**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Kabam compensate us for not testing out mini-boss Hyperion before releasing in game?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I used up 4 weeks of health and revive potions in just one week because of that Hyperion.

What do you guys think? And maybe it's worthwhile asking, what should the compensation include?

Should Kabam compensate us for not testing out mini-boss Hyperion before releasing in game? 119 votes

Yes, it's the moral and ethical thing to do.
64%
Vdh2008thetaman23SiliyorazielChadhoganThe_Greatest_OneCrkwestSpity68AddyosXHans_GruberXUbersoulVuskaChumpNanoDroidForwardSpeedbumpEmil_LimsonTerraSaint_007Huge1968_uk 77 votes
No, suck it up.
35%
Stara99DrZolaLeNoirFaineantDarkestDestroyerWiMakNuclekerrTheVyrusTeddersDemonzfyreDarkrider05abhi7215OrcDovahkiinHendrossPizzabeatCupidMy_SuperiorBlubfish_666IDogeKillerRino19Stellar 42 votes

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I mean it was working as intended....they just didnt test it out properly to realize where he stands when it comes to difficulty.

I mean it was working as intended....they just didnt test it out properly to realize where he stands when it comes to difficulty.

Shouldn’t they have a better handle on how to tune the difficulty of their content by now? Between this, map 7 issues, and 6.2 it feels like they are making this same mistake very often.
    Doesnt matter really, people will still play and pay. I mean you can already see tons of people in the forum who liked pre-fix mechanics.
  • DEPRATOR37DEPRATOR37 Posts: 7
    Did Anybody knows what’s the lowest time score for legend run Namor Boss?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    No, suck it up.

Shouldn’t they have a better handle on how to tune the difficulty of their content by now? Between this, map 7 issues, and 6.2 it feels like they are making this same mistake very often.
    Doesnt matter really, people will still play and pay. I mean you can already see tons of people in the forum who liked pre-fix mechanics.
    Where are these tons of people? Must have missed them in the sea of valid critiques
    My Alliance ran 5x5 last run. Only a few deaths. With the right champ, Hyperion was very doable.

Where are these tons of people? Must have missed them in the sea of valid critiques
    Check the forum thread, also you can see a few people on this thread as well. People who havent been doing map 5s for a long time faced difficulty but the others well verse with map 5 dont have a problem with it.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★

Most people that say it was fine were using maxed 5 stars, those guys up there were ^^
    Drooped2 said:

Noob2435 said:

Most people that say it was fine were using maxed 5 stars, those guys up there were ^^
    Most people using maxed 5 stars have higher prestige and a harder boss as well your point?
    My point is you're a using your words "endgame" player running map 5. You have played for a long time and have a lot of good champs to do map 5 no? Well most people doing map 5 don't have the skill nor roster to do what you do.
    Drooped2 said:

Noob2435 said:

Most people using maxed 5 stars have higher prestige and a harder boss as well your point?
    You're kinda looking at it like well I got through it so everyone else should have too but not taking into consideration your skill and roster. Think of the average person that does map 5
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    No, suck it up.
    Noob2435 said:

We werent. Rank 4 Luke Cage is who we used.
    Drooped2 said:

Noob2435 said:

Drooped2 said:

Noob2435 said:

You're kinda looking at it like well I got through it so everyone else should have too but not taking into consideration your skill and roster. Think of the average person that does map 5
    You're looking at it of well I had to spend so ots wrong without taking into consideration. That you may just not be ready for it.

Hype wasnt that bad at all day 5 our guy solod both with an r4 sym supreme.
    I did my bg with r5 stark (both bosses)
    Not sure who did bg3s they dont talk much kinda an independant group
    I never said I had to spend anything, but alliance mates did. But again you guys are endgame players doing map 5 no **** it would be easy for you. Again think of the average players doing map 5 go look at the hype thread and you'll see the average players had problems with it. No one really expects people that have played for years and with deep rosters to have problems with a map 5 mini.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    No, suck it up.
    Suck it up isn’t the right word... it was too difficult, incredibly frustrating but they have adjusted it. If it were BUGGED... absolutely. Compensation would be in order.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    There should be a compensation..those who didn't have to use items,its bonus items and those who had to use items,the compensation would recover some of those items...hype was an irritating mini with probably the smallest set of champs capable of handling the fight,especially the second one.i had a couple takedowns and some good fights but it was because I had one of the usable champs at r4 and still I timed out once with a R4 she hulk against second hype after a 130 hit combo in 3 minutes which shows that the difficulty of the mini was higher than the average map 5 mini
  • zeezee57 said:

I don't think so. It was harder than a mini should he on map 5 and it's being toned down. I don't think anything past that is necessary. Frankly with all the 6.2 issues right now the Hype mini is a non issue imo and shouldn't be a topic of compensation discussion.

Ask yourself... what percentage of the playerbase did 6.2 vs the percentage that participated in Map 5 this week? I can almost GUARANTEE more players went at Map 5 than Act 6.2. Yet, this is a non-issue? For you maybe. For others, this was a problem. Why minimize someone else's struggles in favor of, what I would assume to be your own?

They BOTH were a problem. They BOTH have been addressed, and 6.2 is still being worked on. I don't see the point in making it seem like anyone shouldn't be upset by something that was by all accounts more difficult than intended. Wait a second... that sentence applies to both situations too?!?! What a concept! Perhaps working together united under the same cause would be more beneficial than attempting to minimize someone else's struggles. Call me an idealist if you want.

Act 6.2 had MORE issues than Map 5 did. True. However, a problem is still a problem no matter the size or quantity. Be nice if the players could step outside their progression bubble for a moment and realize how others can be affected by seemingly 'smaller problems.' Personally, as I stated before, my crew did fine overall. Yet, I'm not here trying to minimize other's struggles or feelings towards the issue with the Hyperion Mini Boss.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I agree that Hyperion was a jump in difficulty, but I solod the hype bosses with 5/50 gwenpool. You need to use the right champs and use the right approach. Maybe not everyone can do map 5 all the time.. just because you used to do map 5 doesn’t mean you always should get map difficulty that suits you.