**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wolverine X23 has a secret cruelty and bleed cap of 5

Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
https://youtu.be/t-YsscN2JVY

Pasted the wrong video originally, kudos to the person that caught that and lol'd the thread

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    She is an older champion, and those abilities where cap when released
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Its not secret, they have talked about that, they felt she was over powered without a cap
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

Yeah
    X23 has insane bleeds. Though I'd love if she didn't have a cap, it would probably be too much with max suicide masteries.

Nah, not in the current state of the game, with more powerful champs everywhere.

But on release? Certainly. She's suffering from a cap that was nevessary at the time of release. Similar to xpool deadforce and his single stack bleed.

X-23 is still a pretty strong champ by most metrics though, so I doubt she's on the short list to get buffed.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    It’s totally not a secret mate it’s written on her description that bleed/cruelty stack up to a maximum of five. She would be outrageous powerful if the time was released could stack more. Unfortunately kabam did it later and released game destroying champs (more characteristic example is blade and his silly synergies) that made others look like clowns. And then guess what: the community asked the older weaker champs to be buffed. And the game team did, but new game destroyers appeared (like Corvus) and the need to buff older champs is here again and the story goes on and on like this...
  • Options
    BromegaBromega Posts: 65

Well ... yes... ?
    It's not anything new. Almost every champ has a cap on the number of buffs/debuffs it can proc, and that number isn't on the abilities list

I've gone way over 5 bleeds with gwenpool and archangel, why should it stop with x23 without it being mentioned?

Well ... yes... ?
    It's not anything new. Almost every champ has a cap on the number of buffs/debuffs it can proc, and that number isn't on the abilities list

I've gone way over 5 bleeds with gwenpool and archangel, why should it stop with x23 without it being mentioned?

Well ... yes... ?

Well ... yes... ?

Well ... yes... ?

Well ... yes... ?

Well ... yes... ?

Well ... yes... ?

It’s been mentioned. Kabam has acknowledged that was part of her original design.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    This thread belongs in 2017
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Yes it is annoying while GP can stack 8+
  • Options
    Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    Greekhit said:

It’s totally not a secret mate it’s written on her description that bleed/cruelty stack up to a maximum of five. She would be outrageous powerful if the time was released could stack more. Unfortunately kabam did it later and released game destroying champs (more characteristic example is blade and his silly synergies) that made others look like clowns. And then guess what: the community asked the older weaker champs to be buffed. And the game team did, but new game destroyers appeared (like Corvus) and the need to buff older champs is here again and the story goes on and on like this...

" Critical Hits lacerate opponents with an 80% chance inflicting 1440.95 bleed damage over 5 Seconds.

Against naturally bleed immune Champions Wolverine changes her fighting style, gaining cruelty Buffs in place of her bleed effects increasing critical damage rating by 145.92 for 7.75 seconds."

It's not in her description, I wouldn't have posted this if it were
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Many champs have capped abilities/debuffs/buffs. Some would be too OP without them. That said, I agree its unfair to keep X23 at 5 with the excuse that she'd be OP when champs like Gwenpool, Domino & Nick Fury exist in the game now.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I swear I recall reading it in her description at some point in the past. Same with Moonknight being capped at 1 bleed, but not in the description either.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

I swear I recall reading it in her description at some point in the past. Same with Moonknight being capped at 1 bleed, but not in the description either.

I can swear the same mate.Back in time when I acquired my 4* x23 it was written on her description that bleed/cruelty stacks were capped at five.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Secret as in always.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Secret as in always.

Why don't they keep it simple and put it her abilities rather than depending on tribal knowledge and forum lurkers to get basic information disseminated? Being obscure info since introduction doesn’t magically make it obvious to new players and people that don't lurk on the forums.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Hamin said:

Secret as in always.

Why don't they keep it simple and put it her abilities rather than depending on tribal knowledge and forum lurkers to get basic information disseminated? Being obscure info since introduction doesn’t magically make it obvious to new players and people that don't lurk on the forums.
    /shrug

Just saying it's not a secret.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Hamin said:

Secret as in always.

/shrug

Just saying it's not a secret.
    That's probably a poor word choice. Not so much "Shh! Don't tell" and more "Hey! That's not in her profile".
  • Options
    Is the max of 5 stacks vs the unreachable 6 or 7 stacks gonna really make a difference between whether someone would want to use her or not ? And since it sounds like any extra bleeds end up as a refreshed stack (replacing the soonest-to-expire Bleeds), you’ll still be pretty sure of continuing the 3+ stacks trigger that cause guaranteed Critical Hits.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

They should put it in description as only a small percentage visits the forum.

Imagine how hard this game must be for those not on the forum, or for those in a casual alliance that doesn't micromanage every aspect of it.

The flow of information is basically dead ingame.

• Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Even with og wolverine also same case he does 4 stacks of bleed AMD has a chance to get double regeneration buffs when awakened cup check !!!
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    She’s capped because she inflict too much bleed debuffs thanks to her signature ability that increase her critical damage the more level she has something like that. So she’s actually the best bleeders if she wasn’t capped.