**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Punished for not having F4 champions?

OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
I like the idea of the Rifts this month and like the idea of giving you a choice between stable and unstable.

I don’t agree with using “certain champs” on the daily goals to get the rewards for the rifts. The people that don’t have any version of these champions are punished more or less having to do five times the fights as the lucky ones that have gotten them.

Again rewarding people that win from the RNG crystal drop rates and punish the ones who don’t have the account types to get these champions is an example of what is wrong with the game meta currently.

When your account gets the same champions over an over again not rewarding new champions then these events come by is a slap in the face to many players in the community. I guess “shame on you” for not having good game RNG.

Comments

• ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    You also have the option of doing arena to try and get those champs when they land in the game. If you choose not to, then thats your problem, unfortuantely.

It sucks, but thats the game.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Nope, you are losing out maybe one day a week. I don't have any FF4 champs but have all the others and get in the 1-20% bracket on all those days . One day off spamming rttl is a blessing really. Your idea of bring punished is moot.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    It's very easy to get the first 4 important milestones if you are active (ie play arena) so to be honest it is not pay to win at all
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    it's easy to get points just by doing arenas..I was able to clear 1 million once just only doing arenas..having specific champs for each day grants you 10k points, but you can get points from the non featured F4 champs just not as much
    OmegaMan said:

The point is game not balanced at all. There are days when people can’t play this game for hours because they have life outside of it when work and family has to come first. This game indeed punishes those players that can’t dedicate hours a day to play. You miss those rewards that are needed to advance in the game. When you miss you get further behind.

👀 the timer resets every 24hrs..if you want to maximize points just use the featured F4 and do quests that doesn't require that much energy..refill and repeat such quests, but the biggest way to get points is by doing arenas
    What level player are you is the question?
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Never mind seems like a mute point. Guess the game is well balanced for everyone.
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    OmegaMan said:

The point is game not balanced at all. There are days when people can’t play this game for hours because they have life outside of it when work and family has to come first. This game indeed punishes those players that can’t dedicate hours a day to play. You miss those rewards that are needed to advance in the game. When you miss you get further behind.

By that point of view, I guess act 6 should be made as easy as act 4? You know, to balance out the game for players of all stages?
    edited June 2019
    OmegaMan said:

Never mind seems like a mute point. Guess the game is well balanced for everyone.

If I were you I would try during the none arena days, because numbers were high this weekend because of Namor alone. The 5* featured I heard was cutoff 80+ million and the 4* featured was around 12.5..this arena alone made it harder to place in the top %..I only finished in the top because I put up 15+ million during arena..the numbers for today will be down a lot
    ch4rn said:

OmegaMan said:

By that point of view, I guess act 6 should be made as easy as act 4? You know, to balance out the game for players of all stages?
    Nope indeed act 6 should only be for the top 5-10% of the player base such as it is. That seems perfectly as designed.

• CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    If you do the Marvel Insider rewards each month, it's a good way to build a roster of different champs. I got both 3* Thing & 3* Human Torch during their respective event quest months just from the Insider rewards. Was able to do one pass through beginner today with HT and gain all F4 milestones.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    You don't get punished. If you don't have the 10k bonus champ, just use normal champs. It's basically a glorified hero use event.
  • CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145

If you do the Marvel Insider rewards each month, it's a good way to build a roster of different champs. I got both 3* Thing & 3* Human Torch during their respective event quest months just from the Insider rewards. Was able to do one pass through beginner today with HT and gain all F4 milestones.

Further to my point, this month you can get Namor for free, simply by redeeming the points you get from completing Beginner, Normal and Heroic.

• HurricaneWarningHurricaneWarning Posts: 22
    So I need to do Beginner, Normal and Heroic to get a 3*. Man please! 😂🤣

Yep and don’t forget to spend for energy please. Lol

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    It’s not the “lucky ones” all of these champs were available in arena 3/4/5* alike... you not grinding for them at any start doesn’t mean you’re unlucky. You could have gotten the 3/4* of all of these pretty easily. Lack of effort is why you don’t have them... so yes you’re lack of effort then is making you put out more effort now or miss out in rewards... don’t think of it as you being punished, think of it as those who got them being rewarded 😉
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You don't need certain Champs to get the goals. You get Bonus Points for using certain Champs, but earn Points using anything. Of the Champs on the list, only 2 are F4s. Well, technically the F4 have had a number of Members in the past, but the actual Members you're referring to.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Exactly! She hulk? Ghost rider? Wolverine? Who doesn’t have some version of these champs yet?! If you don’t then sorry... content isn’t created to be equally easy to everyone all the time. I have never been able to pull void 5*... people who have him and need to combat /evade etc may have an advantage over me in act 6 since my 4* can’t participate (wouodnt use a 4* even if I could to be fair) doesn’t mean they need to change the content. I have some champs others don’t and makes it easer I for me in spots. It’s not a punishment... roster depth has always yielded its advantages.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I can't play today and I also don't have the champ. Works well. ;)
    edited June 2019
    As I said moot point. And it’s not lack of effort to “grind arena” for champions. Not everyone that grinds arenas get champions. Yep I have a job that requires 8-12 hours a day and a family to take the rest. Correct again that I can’t sit and grind Arena for millions of points to get a champion that benefits “special requirements” for the game. This was only one example but it’s all over the game.

Done with it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

You get units from all those quests. Use them to buy energy refills. Pretty simple.

OmegaMan said:

You get units from all those quests. Use them to buy energy refills. Pretty simple.
    Yes sir! On it

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

As I said moot point. And it’s not lack of effort to “grind arena” for champions. Not everyone that grinds arenas get champions. Yep I have a job that requires 8-12 hours a day and a family to take the rest. Correct again that I can’t sit and grind Arena for millions of points to get a champion that benefits “special requirements” for the game. This was only one example but it’s all over the game.

Done with it.

The featured champ just gives more points. Its completely possible to get all milestones without the featured champ. I'm doing it right now because I don't have Torch.
  • CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    Bear3 said:

It’s not the “lucky ones” all of these champs were available in arena 3/4/5* alike... you not grinding for them at any start doesn’t mean you’re unlucky. You could have gotten the 3/4* of all of these pretty easily. Lack of effort is why you don’t have them... so yes you’re lack of effort then is making you put out more effort now or miss out in rewards... don’t think of it as you being punished, think of it as those who got them being rewarded 😉

Not sure I agree. Very few people can actually get the 4 or 5* versions in arena. Some people enjoy spending all their free time (plus units for refreshes) on arena. 3* however, should be doable by anyone who has played for a bit. I think the FF4 event is fine as is, but there's no way I'm gonna spend my time on 3* arena when I don't use 3* champs for anything and could instead use that time to get some 5* shards in 4* featured and 5* arena, and the 4* basic champ (if it's one I don't already have duped).

Yeah, I too was bummed when I saw that Human Torch was the daily champ, but oh well. Still gonna hit them rewards...
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    Honestly, I don’t care, I’m just pushing my way through