**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Would you play this Game if it didn’t have marvel characters?

Raymundo86Raymundo86 Posts: 612 ★★★

Would you play this Game if it didn’t have marvel characters? 177 votes

Yes
12%
ArcDeAngelusVdh2008Haji_SaaballinashesMurderous_munchiesCrimson8399TerraCliffordcanblack_gokuTwmRAndy2234KerneasMarvel2289Maldroit2SDPMDarwishRehan010_Grandmaster007Suguchi_AffuÆgon0710 23 votes
No
87%
GroundedWisdomwinterthurBigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerDr_ARCHerthetaman23BigdogbobThe_OneLeNoirFaineantWorld EaterTimone147Erza_ScarletRaganatorGhost998RapPlayer1994Dexman1349mmmbanyasSIlverProfessorDidzee 154 votes

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    No
    Very unlikely that I play this game if not for its Marvel character based.

Even if there is an exact similar game utilising DC character, I won't be playing it for as long.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Personally, I would LOVE a complete copy of this game, but with RWBY.
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    No
    I think its Marvel that draws 95% of us here the other 5% find the game thru friends. I wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for the characters as even though I like the game
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    No

I tried the transformers one.. Not a fan
    I like marvel

Same. I love the Transformers (even own a yellow 2010 Camaro), but I prefer the Marvel version of the game.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    DNA3000 said:

This is a tough question, because I don't think I would have picked up the game in the first place if it wasn't based on some recognizable IP. But I'm not thinking about the IP a lot when I'm actually playing, so I don't know if the IP is a necessary component of my playing the game.

Agree. I think I would play it regardless but doubt I'd have started playing it without Marvel characters.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    No
    I'd like to say yes, but I don't think I would have picked it up if it was called Eggbert's Contest of Champions.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    No
    Nop
  • G7proG7pro Posts: 13
    No
    Lamentablente No.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Yes
    Well we all keep playing this broken game that's never getting fixed so probably.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 843 ★★★
    The gameplay is still good without marvel characters. I tried other similar games and it's not the characters that are bad, it's the game play.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Im a sucker for things that can take up my free time and be enjoyable at the same time. MCOC is one of them. However, id probably still stick around if it wasn't marvel related.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    No
    I played Injustice mobile prior to trying MCOC. Got hooked by gambling the Marvel characters and the rest is history.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    No
    I likely wouldn't have even looked at it if it wasn't Marvel.
    I played transformers for about 3 months when it came out but I couldn't get into it, loved transformers as a kid
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    No
    If it were the Transformers I'd play l, I know there's a game but one Kabam game is enough...
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    No
    I really do not know.

If it is due to Marvel characters, then, Marvel Future Fight has the same characters, but I don’t play that.

If it is due to the gameplay, Transformers has the same gameplay, but I don’t play that.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    No
    Yes
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

This is a tough question, because I don't think I would have picked up the game in the first place if it wasn't based on some recognizable IP. But I'm not thinking about the IP a lot when I'm actually playing, so I don't know if the IP is a necessary component of my playing the game.

This is about how I feel about it. Never would’ve started playing the game without the Marvel characters, but I’m not so sure that I’d necessarily stop playing if the Marvel identity was stripped from it. At a point, it becomes more about the game mechanics than the characters for a good amount of us I think. We start to desire champs for what they bring to your roster in terms of game mechanics, even ones we may know absolutely nothing about character-wise. I know there are plenty of people this also does not apply to and the Marvel characters are the only thing that keep them here.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    No
    Tried Transormers, it sucked. And it's basically the same game
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    No
    I had a 14 year old show me the game about 5 months after it launched. It was only my second "in game purchase" phone game i had ever played. The first was also marvel, it was an ironman obstacle course and i collected like 24 sets of armor...then this...i.guess i never expected "in game purchases" to mean everything you need was for sale. And if these had not been the Marvel characters i grew up with i would not be here.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    No
    The 14 year old played for about 3 weeks...he might have been smarter than all of us!
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    If it's not Marvel would what it be? What IP would they use.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    No
    Pretty much I think most people played this game because they like Marvel. Myself included.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No
    I would have never downloaded it.