**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Skill based game vs the champion 6.2.6 ( suggestions we don’t all have cap )

Comments

• Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Markg25 said:

The collector can be done in 1 shot, a few revives max

So can the champion
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Markg25 said:

TwmR said:

Markg25 said:

The collector can be done in 1 shot, a few revives max

So can the champion
    With 3 champs ? You can beat the collector with kamala Khan if you wish ...

It can be done I'm not saying it's easy. Also maybe I'm remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure it was a while before any 1 shots on the collector were being shown.
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Change the indestructible charges to 10 intercept charges
    Usually in this community from what i've seen the term one shot is used for defeating a champion using only one champion. So while using your hole team to defeat someone is still a win it isn't technically a one shot.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Markg25 said:

Usually in this community from what i've seen the term one shot is used for defeating a champion using only one champion. So while using your hole team to defeat someone is still a win it isn't technically a one shot.

Thanks for inducting me on the one shot 😂

you mean Like this .... 🙄

https://youtu.be/Yck3TG78iCU

https://youtu.be/ITEuq4pbTS0

Jokes aside I’m fully aware of what a one shot is .... 😂

And as stated earlier the collector can be 1 shotted 🤤 and The fight was mentioned as it’s a milestone fight that can be over come with skill and if you must revives and health pots ( this fight can be done with any champ on the game )

😂😂 I dont know why I’m even arguing about something that’s common knowledge “ in the community “
    So a video of a champion that wasn't even available when 5.2 release and one of a champion at a rank that wasn't attainable when 5.2 was released means what?
  • Options
    I'm sure stacked R3 6*s or champions yet to be released are gonna make that champion fight far easier than it is today in the future.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Make it so the charges can be permanently removed over multiple fights.
    Drooped2 said:

Nice timing coat to.explain the process as a video came up I didnt wanna type

Was that your video?

@xNig what are you in for?
  • Options
    Markg25 said:

Was voodoo not out when 5.2 was released ?

Flying off topic here 🙄

And the above post was linked to the collector and one shots

Not at that rank
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Make it so the charges can be permanently removed over multiple fights.
    I’ve seen it done with Hood and Magik as well. Also, an ally mate did it with Loki
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Markg25 said:

Thanks @xNig 😂 I’ll rank Morningstar and do it when the bugs have been fixed ....

I’ll be fine

The main thing is you’ve completely missed the point of this post, think about how many people play this game ( at this level ) and then think about how many of those have capiw, Morningstar and Sim supreme at r4 and above.

My point in making this post is that the game is becoming less skill based.

This is the first fight of its kind and it’s ( imo ) a bad path to go down.

Previous “ tricky “ boss fights

Collector - skill based
    Nameless - skill based
    LOL Maestro - skill based
    Act 5 Ultron - skill based
    Maze champion - skill based

What if RNG never gives you the above champs ? Should your progress be stopped because of something that is random and out of your hands ?

Since I’ve been playing I’ve never known a fight that couldn’t be done 1 of 2 ways.

1- Pure skill.👍🏼
    2 - The expensive way revives / health pots and units. 👎🏼

Maybe put your ego to one side and look at the bigger picture 😉

Collector is as unit based as it gets besides that everything you said is true.
    With skill collector has been solod many times
    OG vision was really the only champ available at release of 5.2 that I think had a shot at a solo. Maybe DD classic if you were that good
  • Options
    Him being solod by champs released a year later or at ranks that weren't even attainable at the time don't really matter in this comparison unless a year from now all the good options for the champion fight are still the same as they are today
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Markg25 said:

Thanks @xNig 😂 I’ll rank Morningstar and do it when the bugs have been fixed ....

I’ll be fine

The main thing is you’ve completely missed the point of this post, think about how many people play this game ( at this level ) and then think about how many of those have capiw, Morningstar and Sim supreme at r4 and above.

My point in making this post is that the game is becoming less skill based.

This is the first fight of its kind and it’s ( imo ) a bad path to go down.

