**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Kabam's delay in announcing crystals like dungeon crystals/featured crystals cause you to:

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
Just trying to see whether Kabam's stated intention in not making such announcements actually gels with what players will do in the situation where information is withheld from us.

Does Kabam's delay in announcing crystals like dungeon crystals/featured crystals cause you to: 92 votes

Use all your shards/dungeon artifacts immediately!
9%
Sonushaanutkhan08DonnymeijCupidJuggerNotVoltolosNopedroooGeorgiaDawgSirOreoBar 9 votes
Hoard everything until we get further information.
90%
ThatweirdguyBigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerTheJalliSiliyoMr_PlatypusHaji_SaabUltimatheoryRaganatorTrakazJestressbloodyCainbelli300YotzadqqedfyvrLJFTerraVerzzAlCapone2727Darkrider05 83 votes

Comments

• Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    All it does is make us hoard longer and then be more disappointed when it actually comes, I used to like saving for the next featured and when they announced it I would determine if I want the current or the new one coming. I'm not able to do that anymore.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    What difference would it make to the Dungeon Crystals? They're up for months. You either want the one running, or you want to wait until the next one. At the moment, it doesn't make a difference anyway because it's expired. Hoarding has never been an issue with Dungeon Artifacts.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    1-2
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I don’t play dungeons and I don’t buy featured crystals, but there is no option for “doesn’t affect me”.
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Human being has a pattern in their life. That includes the people that work in KABAM.
    For each batch of dungeon crystal they will add 6 of last year (2018) champions into dungeon crystals, in order of their introduction to the game.
    Look closely. There were Wasp, Ghost, Red Skull, Heimdall, Korg, and Omega Red throughout the dungeon crystal in the last batch.

So in the next batch, the guaranteed 6 new champs are Emma, Symbiote Supreme, Venom The Duck, The Champion, Ægon, and Night Thrasher.
  • Options
    Interesting results so far lol
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

Well when the options are so limited as to push someone in a specific direction then they will be...

For instance why is there no, "buy what you like hold when you dont option"? That is an obvious third option that probably works for the vast majority of the players.
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Hoarding is unhealthy behavior though..... Hmmmmm
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Well when the options are so limited as to push someone in a specific direction then they will be...

For instance why is there no, "buy what you like hold when you dont option"? That is an obvious third option that probably works for the vast majority of the players.
    I don't understand your suggestion. That third option you have put forth essentially means "I don't know because I have not thought about it". If so then neither option is applicable and the proper response is therefore not to vote. If one has thought about it and decided to hoard, then the proper response is hoard. If one has thought about it and decided to spend it on what is available in the market, then the proper response is to spend.

The point of the poll is to survey the response towards spending shards or hoarding shards. Those are binary options with no middle ground.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

I don't understand your suggestion. That third option you have put forth essentially means "I don't know because I have not thought about it". If so then neither option is applicable and the proper response is therefore not to vote. If one has thought about it and decided to hoard, then the proper response is hoard. If one has thought about it and decided to spend it on what is available in the market, then the proper response is to spend.

The point of the poll is to survey the response towards spending shards or hoarding shards. Those are binary options with no middle ground.
    If you read what I stated and got "I don't know because I have not thought about it" then you probably did not read it clearly.

The problem is most people would probably not fall into either of these 2 catagories. This is what would called a bad poll in statistics. The goal is to try and force people to an outcome by limiting the choices.

The stated purpose is not binary, because there is a middle, the middle is "spend when I see something I want, save when I dont." People dont generally go, you know there is nothing I want so I will hoard". For example, if aegon is in the next one I will spend, if another champ I want is in the next one I will spend, if neither of those 2 options are available I will hold.. Kabam telling me what is in the crystals right before the end of the event has no baring on my spending habits. If I have not spent by the end of the event it mans I am probably waiting for the next one anyways, since you can generally speaking get enough in the time the crystals are active to get a crystal anyways.
  • Options
    The fact is, their decision to wait in this case has nothing to do with "hoarding". It's just a matter of when they planned to make the Announcement.
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    It creates no change at all, people will just hoard like before until the champ they want is in the feature, or just open a basic every time they get 10k.
    So it makes no difference other than you don’t know in advance if you will be opening the upcoming features or not
  • Options

The fact is, their decision to wait in this case has nothing to do with "hoarding". It's just a matter of when they planned to make the Announcement.

To be specific, I meant Dungeon Crystals.
    As for the Featured, they can't stop people from hoarding. However, they don't have to encourage it.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    A. Dungeon crystals offer the most targeted pool of champions, and have 6 crystals that refresh. The decision to pull or wait for the crystal drop has been made a long time ago for 95% of players that actually do dungeons. This is why there were hardly any complaints in February when it was not announced ahead of time.

B. The question is phrased so poorly that you've skewed your own results. The likelyhood that 92% of people are hoarding shards is essentially 0, especially when the advice given to the majority of the player base is never open featured crystals and stick to basics.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It causes me to do that ‘unhealthy act’ of hoarding
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

If you read what I stated and got "I don't know because I have not thought about it" then you probably did not read it clearly.

