**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

Comments

• Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

I don't understand. I earned shards from investing my time in game. It's my wish when to buy crystals. Hoard or spend is my decision entirely. Now game team wants to control that too? It's like I earn money in life. It's my wish when I buy something. When I buy something then I need to plan it that in which way I'm using my money effectively. It's same here. This is so crazy. Frankly.

And you're still welcome to spend your Crystal Shards however you would like! We're just not going to be putting out the list of Champions you can get in advance anymore. This is common in many games, but we want to encourage people to take a chance on what is available now, or decide if they want to wait for something else.

For all we know, maybe people will decide to hoard more and then we'll make the choice to reverse this decision, but we won't know until we try.

One thing that somebody brought up here that I am going to take back to the game team is that somethings have changed lately, and that's the importance of certain Champions to counter certain challenges or as keys to certain content, like Back Issues #1.
    I think we have that data before the featured 5 star came out. Everyone was still hoarding for the next attempt at the feature they wanted. You have the data for all this already.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Lormif said:

Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

I often defend Kabam on these forums, but I see no benefit in this change. I think many of us would like to know whether to open crystals now or wait a week, and with the increase in champ requirements, these decisions are even more crucial. Doesn't seem like the hardest thing for Kabam to do for us.
    You already know ~half the champions in the pool, if you are holding out to know what the other half is I am not sure the point. Most of the time people go for the new champions not the old.
    I’m sure that a lot of people do go for the featured crystals just for the new champs, but there are just as many, if not more, that go for the featured crystals not exclusively to try for the new champs, but to try for the best chance at a useful champ they don’t already have. Without knowing the rest of the pool, you don’t know just how many useful champs the pool has for you depending on what kind of utility your roster’s missing and which champs you already have.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

I don't understand. I earned shards from investing my time in game. It's my wish when to buy crystals. Hoard or spend is my decision entirely. Now game team wants to control that too? It's like I earn money in life. It's my wish when I buy something. When I buy something then I need to plan it that in which way I'm using my money effectively. It's same here. This is so crazy. Frankly.

And you're still welcome to spend your Crystal Shards however you would like! We're just not going to be putting out the list of Champions you can get in advance anymore. This is common in many games, but we want to encourage people to take a chance on what is available now, or decide if they want to wait for something else.

For all we know, maybe people will decide to hoard more and then we'll make the choice to reverse this decision, but we won't know until we try.

One thing that somebody brought up here that I am going to take back to the game team is that somethings have changed lately, and that's the importance of certain Champions to counter certain challenges or as keys to certain content, like Back Issues #1.
    Take a chance...? ...at getting the same lousy champs multiple times because the game leaves that low hanging fruit of possibly getting one of the newer champs that would help clear the games content.

I can understand why people do it (and have been annoyed seeing the same money-spenders getting the champ while others get the shaft) but I feel you bringing in the unhealthy bit is going to cause people to hoard out of spite
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,187 ★★★★★

Okay you have so much hates but that fair either becasse not you ther make the decision but completely unfair for lower tier. Becasse ther so many bad one and ther can make a **** with most 5 star and 6 champ make them usfell then we might also stop hoerad them and suggest to can we get more 5 star shard from UC mode has Ben long time sims that luach so migt need a few upgrades I’m find if. Tier5 stay the same even giv rank2 gym maybe aside from variant lvl becasse that need many champ becasse that endgame contest but uc is kind Ben mid tier lvl from them ther hav cler 5.2.

• Options
    CPT_SmashCPT_Smash Posts: 17

So, y’all are simply cancelling the announcement and nothing else is changing? Meaning we still know the 6 newest champs come out every 84 days, and now we just won’t know which garbage filler champs will be thrown in with them?

Is that he gist of this whole thing?
  • Options
    Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50
    V1PER1987 said:

We know 25% of the pool. And some of us are still looking for older champs like Hyperion, Medusa, Doctor Voodo, Quake, etc. So it is important to know the older champs.

The idea is that those champs are already available now in the basic so you could theoretically pop a crystal and have that champ immediately instead of hoarding for months to maybe get them.

• Options
    Mystix13 said:

V1PER1987 said:

We know 25% of the pool. And some of us are still looking for older champs like Hyperion, Medusa, Doctor Voodo, Quake, etc. So it is important to know the older champs.

The idea is that those champs are already available now in the basic so you could theoretically pop a crystal and have that champ immediately instead of hoarding for months to maybe get them.

There’s a big difference between pulling a specific champ out of a pool of 24 and pulling that same champ out of a pool of 100+ and growing.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mystix13 said:

V1PER1987 said:

I’ve been trying to get DV for a long time now on both accounts, unsuccessfully I might add. Spending an extra 50% shards for roughly a 500% increased chance to get a champ is a risk most people would be willing to take.
  • Options
    redm4nredm4n Posts: 48
    @Kabam Miike easy solution to all of this. Get rid of Featured crystals. Just let the champs flow into the normal 10k crystal and release a schedule (most will he able to figure it out without anyways).
  • Options
    bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Think "Financial Health" of the game..

