**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Electro good on thorns node?

at0mat0m Posts: 92
Hi my alliance and I have a discussion about Electro on thorns node.
I think that his ability to reflect damage does not stack with thorns node but I could be wrong.
Can someone please clarify?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    It does stack, but he's not very good on thorns since the characters people use to face Thorn nodes hard counter him.
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    It does indeed do thorns damage and electro damage to the opponent at the same time
  • Options
    SharkShark Posts: 28
    He use to be a lot better on thorns than he is now.
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Depends on your war teir, in the bottom tiers, he's good but in the upper tiers he is easily countered
  • Options
    AbarttoirAbarttoir Posts: 38
    It would be wise to engage a Thorns node with someone like Elektra, Black Widow or an other character that counters it. Those abilities of champs will also counter Eletro's ability. Electro also has relatively low health and you wanna have as much fun as possible from a Thorns node, so a durable champ is preferred. Plus you'll have class disadvantage if someone attacks with Elektra or BW, so I wouldn't place him on Thorns nodes.

I usually place a Jugg or Mordo with max Mystic Dispersion on those nodes, or otherwise a champ with much health, regen or armour. Everything except Science class.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    edited July 2017
    No. people steamroll him nowadays even in lower tiers
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    No. Like it was said above, people already bring an ability reduction champ (usually a skill) or regen champ for those node. Also Electro is a glass cannon with relatively low health: he is better as a surprise on a bleed or poison node or on something with enhanced armor and health or optimist/pessimist that makes it take more hits to kill him.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    He's never been any good on thorns. Won't say why or who's good because I don't want opponents taking advantage but he's not ideal
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I use hulk to take out thorns and it works so well also so that the enemies after that will be easy to take out because of the damage done to hulk.
  • Options
    SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    Electro is better at outlast node. Since electro has high sp damage . So more the electro survives more chance is opponent will be killed . I hv tried in my alliance it has given me a good amount of defence kill
  • Options
    BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    Electro is good in either one of these nodes, heavy health boosted nodes like mini boss, physical and energy resist node as he got small health, power gain node.
    For thorn node its better put high health champs, hulk is great in here. People usually mistake high armor champ like collosus in thorn node. High armor means less damage dealth, less damage dealt means less thorn effect on attacker. Regen champs are good also.
    In bleed or degen node you got 3 option actually that fits. Someone who evades a lot like NC, Awaken spidy, or someone who blocks a lot like Mordo, Hyperion, or Somoone got high armor like Collosus, Buster. Cause they can make the fight longer, and longer fight means high auto bleed or degen damage. Also immune champs like ultron, vision, luke also good as they need a lot hit to kill that also prolongs fight duration.
    Above mention is considering only having node max benifit, ofcourse all of them got counters like Ultron for bleed node, 6 of us in our alliance got him, we designated one to use him and hit bleed node. And i usually preffer leaving degen node in war, still it can be minimised with regen champs with willpower and recovery in mastary setup.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Blackbeard wrote: »
    Electro is good in either one of these nodes, heavy health boosted nodes like mini boss, physical and energy resist node as he got small health, power gain node.
    For thorn node its better put high health champs, hulk is great in here. People usually mistake high armor champ like collosus in thorn node. High armor means less damage dealth, less damage dealt means less thorn effect on attacker. Regen champs are good also.
    In bleed or degen node you got 3 option actually that fits. Someone who evades a lot like NC, Awaken spidy, or someone who blocks a lot like Mordo, Hyperion, or Somoone got high armor like Collosus, Buster. Cause they can make the fight longer, and longer fight means high auto bleed or degen damage. Also immune champs like ultron, vision, luke also good as they need a lot hit to kill that also prolongs fight duration.
    Above mention is considering only having node max benifit, ofcourse all of them got counters like Ultron for bleed node, 6 of us in our alliance got him, we designated one to use him and hit bleed node. And i usually preffer leaving degen node in war, still it can be minimised with regen champs with willpower and recovery in mastary setup.
    Thorn damage is a fixed amount, not % of damage dealt like Electro's passive, so armor champs with high HP like Colossus are actually better.
  • Options
    No. Thorn damage as far i recall is a % of damage dealt to the defender not a fixed one.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    No. Thorn damage as far i recall is a % of damage dealt to the defender not a fixed one.
    It's % of defenders attack per hit, not damage dealt, it's fixed damage.
    5ft6vt5oatsr.png
  • Options
    Yah sorry for that, my mistake. Even i were checking that again right now. Hahaha Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    But right now again its doubtfull, 15% of attack means attack of defender or the attack that made contact?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    But right now again its doubtfull, 15% of attack means attack of defender or the attack that made contact?
    15% of the defenders attack, if it was like Electro then it would say 15% of the damage dealt/inflicted.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,770 ★★★★★
    It's % of defenders attack per hit, not damage dealt, it's fixed damage.

I always thought it was 15% of the attacker's attack strength, retaliated.

Attack is 1000 (say with crit damage), 150 damage suffers. Attack is 100, 15 damage suffers.

I kept thinking why an awakened Ant-Man will glance don't fare well here. I know high tier alliance says it's a walk-over.

Surely, it has value on lower tier AW?