**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Wasp, Massacre, Angela, and Mephisto

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
I have a limited 5 Star Roster (just 15 champions) but I’ve already begun to rank them up over my 4 Stars based on my progression (I’ve almost completed Act 5).

So, I have four 5 Star options to rank up but none of them are as good as my elite 4 Stars.

My options:

Angela - Hits hard and has some regeneration but her special Damage is lacking

Wasp - hits really hard (and good potential synergy if I ever pull Ghost) but she has a low health pool

Massacre - has great damage but only for longer fights (good synergy if I pull Domino)

Mephisto - good regeneration but it requires him to be the focal questing champion and his damage really comes from the SP 1.

So - out of these options, who should I rank up?

Thoughts on Wasp, Massacre, Angela, and Mephisto 60 votes

Rank Up Massacre
16%
abiew78Battle_GreninjaPrylankInkvajtTheSquish671HaminLanfearSquishyjrThe_4THTravNationMeshu43 10 votes
Rank up Angela
33%
allinashesJim0172Lvernon15TwmRrohitbhati110shashankchromeLordRaymond3B_Dizzle_01V1PER1987TehsigzorzLoctiteSuperGlueStevieManWonderEtjamacodebreakerMiStaLovaThanos_CarZuroRichardCraniumThekingslayerBanditRaccoon55 20 votes
Rank up Wasp
35%
ArcDeAngelusrazielMegaSkater67TerraFoxhero007A l p h aAhitlawTinoMiaDEYSFhfjghhggggjfhfjgMC2707X_Factor_AgentDerSchneemacherGritabitCtuchikxX4ST1NXxStarbuster234Ægon0710FreeToPlay_21Blurryface 21 votes
Rank up Mephisto
1%
Rbk19 1 vote
Just be patient and wait for a better 5 Star
13%
Ramc75JuggerNotragnarok_947Dead1Gautam91AsmiSBenQcSlayerEarthElite 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Rank up Wasp
    Out of them I vote wasp for sure. Wasp hits crazy hard and has some utility.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    What is your main team right now?

At any rate, all of these are worthy of rank 3.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Angela was one ofy 1st few R4 5*s back in the day. She was a solid quester for me for quite a long time
  • Options
    Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    Rank up Angela
    Angela is the most worthy offensive rank up. Wasp hits hard, but it isn't anything special. Angela is overall better imo.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Rank up Angela
    Easy champ to play and hits extremely hard, great option imo
  • Options
    CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Rank up Wasp
    As a owner to a r3 Wasp i really like her and her playstyle. Also a decent defender, especially if awakened. And ofcourse, with synergies even better.
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Rank up Angela
    I have a r4 Angela and she hits like an absolute truck. Yeah, her specials are pretty lacking, but makes up for it in basic attacks. With 3 furies, I've done 6k crits with her, and her heavy is super nice as it has a crit boost. An underrated IMIW killer as her heavies hit extra hard. And any block damage gets regened up. Amazing Havok counter if you're up there in AW tiers.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    Rank up Angela
    Angela was one of my first 2 r4 5s along with Magik. She saw me thru a lot of UCs and Act 5. She then sat on the shelf for a while after I got Domino, but recently I'm using her again in AQ. I needed Corvus for war and she was a solid already ranked option.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Rank Up Massacre
    All of y'all must not ever play with Masacre.

Even unduped and without synergies, he is the Jefe.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,730 ★★★★★
    Rank up Angela
    I suggest Angela and a little tip is to bring a heimdall on your team so you can build up to 4 furies instead of 3 and as mentioned before she is not supposed to be known for her special attack damage just cycle sp1
  • Options
    Ramc75Ramc75 Posts: 7
    I say wait or choose the one you enjoy playing the most. All are decent but they all become better with a synergy. I’d wait to see for awhile just in case you pull someone great like ghost, domino, etc.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Rank up Angela
    Angela is a fantastic champion and the reason why her specials don’t hit as hard is because she’s meant to have her main damage come from her sp3 and mostly her basic attacks.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

All those options are pretty great imo.

Angela - Her special damage is technically irrelevant, since you want to cycle your sp1 to stack your furies.

Wasp - She hits so hard, but she definitely is a glass canon. She's extremely rewarding, if your intercept-game is on fleek, though.

Massacre - Yes, he definitely shines in longer fights, but that doesn't mean that he is useless in shorter fights. He still hits really hard and depending on how agressive you are you can also incinerate his bat quite well in shorter fights turning them into even shorter fights.

Mephisto - Now, I'm not a mephisto player, but aside from fighting the new captain marvel I've never seen his sp1 being that nessecary for your damage output. I mostly try to get his permanent aura of incineration up via his sp3 and then spam his sp2.

I'd say unduped mephisto might be the weakest option, but especially if you like playing with them you won't do anything wrong by bringinf either of them to r4.

I have an R4 Unduped Mephisto. Extremely useful for Questing.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Rank up Wasp
    Wasp was my first 5/65 and she’s just incredible. Her damage is fantastic and she’s really fun to use. Brilliant in wars, normal questing, a decent defender and also capable of beating LOL. Her utility is surprisingly good considering how much damage she can do. Can completely shut down things like limbo, arc overload, evade etc using the concussion from sp1. 100 hits=100% AAR, if the opponent is mystic you only need 60 hits as you essentially start on 40.

Her heavy attack is brutal, get some debuffs in first and the damage ramps up quickly. What’s nice about that heavy is the distance it puts between you and the opponent. If you briefly tap block after using it, you should get a free intercept window immediately after. You can also cancel the heavy into special attacks. This is useful because it causes her to shrink making her next hit a guaranteed crit. You can cancel into sp2 anywhere on the screen, but the first hit of sp1 will whiff unless your opponent is against the wall in the corner. Strongly recommend trying to maintain an intercept playstyle to compensate for her low health. If you’re parry/block reliant you may find yourself taking what appears to be quite a bit of damage.

Her power sting gives her solid direct damage (also 5 debuffs so you can launch a heavy for massive damage). The pacifism is great for reducing healing too and can reverse healing with a high enough combo. She can actually take down ROL wolverine with this method, it’s so powerful that he was taking 90k damage per second, this only happens in very specific situations though, in a normal fight you wouldn’t be able to achieve that.

One of my favourites and always on my teams when available. She’s a lot of fun to play and really useful when you get the hang of her, I use her without synergies, but she does have really nice ones if you have the other champs to go with her. Here’s the video of her taking down wolverine in ROL, certainly an interesting interaction to say the least:

https://youtu.be/uWRzrch_ieI
  • Options
    AsmiSAsmiS Posts: 28
    If you got it mephisto awakened then go with him otherwise wait
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★

I have a r4 Angela and she hits like an absolute truck. Yeah, her specials are pretty lacking, but makes up for it in basic attacks. With 3 furies, I've done 6k crits with her, and her heavy is super nice as it has a crit boost. An underrated IMIW killer as her heavies hit extra hard. And any block damage gets regened up. Amazing Havok counter if you're up there in AW tiers.

You, as well as some of the other commentators, convinced me. I went with Angela because of the 6k on a Rank 4, the regeneration, and the overall higher health pool. That sounds like something I’d want in the future! Wasp will be my next rank up unless I get another great champ.

Thanks to all!