**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

18910111214»

Comments

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I really haven’t had any problems taking him down. I use 4/55 gwenpool as primary and usually solo him... use Corvus or other secondary champ to finish him off if he catches me and gwenpool dies.. awakened though you can take sp3’s forever and evade and punish his sp1 and 2.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Tireck20 said:

Hyperion mini boss you just need luck, you can be the best player but if hyperion dont want through his SA you will lose with the SA3, you can be the best player trying to bait his attacks so he can through his SA but if he dont want through his SA again you will be dead with his SA3, so hyperion is not a fair mini boss, he sometimes have a passive AI like when you are playing arena vs thanos team or kang team.
    if kabam want to put a fair mini boss, need to increase his aggresive AI because isnt fair for players who want to play map 5.
    Maybe some will said if you havent the power to beat map 5 so play map 4, let me say it, i saw people with 5/65 champs and hyperion still strong with his AI passive, this is the real problem, not the power gain, is his AI.

Sorry for my english.

Modok stops his power gain when his shield is up. Void stops his power gain once you get 1-2 of the right debuffs on him. Our BG has no issues with him.

Are you talking about the first or second one? Most likely the first I would say. Second is very defensive. And those buffs I think you mention don’t work at the start of the fight. It’s all RNG and luck based.

And the fact that Scarlet Witch has remained unsighted this AQ season as mini boss smacks of conspiracy imo...

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★

Modok stops his power gain when his shield is up. Void stops his power gain once you get 1-2 of the right debuffs on him. Our BG has no issues with him.

Tireck20 said:

Hyperion mini boss you just need luck, you can be the best player but if hyperion dont want through his SA you will lose with the SA3, you can be the best player trying to bait his attacks so he can through his SA but if he dont want through his SA again you will be dead with his SA3, so hyperion is not a fair mini boss, he sometimes have a passive AI like when you are playing arena vs thanos team or kang team.
    if kabam want to put a fair mini boss, need to increase his aggresive AI because isnt fair for players who want to play map 5.
    Maybe some will said if you havent the power to beat map 5 so play map 4, let me say it, i saw people with 5/65 champs and hyperion still strong with his AI passive, this is the real problem, not the power gain, is his AI.

Sorry for my english.

@Andrewkole So just ensure to not lose the shield and Hyperion never power gain again?
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    It wouldn't be all that terrible if the game wasn't bugged piece of garbage making opponents sometimes act like they are on all or nothing node even though they are not and just won't drop that special no matter what you do
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    I soloed him with a 4* luke cage
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Some people are better at baiting than others... some may not know they aren’t as good as they could be at baiting though. Since they think they’re good at it, and do t realize they’re not, they assume the fights unfair. It is definitely a step up in difficulty. The level of champs available has also been stepped up... 4/55 and 5/65’s are common place... cull? Namor? Void? Corvus? Many others as well... have super powered damage and or utility. There’s many alliances that manage Hyperion mini just fine all five days... that’s not rng that’s not luck. They aren’t getting lucky 5 days a week. My alliance has handled hype every day he’s been miniboss. Use better champ selections, use better techniques.. this is a totally manageable fight. Sorry if all of that truth hurts. Truly.

🐻
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    It doesnt hurt at all cuz its wrong, the facts are sometimes you can bait perfectly and he won't throw special, which you can see on multiple streams or just play game some more
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

It doesnt hurt at all cuz its wrong, the facts are sometimes you can bait perfectly and he won't throw special, which you can see on multiple streams or just play game some more

Agreed. Even Thanos the end boss with unblockable specials is way easier than Hyp mini boss which should never be the case.

Prestige seems to be the big factor in a lot of this making the fights so unbalanced. I managed to get him down today Day 4 but geez it was a struggle on second mini w the buffs on him and constantly throwing heavies when I baited him, can’t use Iceman due to power flood and the other buff that’s on him at start that I can’t think of, where you share all debuffs w him so u can’t gain power but he can, all in all still makes for a less than fun fight. And introducing this at the same time as AW map even after the ‘adjustment’ of each mode was pretty shortsighted tbh.

Changes like this need to be staggered out so as not to be seen as overkill. Missing the forest for the trees when you say we'll only change the war map this season and delay defence tactics until season 11, but then turn around and intro Thanos plus mini bosses.

A better way to go could’ve been go w Thanos but keep same mini bosses as last season and then once that’s in gradually bring in Hyp etc and have the requisite amount of testing which obviously wasn’t done when the new AQ season was fast tracked.

Perhaps the team has been so busy trying to play catch up fixing prior months bugs that this side of things has let slide...
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★