act. MODOK is arguably the hardest hit by the ban on 4-stars.
    Your analogy is poor. Having Abomination is like having a positive buff, not having him is like not having that buff, it is not like not having the buff and having a debuff at the same time.
  • Options
    BenLucas said:

BenLucas said:

you seem to be missing the point, it is permanent connect, you can access it now, or in a year, or just right before the servers go offline, you dont have to access it now. Inj fact if you dont have a full 5* team you probably shouldn't, but focus on the other content that gives yuo that, uncollected, variant.
  • Options

thanx for reading

My act 5 is at 100% and I still disagree wholeheartedly

you also have a full team of 5/6*s so therefore it being maxed makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.