Previous “ tricky “ boss fights

Collector - skill based
    Nameless - skill based
    LOL Maestro - skill based
    Act 5 Ultron - skill based
    Maze champion - skill based

What if RNG never gives you the above champs ? Should your progress be stopped because of something that is random and out of your hands ?

Since I’ve been playing I’ve never known a fight that couldn’t be done 1 of 2 ways.

1- Pure skill.👍🏼
    2 - The expensive way revives / health pots and units. 👎🏼

Maybe put your ego to one side and look at the bigger picture 😉

Collector is as unit based as it gets besides that everything you said is true.
    With skill collector has been solod many times
    OG vision was really the only champ available at release of 5.2 that I think had a shot at a solo. Maybe DD classic if you were that good
    Possible I'm not sure it's been a long time since I 100 percent that.
    Likewise, and when I did I definitely didn't solo him at all lol
  • Options
    I will say this, my 1st clear of the champion probably cost me less items than my 1st clear of the collector.

I had solid options for him of course (R4 MS and R1 duped Sym) and my general playing ability is much better today than it was when I did 5.2 completion.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I'm just done with this. 2k units and cant touch him. I've accepted that I'm not good enough and probably never will be.
  • Options
    ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16
    Markg25 said:

So most of us has came up against the champion and resided to the fact that we’re more than likely going to need capiw to clear the last 10%

Massive damage though the block wiped me out with everyone I tired and I came out absolutely no point in reviving or buying unit packs 👎🏼 ( running multiple 5/65s fully boosted)

6.2 was never going to be easy but we got to the boss, to have our progress halted by not having a certain champion, this is terrible game design imo (I’m all for champ restrictions in Act 6 and gated paths , it’ll extend the lifespan of this game “all good” 👍🏼)

Kabam mentioned in the 6.2 release notes that we’ll be able to get a initial clear when these gates are added but it doesn't seem to be the the case. The last fight is basically gated to having cap IW.

So what would make this skill based ?

We still need a tough fight but we need a fair fight.

i used supreme for the last 10% and first 90% and had no whatsoever problems. what you need to do (and id suggest lots of duels instead of live testing 6.2 boss like i did) is find the precise exact distance where all his sp1 hits miss but the last. you will alwais need to just dodge the last hit, and it will alwais (granted you nailed the distance, and that's all about istinct and sense of reaction) drop one charge off him.

As a potential hint, the right distance is what you'd gain by dashing back once with him at the wall. If you can replicate that distance on any of his sp1s, he won't touch your block at all.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I haven't started 6.2 yet since I'm still fully exploring all difficulties of monthly EQ for coral, so I very well could be missing something.

Why is everyone sleeping on Ghost? I never see anyone mention her as a candidate to take on Champion. She can just phase through beginning hits of his SP1 and then dexterity evade the remainder. Takes some patience to time her phasing with his SP1, but it can happen....hell, I made it happen a few times in a duel against Cow's Champ before he died to suicides. Maybe it's harder in the fight once he builds up some charges and starts going unstoppable, but I still think she can do it pretty easily.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

_ASDF_ said:

He was relatively easy with Morningstar. Who’s been in the contest a long time. Wish the community wouldnt complain about this nonsense. If we’d focus on real problems like mr Sinister, the restrictions might not continue to narrow. 🤦‍♂️

Dr Voodoo and Magik can do it. 🤷‍♂️ It’s the boss of the chapter and was less BS than the collector.

Sinister was fairly simple with captiw and synergy tho. Favy is champion has a skill element which all fights should have
    I have no problem with the skill based nature of the champion, but I have a problem with the pass/fail nature of it.

I could spend 10k units and he'd be at the same health level, cause Im just not good enough. I honestly think I'll never be good enough.

So where does that leave me? Locked out of all future act content, regardless of how many resources I'm willing to grind up.

Which leads to the question of, why am I still going to play then? All of the other stuff I do, aq, aw, arena grinding, is to complete content I'm now shut out of.

All I want is the ability to progress in the fight if I lack the skill required to get it done. Something like 500-1000 damage per special evaded? I dont know, something that just doesn't leave me feeling like I'm banging my head into a wall, knowing full well my skull will give first.