**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Nick Fury Synergy Nerf

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom here is the actual definition of nerf: cause to be weak or ineffective.

Intention has nothing to do with whether something is nerfed. This is why a bug fix can be considered a nerf.

Not if it was ineffective to begin with, ergo not working as intended.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    No. You have an overly-broad definition of what a nerf is. The word is thrown around so much colloquially that people have become confused as to what an actual nerf is.
  • Options

Obviously they knew. If they didn't, then they didn't take the time to read, which I highly doubt. If they're going to invest that much energy and Resources into getting a Champ for one specific Synergy, they're going to know exactly what it does and doesn't do.

The players had every reason to believe it was working as intended. They tested it, played with it for 3 weeks, & no announcement from Kabam saying otherwise.

And If the players took the time to to read, then the freaking developers should’ve too, & put out an announcement, warning folks of a bug. It’s common curtesy, something you don’t seem familiar with.
    Wrong. The Players took a chance, knowing it was bugged, and that's the chance you take when you assume they're going to let it ride.
  • Options

Overly broad? The definition of nerf is overly broad. That’s the point. You are changing the definition of the word to suit specific caveats, all because you’re too proud to admit you’ve been using the term incorrectly.
    @GroundedWisdom

This isn't the topic of the Thread. Period. I do not agree with your use of the word, and I do not agree with calling a bug fix a nerf. We can disagree and leave it at that.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I still stand by my statement that many players were unaware of this bug, but even if they weren’t... doesn’t matter. It’s just common knowledge to put that information out there, as a seller & gaming developer.

Do you know when they discovered it? No. You're claiming they have some type of responsibility, but people also have a responsibility before investing to make sure it's working as intended as well, and if the Description says one thing and it behaves another way, running out and investing all you can to get it is not anyone else's fault. I do not buy the excuse they didn't know. They knew enough about it to invest in it. Clearly they were aware.
  • Options
    Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Oh what a shock Kabam didn’t come out and say, “we’re going to update the text to reflect how this champion is working in game”. Typical kabam...
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    can you go derail somewhere else, instead of causing arguments in every topical thread getting them locked.
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    its obviously made the champion less desirable so its a nerf, whether its a bug or not, he is weaker for it
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Sorry but who didn’t see this coming. When I read that description and saw how he functioned it was immediately obvious it was a bug. Should they have noticed it and informed us this change was coming sooner? Of course they should’ve. But we should have been able to see this a mile off
  • Options

Should they have noticed it and informed us this change was coming sooner? Of course they should’ve. But we should have been able to see this a mile off

This is basically what I’m saying. Just inform us & give us a heads up... all I’m asking. I’m not defending any players
    It is of course possible they just found out about it, you know since they do 0 testing, but it’s doubtful. This should’ve been said from the get go
  • Options

Sorry but who didn’t see this coming. When I read that description and saw how he functioned it was immediately obvious it was a bug. Should they have noticed it and informed us this change was coming sooner? Of course they should’ve. But we should have been able to see this a mile off

That's just it, there's usually a process. Someone reports it here, they investigate, and if it's a bug, they confirm it and notify us of an incoming fix. If they come to realize it on their own, they let us know, and update us that a fix will be coming. This whole conversation makes no sense. I'm all for voicing issues, but complaining because they fixed a bug is really senseless. It wasn't operating as described. Anyone could see that. If people chased after the Champ because they weren't working as intended, I mean, hello!
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    BTW its been 17 days since Nick was released
  • Options
    Really doesn't matter how long it takes them. There's no timeline on fixing bugs, and they're not going to just leave it because it's been that long. Some bugs take much longer to fix, doesn't mean they stop being a priority.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    It's definitely a nerf, because the champion is made weaker and it's not as clear cut as reading the synergy and assuming it SHOULD work on only 1 debuff. There are many interactions in the game where multiple buffs/debuffs get purified if they get applied AT THE SAME TIME.

Example:
    Look at Thor with his parry. He puts armor break + stun, yet only 1 debuff gets purified when fighting a masochism node.

Then if you use an awakened Captain America Infinity War and parry ALL his debuffs get purified when fighting a masochism node (with his duped ability sometimes you can do up to 3 debuffs, yet they all get purified).

Shouldn't this get fixed instantly too? I bet they will never fix this interaction because it works against the players
  • Options
    LoPresti said:

It's definitely a nerf. I grinded arena just for his synergies. And it's not as clear cut as reading the synergy and assuming it SHOULD work on only 1 debuff. There are many interactions in the game where multiple buffs/debuffs get purified if they get applied AT THE SAME TIME.

Example:

Look at Thor with his parry. He puts armor break + stun, yet only 1 debuff gets purified when fighting a masochism node.
    Then if you use an awakened Captain America Infinity War and parry ALL his debuffs get purified when fighting a masochism (with his duped ability sometimes you can do up to 3 debuffs, yet they all get purified).
    Actually if you read the synergy it says it will purify *a* bleed, poison *or* shock. Those are singular

• Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    can kabam mike close this post its pointless anyway
This discussion has been closed.