The problem is most people would probably not fall into either of these 2 catagories. This is what would called a bad poll in statistics. The goal is to try and force people to an outcome by limiting the choices.

The stated purpose is not binary, because there is a middle, the middle is "spend when I see something I want, save when I dont." People dont generally go, you know there is nothing I want so I will hoard". For example, if aegon is in the next one I will spend, if another champ I want is in the next one I will spend, if neither of those 2 options are available I will hold.. Kabam telling me what is in the crystals right before the end of the event has no baring on my spending habits. If I have not spent by the end of the event it mans I am probably waiting for the next one anyways, since you can generally speaking get enough in the time the crystals are active to get a crystal anyways.
    Your example only serves to illustrate the binary nature of the choice.

- "If aegon is in the next one I will spend" - this means option 2, hoard until you see the new featured crystal.
    - "If another champ i want is in the next one I will spend" - this means option 2, hoard until you see the new featured crystal.
    - "If neither of those 2 options are available, i will hold" - again, this means option 2, except that the hoarding is indefinite.

Your statement that "Kabam telling me what is in the crystals right before the end of the event has no [bearing] on my spending habits" simply shows that you will hoard no matter what. So in this case the proper response for you in the poll is Option 2 (Hoard).
  • Options

To be specific, I meant Dungeon Crystals.
    As for the Featured, they can't stop people from hoarding. However, they don't have to encourage it.
    The point of the poll is therefore to study whether the decision to withhold information on the forthcoming crystals actually works against that objective, by in fact encouraging hoarding (which the results suggest it does).
  • Options
    ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    I think hoarding wins because the latest crystals really suck. So u will hoard just to hope for better crystals next round. If the crystals were good instead, I think the survey results could be more balanced.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

- "If aegon is in the next one I will spend" - this means option 2, hoard until you see the new featured crystal.
    - "If another champ i want is in the next one I will spend" - this means option 2, hoard until you see the new featured crystal.
    - "If neither of those 2 options are available, i will hold" - again, this means option 2, except that the hoarding is indefinite.

Your statement that "Kabam telling me what is in the crystals right before the end of the event has no [bearing] on my spending habits" simply shows that you will hoard no matter what. So in this case the proper response for you in the poll is Option 2 (Hoard).
    Only if you have the ability to critically think. After all the decision to spend or hold in the Aegon example has absolutely zero to do with their announcing of the crystals, thereby adding the 3rd option, "Kabam announcing it has no bearing on my actions". It goes to show that the poll was setup specifically to drive people to specific conclusions.

In addition my statement does not ion any way go to show that I will hoard no matter what, that is what is known as a strawman. I will spend if the crystal warrants, as I have stated repeatedly, thereby rendering your statement false. I only hold if the crystal does not warrant buying.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Only if you have the ability to critically think. After all the decision to spend or hold in the Aegon example has absolutely zero to do with their announcing of the crystals, thereby adding the 3rd option, "Kabam announcing it has no bearing on my actions". It goes to show that the poll was setup specifically to drive people to specific conclusions.

In addition my statement does not ion any way go to show that I will hoard no matter what, that is what is known as a strawman. I will spend if the crystal warrants, as I have stated repeatedly, thereby rendering your statement false. I only hold if the crystal does not warrant buying.
    The "aegon example" was yours, so it is really surprising to see you say that it has "absolutely zero to do" with Kabam announcing the crystals.

At the end of the day, the only question is this: in the 1 week before the current featured crystal expires, would the lack of an announcement of the next crystal cause players to hold their shards till they see the next crystal (in 7 days), or cause players to pop their 5* crystals on the spot. It is, again, a binary choice. It of course depends on what is in the current 5* basic crystal, and what players expect is in the 5* featured crystal. It is circumstantial in that sense, but insofar as the choice is binary - either pop open in the 7 days window, or wait till the 7 days window is over - that is the choice as presented in the survey options.

What you have suggested - that "Kabam announcing it has no bearing on my actions" - is simply not the target group of the study. I am not interested in finding out what percentage of the entire population of MCOC players will hoard or open. I am only interested in finding out what percentage of those players who will be affected by Kabam's decision will hoard or open their crystals. Those who have already decided they will take a certain course irrespective of Kabam's decision to announce the contents of crystals are simply not relevant to the analysis of whether Kabam's decision will have the intended effect that they have stated.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

The "aegon example" was yours, so it is really surprising to see you say that it has "absolutely zero to do" with Kabam announcing the crystals.

At the end of the day, the only question is this: in the 1 week before the current featured crystal expires, would the lack of an announcement of the next crystal cause players to hold their shards till they see the next crystal (in 7 days), or cause players to pop their 5* crystals on the spot. It is, again, a binary choice. It of course depends on what is in the current 5* basic crystal, and what players expect is in the 5* featured crystal. It is circumstantial in that sense, but insofar as the choice is binary - either pop open in the 7 days window, or wait till the 7 days window is over - that is the choice as presented in the survey options.

