**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My first 6 star...thoughts?

humzah217humzah217 Posts: 426 ★★

Any good? What’s the best way to use him? And is he a defence or offence champ?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    6*'s before lv 60... anyways the best way to use him...is to play him
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Put it this way. I took mine to r2 even Unawakened. His true strike is incredible, especially with the winter soldier synergy. His indestructible will save you from so many things and the massive damage off the SP3 bleeds comes in very handy in longer matchups. One thing I think gets overlooked a lot is his animations. He is one of the smoothest champs to intercept with. Increased my intercept skill tenfold since I got him. And if you get him awakened he gets a lot more damage I believe and damage back on Defense, which he is also amazing on even Unawakened. Chuck him on node 29 and you usually get a kill or two. So congrats, it’s an amazing pull
  • Options
    Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 477 ★★★
    Nice pull. I just pulled my 5th 6* and duped my Yondu. I'm glad to have Yondu, but to dupe someone with a pretty much worthless sig sucks.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Some will say he is overrated or there are better champs, and I agree there are better champs at certain things but in my opinion he's one of the best 6* pulls around.

The case for Killmonger as a 6*: he's good unawakened and he's good as both attacker and defender, which means as a defender you're getting a rank 4 defender without having to spend rank up materials.

Beyond that, his true strike and his indestructible charges are very useful offensive abilities. And he has a synergy with Void that gives Void a little bit of a heal, which means Killmonger is both useful on his own and improves another very strong champion, so he's not just an unused synergy spot.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Some will say he is overrated or there are better champs, and I agree there are better champs at certain things but in my opinion he's one of the best 6* pulls around.

The case for Killmonger as a 6*: he's good unawakened and he's good as both attacker and defender, which means as a defender you're getting a rank 4 defender without having to spend rank up materials.

Beyond that, his true strike and his indestructible charges are very useful offensive abilities. And he has a synergy with Void that gives Void a little bit of a heal, which means Killmonger is both useful on his own and improves another very strong champion, so he's not just an unused synergy spot.

Don’t forget the sabretooth and winter soldier synergies as well. Come to think of it; his synergies are mad

• Options
    TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I took my 5* to r5 unawakened and have no regrets. He is an awesome champ! Best true strike in the game (at least imo), able to counter stun immunity with his counterpunches, and can tank opponents l3's with his indestructible charges from his own l2. And a wicked l3 that is very useful for longer fights, that can reactivate all the stacks of Bleed he's triggered throughout the fight all at once!!

He also has some very good synergies, notably with Sabretooth, void and winter solider. Him, Sabretooth and WS make for an absolute killer of a team in Variant! Congrats!
  • Options
    Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Good.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    KM is a awesome pull
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I really hate you. Been wanting a KM over 4* for a yearish.
  • Options
    Physology101Physology101 Posts: 77
    Congrats
  • Options
    TO_BeatzTO_Beatz Posts: 73
    I have a 6* Iron Fist, Storm and Blue Cyclops
  • Options
    TO_BeatzTO_Beatz Posts: 73
    edited March 2019
    Killmonger can tank SP3s with his SP2 when he's at 2 or 3+ charges. When you stack up enough bleeds, he also does massive bleed damage when you activate his SP3.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    My thoughts are why is one summoners 6* pull better than all 6 of my 6* pulls put together...? I’m going to go to a corner and cry now :cry:
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Congrats I would love a km in 5 or 6*.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    humzah217 said:

@MaatMan nah man I had to work my a** off for this 6 star 😂 beat act 5, always 100% exploring uncollected EQ, it was hella hard getting these 6* shards, not to mention duping my iron patriot twice and a bunch of other trash 5* 😥. Kabam kinda played me when I opened the 6* aswell it literally froze for a good 3 seconds on a Corvus then it just moved to KM so that’s why I was asking if he was good or not cause I was pretty salty about Corvus. (I’ve got a video of it but won’t let me send).

my point is you are level 56,
    most of us have been level 60 for a billion years before we got a 6*.
    you dont even know how good KM is.

you know who my first 6* was? JUGG..... fricken useless JUGG....
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    He was my first 6*, and has been amazing. I have 5/65 Void which makes him extra great. Just finished 100% of Ch.1 Variant, and he was arguably my MVP.
  • Options
    JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    MaatMan said:

humzah217 said:

@MaatMan nah man I had to work my a** off for this 6 star 😂 beat act 5, always 100% exploring uncollected EQ, it was hella hard getting these 6* shards, not to mention duping my iron patriot twice and a bunch of other trash 5* 😥. Kabam kinda played me when I opened the 6* aswell it literally froze for a good 3 seconds on a Corvus then it just moved to KM so that’s why I was asking if he was good or not cause I was pretty salty about Corvus. (I’ve got a video of it but won’t let me send).

If you regularly do UC each month, you can get them real quick. I got my first 6* at lvl 56 and second at lvl 59. I'm still at lvl 59 lol.
    Btw i got Wasp and Hela as my first two 6*s.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

MaatMan said:

humzah217 said:

If you regularly do UC each month, you can get them real quick. I got my first 6* at lvl 56 and second at lvl 59. I'm still at lvl 59 lol.
    Btw i got Wasp and Hela as my first two 6*s.
    i do them every single month 100%.
    i currently have 4.
    but still no really really special ones.
    i have Guily who is great and i love and enjoy.
    i have nebula who i need to learn atm i suck with her.
    and i also have dorm who i actually quite enjoy. great fun and amazing power control.

but still gotta be jealous of something like KM.
    personally not so jealous of your two. i dont like hela and i have 5* wasp and she is pretty good but nothing to special for me.
  • Options
    ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    pretty good
  • Options
    Congrats; Killmonger is one of my favorite Champions in the game! His Bleed is good, he can tank SP3s with his Indestructible Charges, his animations are great, and his True Strike has gotten me through a lot of fights.

On the topic of his True Strike, the Counterpunch Charges he gets from his SP1 can be helpful in making sure you can move in and activate that True Strike after your opponent fires off their Special Attack. You can often do it with timing, spacing, and Dexterity alone, but Counterpunch can help you to do it more safely, which can be helpful while you learn the character and the timings needed to get True Strike. On some Special Attacks that are longer or have more hits, you may even think about using Dexterity to evade one or more hits earlier in the attack, saving your Counterpunch Charges so you can use them to rush in at the end of the special.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    humzah217 said:

@ContestOfNoobs cheers omega red addict 😂😂😂 nah seriously bro u HAVE to change ur name to omega red addict 😂. Love the YouTube videos keep it up 🤙🔥

Omega my favorite champ, u gota find a champion u like to rank up and play