**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This is dumb

AlexG29AlexG29 Posts: 230 ★★
Some of us are smart and can tell that you are now planning the BASIC STORYLINE content to only be achievable if you buy loads of Cavalier crystals to increase your 6* roster.

I mean come on. You just banned 4* and initiated the process of banning 5* with no time wasted. That's a BIG step in closing your business down for good

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Only 6 paths put of 60 require 6* champs....
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Well done @Jaded you are lucky guy but unfortunately the game is not only for you.

Not everyone has a rank 2 proxima & corvus 6*
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Nevermind. Comment changer 😂😂
  • Options
    AlexG29 said:

That's a bit outlandish. People are having their typical knee jerk reaction and need to stop crying. This community needs to S-L-O-W D-O-W-N. You're complaining about 6.2 content; can you tell me if you've completed both variants? Have you done any LOL? Are you 100% 6.1? I'm sorry but spending is not a prerequisite to increasing your 6* roster. Patience, completing content, and grinding arena will help you get there and that content isn't going anywhere.

Yes I've done all of that. I had patience building my roster. Now they are banning me from using it. You got me?
    They aren’t banning you from using it, they are making you work harder on your roster. This isn’t new, 5.3 was a huge step into potential gates in the game.
  • Options
    AlexG29 said:

Jaded said:

Nevermind. Comment changer 😂😂

Yeah i misread but your point is still not valid man.
    The point was to counter your “achievable if you buy loads of Cavalier crystals” comment. It’s simply not true.
  • Options
    AlexG29 said:

Only 6 paths put of 60 require 6* champs....

That's just the beginning bud. They're softening us up for the rest of it. And for a beginning it sure is extreme
    And? Are you never going to get more 6* champs from here on out?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    AlexG29 said:

Some of us are smart and can tell that you are now planning the BASIC STORYLINE content to only be achievable if you buy loads of Cavalier crystals to increase your 6* roster.

I mean come on. You just banned 4* and initiated the process of banning 5* with no time wasted. That's a BIG step in closing your business down for good

Unlikely.
  • Options
    AlexG29 said:

You guys are missing the point. Like, why put more work in to get 6*. I want to use my 5* I put counties hours and some $$ into. I don't want to hit a roadblock where it's suddenly useless.

I love doing Story modes. I love Variant. I love the difficulty, but not impossibility. I want to be able to play it after building a wonderful 5* roster.

The content isn't going anywhere. 6*'s are the future. Some day you'll be saying the same about your 6* champions
  • Options
    AlexG29 said:

You guys are missing the point. Like, why put more work in to get 6*. I want to use my 5* I put counties hours and some $$ into. I don't want to hit a roadblock where it's suddenly useless.

I love doing Story modes. I love Variant. I love the difficulty, but not impossibility. I want to be able to play it after building a wonderful 5* roster.

Isn’t it only 1 lane per level that requires a certain amount of 6* on your team? That’s not much
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    AlexG29 said:

That's a bit outlandish. People are having their typical knee jerk reaction and need to stop crying. This community needs to S-L-O-W D-O-W-N. You're complaining about 6.2 content; can you tell me if you've completed both variants? Have you done any LOL? Are you 100% 6.1? I'm sorry but spending is not a prerequisite to increasing your 6* roster. Patience, completing content, and grinding arena will help you get there and that content isn't going anywhere.

Yes I've done all of that. I had patience building my roster. Now they are banning me from using it. You got me?
    That's a bit of an oversimplification, but let's set that aside. The heart of the matter is you feel the point to earning things in the game is to benefit from those rewards indefinitely; that in effect building a large 5* roster was a kind of finish line that once you achieved it, the benefit of having it should not be diminished by the game moving forward.

That's not how progressional games work. There's no permanent reward like that. Everything is always constantly being devalued over time, deliberately, for very specific long term game maintenance reasons. The bottom line is that all games like this either gate the old stuff and force you to use the new stuff eventually, or implement soft inflation that allows you to use the old stuff in theory but not really in practice, like trying to use your 3* team in LoL. The enrage timer is a kind of soft gate itself.

All progressional gates are treadmills, and they never stop until the game shuts down. Not everyone likes treadmills, and that's fine. But it is important to recognize when you are on one, because the only way to escape them is to step off them. You can't complain a treadmill is pushing you backwards and demand that it stop doing that. Or rather, you can, but you have to recognize the treadmill manufacturer isn't going to honor that request.
  • Options
    Let's keep all discussion on the main thread please! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.