At this rate just remove all crystal shard crystals. Only FGMC crystals available for purchase.. That's basically the way they've been pushing the game anyway. While we're at it maybe $15 to log-in and $4.99 / min to play would help "balance" the game /s
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Lormif said:

Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

I often defend Kabam on these forums, but I see no benefit in this change. I think many of us would like to know whether to open crystals now or wait a week, and with the increase in champ requirements, these decisions are even more crucial. Doesn't seem like the hardest thing for Kabam to do for us.
    You already know ~half the champions in the pool, if you are holding out to know what the other half is I am not sure the point. Most of the time people go for the new champions not the old.
    Then you save your shards until they are in there.. That does not explain the need to know.
  • Options
    TinoMia said:

@Kabam Miike should just stop talking. Every time you speak, you just further bury yourself. Your initial response should have simply been, we’re no longer issuing lists in advanced, the community will know when the new feature is released. This was a Kabam business decision. Instead, you insult the community by saying hoarding in unhealthy.

@Kabam Miike This. Exactly what I messaged you earlier. I probably wouldn’t have worded it like that but still.

If you have to deliver news to the community that we won’t like because of a business decision for the game, then just say that.

At the end of the day we all really do like this game. Heck, most of us help fund it quite often too. We want to see it do well and can accept when Kabam needs to make reasonable changes for the sake of those continued efforts of profits.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Frankly they are telling us that they don't find time to be doing this exercise of posting info of featured crystals. It saves time and money for them. This is the actually gist and summary of it.
  • Options
    Kenny292 said:

Mystix13 said:

V1PER1987 said:

There’s a big difference between pulling a specific champ out of a pool of 24 and pulling that same champ out of a pool of 100+ and growing.
    @Kenny292 I couldn’t agree more. I simply see the other side of the argument they are making as well. Lower odds but could theoretically have that champ sooner than hoarding. It’s a gamblers impass.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Everybody is totally missing the point. If you know what’s coming in the next feature, you can plan for it. The more you can plan, the more informed decisions you can make and the less impulse buying you have to do. Obviously anything that helps the player and could impede them spending needs to be squashed. It really is that simple.

For example, completing act 6.1 gives you a one time 24 hour offer to rank up a 5* from R4-R5. Had people known about this in advance, they could’ve hoarded the units to snatch that up. However, the hope is that the 24 hour time crunch pressures you into buying a small fortune in units. Every “deal” is structured in this manner. It’s basic business. It’s in their best interest to keep the community in the dark as much as said community is willing to tolerate. I’m not advocating for the practice or even claiming it’s ethical. I’m just saying changes like this are obviously not made just to make everyone angry. They’re made to try to squeeze out more $$$

Understandable...I would imagine most of the community by now know that. It’s how Miiike worded his response that seems to have gotten under everyone’s skin.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Frankly they are telling us that they don't find time to be doing this exercise of posting info of featured crystals. It saves time and money for them. This is the actually gist and summary of it.

So you are saying copying and pasting is saving them soooo much time that it is the only reason?
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I have a suggestion for the game team. If they don’t want us hoarding shards, they should stop releasing god tier high prestige champs. Release only new champs that have the prestige of star lord and the usefulness of colossus. I can almost guarantee nobody will hoard for feature crystals anymore.
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    It would be so cool if thrillson could join in too!
  • Options

I’m sure they’d love to post on threads like these as Thrillson because it’s basically a free pass to really say what they feel with much less of a professional filter lol
  • Options
    Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 116
    I'm waiting for kabam to add a shard cap now
  • Options
    Ultra_GalactusUltra_Galactus Posts: 35
    What would be nice is if rather than Kabam tell the community what they are going to stop, the community says that's not cool, kabam say we aren't listening to you and that's that...
    They actually start working with the community to make the game better for everyone.
    This isn't a huge deal but going forward, working with content creators again to get the right direction will keep people interested and playing the game.
    Just my thoughts
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Kenny292 said:

I’m sure they’d love to post on threads like these as Thrillson because it’s basically a free pass to really say what they feel with much less of a professional filter lol
    That is why it's be cool.
    We would at least know what they really have to say.
  • Options
    loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    @Kabam Miike this should of been announced . All you had to say was "Here is the next 5* feature list, Going forward we will not be releasing the list early"

My feeling is that they know how many people are hoarding crystals and the next list will have a ton of bad characters and people will have waited for a crappy list.
  • Options

I wouldn't call them Garbage Filler Champs, but the rest is correct. There is not change coming to the Crystals. There just won't be an announcement in advance anymore.

Yes we all know of your love for cyclops @Kabam Miike. My 6* roster however isn’t loving the newest addition of blue cyke and miles.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

CPT_Smash said:

So, y’all are simply cancelling the announcement and nothing else is changing? Meaning we still know the 6 newest champs come out every 84 days, and now we just won’t know which garbage filler champs will be thrown in with them?

Is that he gist of this whole thing?

I wouldn't call them Garbage Filler Champs, but the rest is correct. There is not change coming to the Crystals. There just won't be an announcement in advance anymore.
    They really are garbage filler champs mostly. Like 95% of the non-featured champs in the crystal are garbage fillers. Which is why the new featured 5* sucks.
This discussion has been closed.