**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just an honest question to whom it might concern.

So just an honest question to the devs and Miike or any one who can give a serious answer and not just runaround.

Why not stop putting out characters for about 2 or 3 months and instead focus more on rebalancing more older characters or work on filling out those 14 or 15 empty slots on the masteries, or just raising the level cap and giving us more mastery points? Or changing the Solo Crystals so players at lvl 60 don't get useless XP boosts out of them.

That's it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    An honest answer from a business perspective: Money

New champions drive purchases of FGMC, as well as money spent arena grinding for the champions. Lots of benefit to be made from doing that twice a month.

I do agree with you on the level cap - but I don't think it should be changed. I think it should still be 60, but we should be allowed to restart & fill the bar (giving us a reason to use said boosts), and then earn like, 200,000 gold when we hit a new "level". Be good incentive and a good way to introduce extra gold into the game that isn't arena.

Not sure that I'm super-keen to see them add new masteries yet, especially since there are some old ones that still require some major tweaking and I'd like to see those get addressed first. (I'm mentioning Pure Skill, just because I know it would make Mutamatt proud.) Only my opinion though.
  • Options
    Plenty of people will still spend money if they stop putting out new characters for 2 or 3 months.
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

Plenty of people will still spend money if they stop putting out new characters for 2 or 3 months.

FGMCs are something that whales spend a LOT of money on. Stopping sales of those for a while just isn't in the cards for Kabam.
  • Options
    I never said anything about stopping sales. I mean they just need to stop wasting resources on putting out NEW characters each month and divert them on fixing the game and getting rid of all the bugs and issues. And maby rework older characters.

because of the variety of the versions of android and iOS the game supports and the different hardware that they have to adjust it for, that takes up allot of resources and man hours so instead of wasting time developing new characters it would be great of they utilized their man power and resources for a few months fix what's already there.

All the people that blindly waste tons of money on this game will still keep spending because having the newest and latest character or getting the ones they don't have is what boosts their ego and they won't stop because at his point they are just gambling addicts with no self control. So even if they went 3 months with no new characters and challenges they still have plenty of monthly quests they could replay or bring back to allow people a chance to farm more resources or gold
  • Options
    There are simple ways of creating revenue outside of a focus on new champs.
    Re-run popular champs in an fgmc if you want.

If it's all a money thing, long money is almost always better... Especially if you can protect short money with existing characters. A smoother, better tested overall product would go a long way towards making people feel good about dropping some cash. "well, I asked for x, y, z.. And look at that! They did it! Now I'm not so afraid to go after whatever champ I want".

I would guess that their dev schedule is laid out for a long time tho and tightly knit with marvel. But who knows.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Do a quick YouTube look up on FGMCs, and the date they're posted. People want the new champs to have a leg up on the field. Sure people would still buy, but not anywhere near the same rate.

From a player perspective your suggestion is a good one, from a business perspective its a total non starter.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

You run a store find the best selling item you have and remove it from your shelf for 3 months.

That's just bad business
    No, bad business is trying to keep making money off people with a product that does not function properly. Not putting out new characters for a few months to fix the game is good business. With the overwhelming amount of posts about buggs is a huge red flag that there is something seriously wrong and them not stopping to fix it and trying to steam roll past is is not good business.