Why can we not sell 5* Champions?

Yeah yeah, I know that every ‘wise’ player says that we shouldn’t sell our 5* champions, but I just pulled a 5* Phoenix and I’d like to sell her.
My point is, I think that the decision to sell champions should be up to the Summoner, and we should be allowed to do so. If you’ve made 6* shards ‘readily-available’, I think selling 5* should be an option.
No one would be forced to sell them, but the option should be there.

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 187
    You were once able to but support became overwhelmed with complaints of champ selling by hacked accounts, shared accounts (yes, shared accounts is against TOS but was done anyway because people try to cheat), and kids accidentally selling them on the parents account (not sure I buy this since you have to confirm a sale of a champ too).
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 187
    They said they would ending it permanently. I would guess because they are very relevant to the game. Lets be honest if it came back, people would find a way to exploit again. Remember in school when a couple of kids would ruin something for everyone? Same concept here.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 337
    I must admit it it... it doesn’t make sense to be able to sell everything, but not 5*s and 6* s. I know people who would readily sell a 5 star they don’t like.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 1,146
    It’s to avoid people accidentally selling 5*s or being hacked and having them sold. Being stuck with a 5* Iron Patriot is a lot better than having your 5* 5/65 Domino sold.
  • LordGenesisLordGenesis Posts: 179

It’s to avoid people accidentally selling 5*s or being hacked and having them sold. Being stuck with a 5* Iron Patriot is a lot better than having your 5* 5/65 Domino sold.

I get that, but what if someone hacked my account and sold all my 4*s? Either you are able to sell every champion or you can’t sell any champion- make up your mind Kabam because this 5* Phoenix is pissing me off and I’d rather have 275 6* shards.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 412
    "Never sell you champions" they say
    Back in the day when i was about to open my 4th ever 5* crystal, I was on 9,999 shards so I sold X-force deadpool
    Got a Blade
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,242
    Clydania said:

Back in the day when i was about to open my 4th ever 5* crystal, I was on 9,999 shards so I sold X-force deadpool
    Got a Blade

Sold 4* Kamala Khan one time. Guess who I got? 5* Kamala Khan.

It's a risk that you'd be smarter not to take.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 334
    i can see it from both end but i would rather have the freedom of selling a champ i don't want than to be stuck with it at rank 1 just sitting there atlease i can get a few 6 star shards i don't care what people say i sell crappy 4 stars, i have 92 5 star champ now and most of them came from me selling my 4 star for shards not only that most my top 5 stars are duped, omega, domino, void, stark spidey , blade, ghost, if i'm close to a 5 star and i have crappy 4 star ill sell that crappy 4 star. I'm not telling anyone to do what i do but i'm happy to have the choice to do so with the 4 star and wish the same was for 5 stars.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 17,543

Clydania said:

Got a Blade

I did that. Only ever sold 3 times. First time, I sold 5 base level 4*s to get my first 5*. Sold a Mags, rolled a Mags. Second time was Vision, just before his buff. Had to Grind to get him back. The last time was after that, and I never sold again. It's counterproductive. Some will say it's more lucrative, but not over time. Part of the game is getting what you don't want.
  • LordGenesisLordGenesis Posts: 179

We weighed a few options here, and the amount of people that were legitimately selling 5-Star Champions vs the amount of Summoners that did it by accident and needed it reversed was far too low. Even now that 6-Star Champions are available, we have no plan to change this.

As for the consistency of it, we did discuss ending the sale of 4-Star Champions as well, but we quickly put a stop to that discussion.

That’s a real shame. Oh well... hey ho, can’t expect too much from Kabam.

• DEMON_SPAWNDEMON_SPAWN Posts: 12

Clydania said:

Got a Blade

Same here pulled a 4* Kamala and instantly sold her, That pushed me over to get a 5* and BAM! 5* Kamala
  • TheDuke899TheDuke899 Posts: 66

We weighed a few options here, and the amount of people that were legitimately selling 5-Star Champions vs the amount of Summoners that did it by accident and needed it reversed was far too low. Even now that 6-Star Champions are available, we have no plan to change this.

As for the consistency of it, we did discuss ending the sale of 4-Star Champions as well, but we quickly put a stop to that discussion.

Damn @Kabam Miike this would have prevented me from selling all 108 4* even the r5 😆