**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is a 5* Hood worth an R4

Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
I recently pulled hood as a 5* and heard he was really good, and I recently beat act 5 so I’m close on my capped T2 alpha. I need to know if he is worth taking up unawakened. Or should I wait for a mutant to rank?

Is a 5* Hood worth an R4 89 votes

Yes, take him up now!
58%
ArcDeAngelusSnizzbarWorld EaterAce_03TheManMythLegendVision_41TerraFoxhero007GNASTYNEO_mr_AndersonSpiderCoolsPizzabeatJack_OHarasimolazissamaf80Darkness275PeterQuillEvangelionlovrKittenPrimeJakearound 52 votes
Nah, wait for someone else
41%
DalBotSpity68AndyB1985ChovnerKihlgastMets17mihJ0NisCOOLCliffordcanmdsubJayProngsIDogehiddenblizzardDiablosUltimateToxicBladeCharlie_SceneScopeotoe987Incitatus666Little_Crocodili29Edgecrusher_13 37 votes

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Only if you have a mystic gem to spare and nobody better to use it on.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Only if you have a mystic gem to spare and nobody better to use it on.

I do not
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    Yes, take him up now!
    I’d like to know your current mystics first though but yeah hood is still an amazing champion
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Yes, take him up now!
    Terra said:

He is more useful than people give him credit for. He can keep almost a constant stagger on enemy, can deal shock and bleed damage, huge sp3 damage if timed right. Can nullify most projectile attacks aswell with invisibility. Definitely worth r4 imo. He don't need Awakening either so that's a boost

100% agree with this - plus if he is awakened he gets even more versatile. Can't be stunned while his invisibility is on CD and he has a chance to power steal on his hits. He's an amazing control character and those staggers really do add up into powerful heals if you're fighting a buff-heavy champion.
  • Jack_OHaraJack_OHara Posts: 92
    Yes, take him up now!
    He's great unawakened, better awakened but I'm sure you'll get there. I personally think he's my favorite mystic champ for his extreme versatility, and find him to be more useful than other mystics like Ghost Rider, Magik, etc. He's great at nullifying, gets regen when he does, and can do other types of power control once he's awakened. His invisibility has saved me so many times. I don't have a 5 star, but I have my 4 star maxed out. So yeah, go for it.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Yes, take him up now!

Terra said:

He is more useful than people give him credit for. He can keep almost a constant stagger on enemy, can deal shock and bleed damage, huge sp3 damage if timed right. Can nullify most projectile attacks aswell with invisibility. Definitely worth r4 imo. He don't need Awakening either so that's a boost

100% agree with this - plus if he is awakened he gets even more versatile. Can't be stunned while his invisibility is on CD and he has a chance to power steal on his hits. He's an amazing control character and those staggers really do add up into powerful heals if you're fighting a buff-heavy champion.
    He doesn’t heal until the stagger expires. So, you’d need to fight a champ with minimal buffs for the regen to be effective. A buff heavy champ + MD = A LOT of power gain.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Yes, take him up now!
    He’s definitely worth R4 if you use ranked ghost regularly. That synergy is dope.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Hood is VERY good - but as someone above stated it depends who you have as your mystics. Symbiote Supreme, GR, Magik and Dr Voodoo should have priority I believe. Best thing about hood and Symbiote Supreme is how they handle annoying champs like Hyperion andJuggernaut/UC.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Yes, take him up now!
    I used my mystic 3-4 gem on him. I use ghost a lot and like suicides. So seemed to fit. His damage is kinda **** but utility is nice. I wouldn’t waste the T2A on him but a gem is free. So I felt he’s worth it.
  • CoachStokesCoachStokes Posts: 2
    Yes, take him up now!
    Hood is one of the greatest if you know how to use him.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    By the way, base your answer on if he can take out act 6 content.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    I was in the same Situation as you are, but i didnt choose to rank him up, because i got other champs. Imo, he really is underrated, but as Long as you have other choices and not to much ressources, i wouldnt do it. I just played him on rank 3 Ages now, but now i got Venom, Symb Supreme, Medusa, and he is more and more only becomming backup...
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Yes, take him up now!

Terra said:

He doesn’t heal until the stagger expires. So, you’d need to fight a champ with minimal buffs for the regen to be effective. A buff heavy champ + MD = A LOT of power gain.
    If you have a stagger in place when a buff expires or activates it cancels out the buff and you get a heal. He heals quite a bit when facing buff-heavy characters, just as I stated.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    he heals like 2% for every exipired stagger!
    Sadly, he doesnt heal for example 6% when 3 buffs get staggered at the same time :( i mean ist ovious because only one stagger expires, but it would make him some stronger