What you have suggested - that "Kabam announcing it has no bearing on my actions" - is simply not the target group of the study. I am not interested in finding out what percentage of the entire population of MCOC players will hoard or open. I am only interested in finding out what percentage of those players who will be affected by Kabam's decision will hoard or open their crystals. Those who have already decided they will take a certain course irrespective of Kabam's decision to announce the contents of crystals are simply not relevant to the analysis of whether Kabam's decision will have the intended effect that they have stated.
    In my very first statement I stated my aegon example shows it has nothing to do with kabam announcing the crystals, you saying you are surprised to see me state it, after it being the second time, shows you really didnt read what I stated, and probably still are not.

As for your end of the day question, that is not the question you used in your poll, you do not mention the 1 week before it expires, and even then the poll would still be bad, because you still have the "it does not matter". If you are waiting till the last week then that should mean that the crystals did not have anything you wanted, so you waited. You would wait if they announced it or not, and if they announced it and it was crystals you didnt like you would continue to wait.

The answer to your "study" is 0, no one is affected by their decision, there are only people who are upset they do not know before hand.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

In my very first statement I stated my aegon example shows it has nothing to do with kabam announcing the crystals, you saying you are surprised to see me state it, after it being the second time, shows you really didnt read what I stated, and probably still are not.

As for your end of the day question, that is not the question you used in your poll, you do not mention the 1 week before it expires, and even then the poll would still be bad, because you still have the "it does not matter". If you are waiting till the last week then that should mean that the crystals did not have anything you wanted, so you waited. You would wait if they announced it or not, and if they announced it and it was crystals you didnt like you would continue to wait.

The answer to your "study" is 0, no one is affected by their decision, there are only people who are upset they do not know before hand.
    It seems you really just do not understand (or do not want to understand) the aim of the poll here. Unfortunately, there is little else I can do to aid in your understanding. I also do not see how you can make the assertion that the "no one is affected by their decision" - this betrays your bias against my study in the first place. You evidently have made up your mind already that "there are only people who are upset they do not know before hand", and for that reason, that it is irrelevant to them whether or not kabam announces the crystal beforehand. My poll is directed at those who are affected by this, and the only query then is to see how these people are affected - whether they will hold to wait, to open immediately instead of waiting.

It might assist in your comprehension of this poll to think of it in this way:

1. There are people who will not be affected by Kabam's decision either way - this is Group A.
    2. There are people who will be affected by Kabam's decision - this is Group B.
    3. I am not interested in Group A. I am interested only in Group B.
    4. As for Group B, there are 2 sub-groups. Group B1 are people who will open their crystals in the 1 week before Kabam announces the next featured crystal. Group B2 are people who will hoard their crystal shards until Kabam announces the next featured crystal. I am interested in finding out the proportion between Group B1 and Group B2. Group A is therefore irrelevant. The poll options are split between Group B1 and Group B2.
    5. You seem to fall in Group A and seem to think that everyone also falls in Group A with you.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

It seems you really just do not understand (or do not want to understand) the aim of the poll here. I really do not see what else I can do to aid in your understanding. I do not see how you can make the assertion that the "no one is affected by their decision" - this betrays your bias against my study in the first place. You evidently have made up your mind already that "there are only people who are upset they do not know before hand", and for that reason, that it is irrelevant to them whether or not kabam announces the crystal beforehand. My poll is directed at those who are affected by this, and the only query then is to see how these people are affected - whether they will hold to wait, to open immediately instead of waiting.
    No one is affected because they have already decided to hold and wait. They are trying to hedge their bets. It does not work and there is no reason to. The people "affected" by this are none, it is the players choice not Kabam, Kabam is not forcing you to do anything.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

It seems you really just do not understand (or do not want to understand) the aim of the poll here. I really do not see what else I can do to aid in your understanding. I do not see how you can make the assertion that the "no one is affected by their decision" - this betrays your bias against my study in the first place. You evidently have made up your mind already that "there are only people who are upset they do not know before hand", and for that reason, that it is irrelevant to them whether or not kabam announces the crystal beforehand. My poll is directed at those who are affected by this, and the only query then is to see how these people are affected - whether they will hold to wait, to open immediately instead of waiting.
    No one is affected because they have already decided to hold and wait. They are trying to hedge their bets. It does not work and there is no reason to. The people "affected" by this are none, it is the players choice not Kabam, Kabam is not forcing you to do anything.
    Nobody said "forcing"... Influence is different from coercion, and it cannot be denied that Kabam's policies and actions will influence players' choices. By saying that players will try to "hedge their bets", you are conceding that players will alter their choices according to what information Kabam releases. I am studying the proportion of how players react.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Let me sum up

The poll answers are biased so the results are biased.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    IKON said:

Let me sum up

The poll answers are biased so the results are biased.

They are not biased as I have explained. Tell me how it is biased and how they should be phrased and/or what options should have been added then.

Let me sum up. Poll results suggests that Kabam's actions are not sound and this is annoying some people.